InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Way That I Want To Touch You ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Way I Want To Touch You

By Midnight Star

All Inuyasha disclaimers apply! Also, I don't own the song "The Way I Want To Touch You." Finally in this story Rin is deaf and Sesshomaru is slightly out of character. If you have a problem with that then please leave and read another fic.

Sesshomaru was in his cabin taking off his makeup. He had arrived on the ship an hour ago. Sesshomaru was upset. "I thought I could enjoy this vacation while Inuyasha was on his honeymoon. Against my wishes, my manager had to book two performances on this ship." He thought. After his makeup was removed, he got into the shower and got dressed for dinner.

"Excuse me sir, but this seat is reserved for Sesshomaru Takahashi." The waiter said to Sesshomaru when was at the captain's table.

"I am Sesshomaru Takahashi." He replied to the waiter.

The waiter looked at him and realized that he was telling the truth. "I'm sorry sir but I didn't recognize you without your makeup." He told Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru found himself seated next to an attractive young woman with brown hair and eyes. He that she was deaf when he saw signing to the person on her other side. When she was finished, Sesshomaru introduced himself to her. "Hello, I'm Sesshomaru Takahashi. May I ask you what your name is?" He signed to her.

Amazed that Sesshomaru knew sign language she quickly signed "I'm Rin Rumiko. How do you know sign language?"

"My late mother was deaf. I learned it from her." Sesshomaru signed.

During the rest of the meal they talked about themselves. "Can you meet me at the promenade deck after my performance tonight?" He asked.

"Sure." Rin signed with a smile.

Sesshomaru left right after dinner and got ready for the show. He was on stage and after he was announced he sung his current number one hit, "I Am".

"Let's search for and gather the shards of dreams

Even if we're sad, we can probably still find them now

Changing the shape of the brightly turning tomorrow

Even if we're sad, let's feel the sure present"

"It's simpler than it looks, but I can't tell it all

I'm always putting what I want to say away in my pocket"

"I can't say things with childlike plainness now

It's said that time settles, but without understanding"

"I believe in you 24 hours a day

I stare wide-eyed, even at common words

Time is always laughing on its swift feet

Let's find a present we want to look for more than memories"

"If we don't move, we can't start

If we worry, we can't stop

I don't want to be coddled by dreams of this world's limits"

"A maiden's cheeky wish is left behind as it is

Love is everything

Our era starts from here"

"Like a bird cutting through the sky

The image dancing in the great sky begins to move

Let's walk

The road goes on far long but

It'll shine like a diamond before we know it"

"I believe in you 24 hours a day

I star wide-eyed, even at common words

Time is always laughing on its swift feet

Let's find a present we want to look for more than memories"

"Let's search for and gather the shards of dreams

Even if we're sad, we can probably still find them now

Changing the shape of the brightly turning tomorrow

Even if we're sad, let's feel the sure present"

&n bsp;

As always everyone applauded wildly when he finished the song. Sesshomaru sang a few more songs and was done. After he removed his makeup and changed back to his dinner clothes, Sesshomaru went to the promenade deck to meet Rin.

"What did you think about the show?" He signed.

"I didn't like it." Rin signed truthfully.

"She's the first person to be honest with me. I wonder why she didn't like it." He thought. To find out he signed "Why? Was it the words?"

"No, the words were fine. It was because you're heart wasn't in it. Why do you wear those flashy clothes and makeup when you sing?" She signed.

"It's for a gimmick. I'm not fond of wearing it myself. That was my manager's idea." He signed.

Rin signed "I don't think that need it either. Do you want to walk with me?"

"Yes, I'll walk with you. " Sesshomaru signed. He took Rin's hand and walked around the deck. He even escorted her to her cabin and wished her a good night.

Sesshomaru didn't get much sleep that week. He couldn't get his mind off of Rin. One night while he still had her on his mind, Sesshomaru was inspired to write a song. He got out of bed, found some paper and spent the rest of the evening writing.

The next morning he found Rin near the pool enjoying her breakfast. Rin looked up and signed "Good morning Sesshomaru-sama. Sit down and join me."

He sat down and wished her a good morning. "I wrote this for you." Sesshomaru signed when he handed her the song.

"Thank you." She signed.

"I hope you like it. It's my version of a love letter." He signed.

After breakfast they left the ship and spent the day in port in San Juan. They to various parts of the city. By sunset they were back on the ship.

Sesshomaru was rehearsing for his second performance tonight when a messenger came up to him. "Excuse me sir, but this is for you." The messenger said when he handed Sesshomaru an envelope.

He thanked and tipped the messenger and opened the envelope. Inside was a note that said:

Please come to the lounge. I have something to show you.

Rin

After reading the note, Sesshomaru ended the rehearsal and went to the lounge. He saw Rin at the piano and walked towards her. Rin handed him some music and signed "Will you play this for me?"

"This is why you asked me to come here?" He signed. Sesshomaru saw that Rin was somewhat hurt by that remark and signed "Alright, I'll play it for you." He looks at the music and realized that it was the very song he wrote for her. As he played the music, he saw Rin close her eyes and sway to the music. He stopped playing and signed "Rin you're one sly fox. You can listen to music by feeling the vibrations of the instrument."

"I was wondering when you'd figure it out." Rin signed with a smile on her face. "Now will you sing the song for me?"

Sesshomaru resumed playing on the piano and while looking into Rin's eyes sang:

"Rin, I never wanted

I never wanted to love a woman

The way I want to love you"

"You are sunshine

You are shadows

You are morning

You are night

You are hard times

You are good times

You are darkness

You are ... light"

" Rin, I never wanted

I never wanted to give a woman

The things that I want to give you"

" You are sunshine

You are shadows

You are morning

You are night

You are hard times

You are good times

You are darkness

You are ...light"

"Rin, I never wanted

I never wanted to touch a woman

The way I want to touch you ..."

"The way that I want to touch you now...

The way that I want to touch you."

When he was finished signing, Rin sat down next to him and kissed him on the mouth. "I love it when you sing this way." She signed afterwards.

"I'm glad that you did." He signed.

After being announced, the audience was stunned to see Sesshomaru without his makeup and flashy clothes. "Ladies and gentleman, if you were expecting me to perform in my usual attire, then I'm sorry to disappoint you. Tonight and from now on, I will perform in this manner." He told the audience. Sesshomaru then began to sing the song he wrote for Rin. When he was finished the song, the audience gave him a standing ovation.

The next day as Sesshomaru left the ship with Rin at his side, he was surprised to see his manager and some press at the gangplank. "You're the last person that I expected to see. Now why are you here?" Sesshomaru said to him.

"Someone sent me a video of your performance last night. I would have never know you would have gone over big with no gimmick. I brought the press here to introduce them to your new image." His manager responded.

One look at Rin told Sesshomaru that she was the one. He decided not to say anything to her, for the time being. After giving some time with the press, he whisked Rin away to his limo to start their future together.

******************************************* *************

Like "Lost Without You", this fic was also inspired by an episode from the Love Boat. I chose to have Rin in this fic the way she was when she first met Sess. A deaf-mute. I chose for her to only sign instead of talk because writing deaf dialogue would have been too difficult for me.

Major thanks goes to Game Master, Toby Seer and Yogi Mutoh for helping me out with this fic!