InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Way We Feel ❯ Filthy Hanyou ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
“InYasha, wait!” Shouted Kagome. Her and the stubborn Hanyou had got into another argument. “Kagome, just leave me alone for now. I need to be alone.” InuYasha said calmly. “InuYasha, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you so upset. I don't know what came over me.” Kagome explained. InuYasha just looked at her and walked away. As Kagome walked toward the village, she was so deep in thought that she didn't notice Shippou coming towards her. “Kagome. You're back!” yelled Shippou as he ran and jumped on Kagome, suffocating her with hugs. “Shippou?” Kagome asked. “ Yes Kagome.” Replied Shippou. “ Where's Sango?” she asked with a worried look on her face. “She's with Keade.” He replied Shippou with a look of confusion. “Kagome? Did you and InuYasha get into another argument?” He asked with a concerned look upon his face. “Yeah, we did, but I don't feel like discussing it with you.” She said angrily. “ Oh, Shippou I'm so sorry.” When they arrived at the village, she went straight to Keade's hut. “Oh, Kagome, you've returned.” Said Sango happily.
 
************************************************
 
As the Hanyou ran through the forest he constantly thought about what Kagome had said to him earlier. `Why would Kagome call me a Filthy Hanyou?' He knew what ever he did he had to fix it.
********************************************
 
“Sango, can I have a word with you?” Kagome asked with a slight hint of sadness in her tone. “ What is it Kagome?” asked Sango. “ Sango, I called InuYasha a filthy Hanyou. And I didn't mean to.” She explained almost in tears. “ He just made me extra mad today.” She sobered. “Kagome, what did he do?” Sango asked. “ Well, I really don't know.” She said. “ Kagome you really need to apologize to InuYasha.” Sango replied. “ I guess I'll have to when he returns.” When ever that may be.” She answered sarcastically.
 
****************************
 
As InuYasha lay stretched out in the warm sun, all he could do was think about making Kagome happy. He noticed that is was time for him to get back to the village. When he arrived Kagome was waiting for him. “ InuYasha? I'm sorry. I really am.” Kagome said sadly. As she said this InuYasha leaned in and kissed her lightly on her lips. With a shocked expression, she asked, “ What was that for?” “I just thought I could make you happy that way.” He said. “Well it worked.” She responded. “ Kagome, why did you call me that?” InuYasha questioned. Kagome didn't have the slightest clue. She waited a few minutes before she responded. “Uh, Kagome, did you hear me?” InuYasha asked again. “I don't know.” “What do you mean you don't know?” he asked. In his mind he knew she hadn't had a clue. But was hoping she would give him a reason. “ InuYasha, lets just forget about it. Okay?” She said. Hoping he would leave it alone. To her surprise, he did.
 
 
************************************************
Back in Keade's hut, Sango, Miroku, Shippou, and Kirara was eating supper. “Nice of yall to start without us.” InuYasha said casually. “We couldn't wait.” Said the monk as he stuffed is face with potatoes. “ Kagome when will you be returning to your time?” Keade asked hinting that she was wanting something back from the modern time. “Maybe tomorrow.” Kagome said. “ Did you want me to get something for you?” she asked.
“Yes I'm running a bit low on saffron.” Keade complained. As they finished supper, Kagome made a suggestion to InuYasha. “InuYasha, you want to go for a walk?” she asked. “ What for?” he said kind of annoyed. “ Well I was wanting to show you something.” She said. She finally got him to go with her as they walked toward the forest, InuYasha had a thought about taking Kagome to somewhere special. But he didn't know where. After a few minutes of thinking, he finally thought of a place. He knew of a place that when the moon was in the right position that it made a perfect heart when it hit the trees. “ Kagome, get on my back.” InuYasha said smoothly. “ Where are we going InuYasha?” she asked. “You'll see. Its one of my special places.” InuYasha said sweetly. As they ran through the moon lit forest, Kagome was thinking how she should make it up to InuYasha for calling him a stupid Hanyou. When they approached his special place, he set Kagome down and they walked a few places ahead. “ Well this is it.” He exclaimed. “Oh InuYasha, its lovely.” Kagome said in aw. She loved how the moonlight struck the trees and made a heart appear. As she gazed at the shape for a few minutes, InuYasha appeared by her side. “ Come sit by me Kagome.” InuYasha said. Kagome walked toward the tree InuYasha was headed to. She sat on the soft pink blanket that InuYasha laid out for them to sit on. InuYasha gently placed his arm around Kagome's neck. They just sat quietly enjoying each other's presence. Kagome finally spoke, “InuYasha, the reason I called you a filthy Hanyou was because I thought of you being with Kikyo that time, and it made me really upset.” She said. “ Kagome, it doesn't matter. I know you didn't mean to.” He said. And with that said he leaned over and kissed her lightly on lips. As the kiss grew more passionately, Kagome leaned into it. Never wanting it to end. She wished that her and the stubborn Hanyou could do this all the time. But they quickly pulled out of the kiss when they heard a young woman crying for help. “ I wonder what that could be about.” Kagome asked. “ Don't just stand there, get on!” InuYasha yelled. Kagome jumped on InuYasha's back and they ran toward the crys.