InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Way Ice Can Turn Into Sun ❯ The Hanyou and The Other Miko From The Future ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry that it's a little short, the next ones will be longer, I promise!

Chapter 4: The hanyou and the other Miko from the future


Kumiko woke up in a few hours feeling ashamed about her previous outburst.
“I went to sleep...he’s gonna be really angry now.” She thought.
She got up meekly to see an indifferent youkai lord and an oddly silent Jaken.
“Let’s go.” Sesshoumaru said calmly.
“What, he’s not glaring at me with murderous looks? He’s not even threatening me? Nothing?” She thought with surprise.
“So...where are we going?” she dared.
“To meet someone who might have information about Naraku’s whereabouts” he answered.
“Who?” She was too curious for her own good.
He decided to answer her, though he had no pleasure in doing so:
“My half-brother”. His voice got even colder as he pronounced the words. He hated the fact that he was related to a hanyou.
“Your half-brother?” She was awed. She had never pictured Sesshoumaru having a brother, or a mother and a father for that matter.
“That’s stupid. Why wouldn’t he?” She thought. “I wonder if his half-brother is like him. One arrogant self-centered demon lord is enough on this planet.”
She kept walking alongside Ah-Un thinking about all that had happened and that seemed too unbelievable to be true. “Demons, dragons, I suddenly find out I have spiritual powers and now I have to travel with him.”
Her thoughts were interrupted by the low voice of the demon lord:
“If we keep walking we will not reach them until they get to a village.” He approached her and swooped her up into his arms.
“Are we flying again?” she asked with a smile.
“It no longer frightens you?” His golden eyes turned to glare into her dark ones.
“No...not with you I mean. I trust you.” She answered.
He felt happy when he heard her words. “Why?” he asked himself receiving no answer.
“ We need even quicker means of transportation.” It was his turn to smile.
“Quicker than flying? What are you gonna do, teleport or something?” she asked ironically.
“Yes.” He answered simply amused by the look on her face. “This might be strange for a human but just close your eyes and hold tight.” Not giving her time to answer his form changed into an orb of light and took off with incredible speed.
Before she could realize what was happening they were on a hill and he released her from his arms. Just a few meters away was a strange group. A boy dressed in red and with long white hair and dog ears?!, another one dressed like a monk, a girl with a giant boomerang and a little fox youkai sitting on the shoulders of a girl in a school uniform?
“But that’s the school uniform of my time...” she thought and hope brightened her dark eyes. “Could she be from the future like me? Maybe she knows how to get back!”
The boy with the dog ears seemed profoundly disturbed by their appearance:
“Sesshoumaru! What the fuck are you doing here?” he barked.
“Can’t I visit my little brother from time to time?” the taiyoukai smiled with an evil look.
“Yeah right! You’re here for the Tessaiga, aren’t you? You’re not getting it!” he shouted again placing a hand on his sword.
“Stop barking Inuyasha.” Sesshoumaru silenced him with a wave of his hand. “I have no further interest in the Tessaiga. Other matters bring me here now.”
He simply walked past Inuyasha and addressed the monk.
“What do you know about Naraku?” he asked coldly.
The monk seemed frightened by the demon lord and answered him quickly:”We’ve been searching for him for a while but his scent just disappeared. In our last encounter with him, Inuyasha wounded him badly but he managed to escape and hide somewhere. We’re walking from village to village trying to gather some information.”
“So you know nothing. Figures Inuyasha couldn’t manage to kill the bastard. Such is the weakness of a half-breed.” He said despisingly, turning away from them.
“Oh yeah, I didn’t see you killing him either so shut the fuck up!” Inuyasha shouted and his golden eyes turned to Sesshoumaru’s left arm, noticing it’s presence with surprise.
“I see your arm grew back somehow, don’t matter, stay away from Tessaiga if you wanna keep it!” he added.
“Do not dare to give this Sesshoumaru orders.” The demon lord growled and was just about to give the insolent hanyou a lesson when he saw the golden-haired miko take off from behind him.
Kumiko ran towards the girl in the uniform. She knew Sesshoumaru would be furious, but she didn’t care. If there was a way back she had to know. She stopped a few feat in front from her and asked:
“You’re not from around here, are you? You’re wearing a school uniform. Please forgive my rudeness but I have to know. Are you also from another time?”
The girl had an expression of surprise on her face and joy started to shine in her eyes:
“Yes, I am, my time is 500 years from now. And you?”
“Mine too I guess! My name’s Kumiko, how did you get here? Have you been here long? Do you know how to get back?” the questions came pouring out quickly as she was afraid Sesshoumaru would come between them.
Sesshoumaru was going to intervene, but stopped when he heard the rain of questions. There she goes, reminding him of Rin again.
“My name’s Kagome, I got here through a well, yes, I’ve been here quite long, actually I never stay that long, I go back and come here again and so on.” She stopped trying to catch her breath and hoping she had answered all of Kumiko’s questions.
“Through a well...it must be the same one.” Kumiko thought and her hope started to fade.
“So you can get back? How?” she asked again.
The rest of the group was staring at them and Sesshoumaru started to show obvious signs of annoyance, but Kumiko couldn’t care less right now.
“Through the same well I got in.” Kagome answered.
“But...I can’t go back that way, I tried” Kumiko sighed with disappointment.
“Well how did you get here the first place? Did you have a Shikon shard?” Kagome asked knitting her brows.
Kumiko was just about to ask what a Shikon shard was but suddenly the sky became dark and thousands of youkai started pouring out.
“Naraku’s youkai!” she heard the girl with the huge boomerang say.
“Sango-chan, look out!” Kagome yelled firing an arrow of light at an ugly snake youkai that was going for Sango’s neck.
Everyone started to fight. Inuyasha pulled out his sword that instantly transformed into a fang and eradicated hundreds of creatures with one swing. Sesshoumaru sliced up as many youkai as he could, Sango’s boomerang cut through the masses and the monk sucked the monsters in through a black hole in his right hand. But they were just too many.
Sesshoumaru tried his best to keep them away from her, she noticed, but they kept coming, millions of them darkened the sky. Above them, a strange white figure watched with satisfaction as they were overcome. She could hear him laughing, the most evil, twisted laugh she had ever heard.
Her friends were losing and the disgusting youkai were closing in on her. She had to do something. She looked up at the man in the baboon pelt and felt her anger grow. He brought her here and now was trying to kill her friends. She felt energy grow inside her as well and an enormous wish to protect everyone.
One of the youkai touched her. She could feel his sharp teeth sink into her shoulder and his cold greasy skin slide against her arm.
“NO!” she yelled, closing her eyes tightly as an enormous burst of pinkish white light erupted from her. The light swallowed everything in front of her and the swarms of youkai dissolved in it as well as Naraku’s puppet.
The last thing she saw was everyone’s amazed eyes staring at her and she collapsed on the ground.
Kagome couldn’t believe her eyes. “Such enormous spiritual powers...” she mumbled, running towards the girl.
Sesshoumaru couldn’t remember being more astonished in his entire life. No miko he had ever seen had such strength, the amount of purifying energy she had released was unimaginable. How could all that power be stored in such a delicate little creature?
“It’s okay, she’s just fainted!” Kagome announced checking her pulse.
“That was amazing. It must have required all of her strength.” The monk said in admiration.
“Yo, Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha turned to his half-brother, what’s with her? You kidnap her or something?”
Sesshoumaru walked towards her and lifted the unconscious miko into his arms. Inuyasha’s question was bothering him. He didn’t kidnap her but she was forced to travel with him and hated the fact that his half breed half brother had reminded him of it.
Seeing that Sesshoumaru paid no attention to Inuyasha’s question and was getting away with Kumiko, Kagome asked in a low voice:
“Please, Sesshoumaru-sama, the medicine from my world will help her recover faster; it will only take a few moments to bandage her arm.” She was almost begging him.
The demon lord looked at Kumiko’s wound. It seemed deep. For a youkai it would have been nothing, but for a human...he could take no chances.
He gave in and returned, holding the unconscious girl in his arms. He laid her gently on the ground and Kagome rushed to her side with bandages and medicine. As she cleaned the wound she dared to address Sesshoumaru in the politest way she could:
“It seems she is from my time. Do you know how she got here, Sesshoumaru-sama?”
To everyone’s surprise he answered:
“Naraku brought her here. He needs her for something, I do not know what, and she does not know it herself. It seems he made it so that she could not return.”
“Oh, Naraku must have done something to the well then, one with her spiritual powers should have had no trouble returning...”
“But Kagome, Sango said in a low tone, that means you cannot return either.”
Kagome’s eyes saddened, but only for a brief moment.
“It’s okay, we’ll just finish off Naraku and everything will be back to normal.” She said in an optimistic tone finishing up with Kumiko’s bandages.
The girl was still unconscious and very pale. Sesshoumaru picked her up gently and carried her away without a word.
“What will you do with her?” Kagome asked with a worried voice.
This human was truly impertinent, questioning him like that. Nevertheless, he felt the need to tell her he wouldn’t harm the girl.
“She will be safe.” he said reverting into the orb of light.
In a split second he was gone, leaving them with tons of unanswered questions.
“Keh!” Inuyasha growled. “That conceded bastard! One day I’ll rim him apart with Tessaiga.!”
“What could Naraku want with Kumiko-sama?” Miroku wondered loudly.
“I have never seen such spiritual force.” Sango added.
“And she is from my world...Naraku’s mystery just keeps getting bigger. What the hell is he planning now?” Kagome’s voice came angrily.

N/A: Reviewer response:

Silvia
: I'm glad you like, I try :)
HeartStar: It always makes me feel good to know that someone likes my work; I'll try not to disappoint.
Mian: Thanks for the review, I'll try to update even sooner and I've already started on the next one!