InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Whispers of a Well and The Fate of Them All ❯ Chapter Two ~ Truth Inside the Heart. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rating - PG-13 (although may change at a later date to R...I don't know yet for.) for Inuyasha language (geeze, go figure) Fighting (now that is unusual for Inuyasha right?) and all that other stuffs.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and company...but I keep searching for him on E-bay. Maybe one day I will get lucky! ** My B-Day is on the 27 of this month.. so incase you just can't figure out what to get me.. just wrap up dog boy in a bow. :D **

Ok, so like I have bought a couple of Inuyasha DVD's that are English subtitles. I got to admit, it is helping my understanding of the basic words… Trouble is, I have enough problems with proper spelling in English. So, due to that reasoning (which seems sort of sound in my own twisted mind) almost all words will be in English, unless for some important reason they shouldn't be. (like I suddenly become bi-lingual)

Like I said, tis my first time, so be gentle, that doesn't mean go easy, but it does mean, be sure to explain something if you don't like it. Don't just flame… explain! But don't forget to let me know if I am doing something right. :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~

The Whispers of a Well and The Fate of Them All

Chapter Two ~ Truth Inside the Heart

< Modern Time >

Once a certain hanyou stopped eating, (5 helping later to be exact) and the dinner was put away, Mrs. Higurashi asked Inuyasha exactly what he though of the modern times compared to his times back in Sengoku Jidai.

Scratching his head, "I don't know. There are more people and more activity going on here. Not to mention a lot of different things I don't even understand yet. Back home is more peaceful, and smells more calming then here. It sort of smells `dirty' here. Not to mention the noise." To prove his point he lowered his ears to the back of his head.

Mrs. Higurashi had to chuckle with his description. `He defiantly uses all his senses when exploring things.' "Do you have time to do a bit more exploring here Inuyasha? Because I need to pick up some new outfits for Kagome for school, and if you want you could come along. That way we can grab you some stuff so that when you come over, you wouldn't be cooped up here at the shrine. What do you say?"

Kagome at this time though that was a great idea. "This way too maybe I can explain why I am always coming back here to take tests. Then maybe I wouldn't have to say the "S" word on you so much. We could even grab an ice-cream cone."

Tilting his head to the one side, Inuyasha had to admit he sort of liked this era and would like to explore it a bit more. And anything to get from being sat so much might not be such a bad idea. "Alright, I'll go with you. What is an ice cone?"

Giggling when he turned his puzzled golden eyes towards, "Trust me, you love it. Although am sort of curious what flavor would be your favorite."

Giving a half chuckle her mother turned to her and said, "Judging from what I have seen, I would have to say all of them."

That brought a harder giggle from the Miko, and a slight blush and a "Feh" from the hanyou.

Reaching over to him Mrs. Higurashi, gave him a slight pat on the head. "Don't get me wrong, I love it when people enjoy my cooking. And judging from you reaction from dinner, you did. You are always more then welcome to come over and have dinner with us. I don't get to see much of my daughter anymore, not that I mind her going in the past, but I really like to know how everyone is doing. I wonder if you could get the rest of your group over here through the well. I would love to meet them all. They already feel like family to us. Since we hear so much about them and all."

"Mom, I just had an idea." The young Miko suddenly beams with a big grin on her face. "I believe it requires our jewel shards that we have and some cooperation from Inuyasha but how about we bring them over to dinner tomorrow. I know Shippou will love meeting Souta, and Sango always wonders what my time is like. I am sure that Miroku wouldn't mind checking out the sites either." Giggling hard because she knew the sites would be all the young girls around. `I just have to talk to him about asking any of them to bear him a child' groaning mentally at the image suddenly playing out in her mind, and shaking her head.

This caused Inuyasha to raise an eyebrow, "Going to give him a talk about his question?" Stifling a chuckle but loosing the battle instead it came out as more of a snicker.

"Yeah" she replied.

This in turn made Mrs. Higurashi look at them both.

"Miroku has a bit of a personality that is interesting," replied Kagome.

"Ah, that's right, isn't he the one who asks all the ladies to bear him a child?"

"Yup, Mom, that's him."

"By the way, dear, " with a school girl glint to her eye. "How did you reply when he asked you that one? You said he was not half bad looking for a monk." Nearly whispering and leaning over her daughter when she said it.

Ears suddenly perked up and tilted towards the conversation even if he wasn't looking directly at them. The can of soda on the table in front of him suddenly looked really interesting anyways.

Knowing her mother like she did, she knew she was actually testing the reaction of Inuyasha. `This could get interesting.' "Actually, he was quite nice when I first met him. Was really sweet and called me a beautiful lady…"

Inuyasha quickly interrupted, "If you don't mind being groped all the time. I seem to remember someone asking me to kill him when he recovered."

Laughing, "I heard all about that episode involving him. We have guys like that in our time too. It is quite common. I think the way Sango deals with him is universal as well. Well, anyways, I think they should come to dinner tomorrow. But for now, lets get going to the mall. I just have to find my keys. You guys want to meet me at the car?"

"Ok, mom. Come on Inuyasha." Grabbing the hanyou by the arm she started dragging him to the car. "You know, I am glad you decided to stay. I always wanted to show you around my era like you guys have showed me around yours, but I didn't think you would want to. Thank you Inuyasha." Giving him a big smile to go along with the thanks.

Looking down at the smiling Miko his heart did a little flip. "Feh, When your mom said she missed you I suddenly remembered you have a family here that misses you as much as the guys back home miss you when you are gone, especially the brat. He flips out when you are gone and bugs the hell out of me."

`But my mom didn't mention missing me until after you agreed to come along.' She thought mentally. Not wanting to put him on the spot she decided to change the subject. "Would you mind helping me try out my idea on bringing the group here? It would mean so much to my mother to know who I was traveling with all the time. She is a mom and mom's worry. Plus, I would just love to show you guys around. I know you all are from another era, but I just want to show you mine as much as you guys have shown me yours."

`She is so excited about bringing everyone over here. We have had little time for ourselves with the battles we have faced so often. And she does so much to help out even if she can't fight. Maybe we can have a little break from everything.' "I will on one condition." With a sudden predatory glean in his eye he looks down at Kagome.

"Um, why am I suddenly nervous about this condition, Inuyasha?" `Just what does he have in mind?'

"No sitting me for a month!" With a rather pleased look on his face thinking that he might have just earned himself a reprieve from eating dirt.

"A month!?! Forget it dog boy!" Giving him a scowl. `I should of guessed that was coming a mile away!'

"Then no deal." Crossing his arms and looking the other way `Why did I even try to put a condition on it? I would of done it anyways because she looked so happy about the thought of it. Although I must admit this is kind of fun.'

Groaning mentally, "Ok, ok… A solid month of not saying the `S' word, UNLESS and I mean UNLESS it is necessary."

"Deal," he replied looking extremely pleased with himself. `That was easier then I though it would be. She must really want them over here.'

"To tell you the truth, I don't know why, but I think it is important for them to at least try to get through the well. I don't know why though, but the thought has been coming to my mind more then a few times when I went through the well lately." With an extremely deep puzzling look she scratched her head. "It is really odd though. I never though about it before, but as of late it has become a nagging feeling."

Suddenly remembering what happened when he crossed the well the last time he though out loud more to himself then to her, "like hearing a voice in your head that isn't yours."

Shocked she looked at him, "You heard them too? I thought I was imagining things when it happened."

"What did they say to you?" the hanyou looked intently at her.

"Um, well from what I remember it was almost like they where asking for help." She then relays the message she was given in her mind.

"4 guardians plus two more,

Tangled together yet never ignored,

Endless struggle in a timeless plight,

Training, searching, till time is right,

Past, present, and future collide as one,

Help is sought for mistakes to be made right."

But what that exactly means I have no clue. The four guardians may mean: you, me, Sango, and Miroku. Plus two more may mean Kirara and Shippou. Tangled together but never ignored, that one puzzles me."

"Feh, like we get ignored back home cause of our group. A Miko, a Taiji-ya, a Hanyou, a Houshi, and 2 Youkai is something that isn't easily overlooked. Our group would stick out anywhere we would go. We go against everything most people believe in anyways."

"Now that you mention it, I guess you are right." Adding a sigh, "I don't understand why people get so damn set on classifying an individual before they get to know them. It is wrong. I don't care what others think, someone should be judged on their merit and not by what they are."

Looking down at the Miko who seemed lost in though. "Do you really feel that way?"

Glancing back up at him slightly annoyed. "Of course I do. If I didn't do you think we would be such good friends if I listed to what others thought of you? Give me a little credit here. I mean I know you for you. Not as some damn half-breed or some thing to be feared because you have demon blood. Heck, that demon blood has saved my butt more times then I can count. And I don't see you as anything other then Inuyasha, one heck of an attitude but with a gentle and kind heart deep down inside. It is just due to having to live like you have you can't show that to anyone else. I am just glad that I have been honored enough to see it from time to time."

"Feh, I don't have a gentle heart." He replied but without his usual gruffness. `She thinks I have a gentle and kind heart. She is honored? But I am just a lowly hanyou. What can see in me?'

"Yes, Inuyasha, you do. But don't worry your secret is safe with me. I have seen glimpse of your past to know how hard it must have been for you. I accept you for who you are because in spite of everything you have been through. You have never once proven me wrong in believing in you, or to put my trust and my life in your hands."

Suddenly Mrs. Higurashi appears behind them. "It is true Inuyasha, I have seen it too. Otherwise I wouldn't have let my daughter go with you time and time again never knowing if I would see her alive again."

"Feh" suddenly feeling a bit weird about all the mushy stuff going on around him he looks at the car. "We leaving yet? I want to try an ice cone."

Laughing because of his reaction to the feelings that was being shared she replies, "ice-cream cone, and yes, we are."

After picking up a couple of new outfits for Kagome, the go off in search of a few for Inuyasha. "What is your favorite color dear?" asked Mrs. Higurashi.

"Red" giggled Kagome. "Sorry couldn't resist that one."

"Actually, red or blue." Replied the hanyou, "Although black is pretty good too."

After having the boy try on different size blue jeans the finally find the ones that fit the best. They grabbed 4 pairs of jeans, (two blue, one black, and one cargo) and 6 different types of shirts. One of them Kagome couldn't resist, a dark blue with flames up the long sleeves and a tribal dragon across the front. Kagome also helped him grab baseball cap for his head along with a bandana. (Incase he didn't feel like wearing the cap.)

After picking up a pair of tennis shoes with Velcro (easier for someone with claws) and some socks. Mrs. Higurashi decided to hand Kagome some cash. "Go ahead and take him over and get some ice-cream. I just have a few more items to pick out, and since Inuyasha has been so good about everything I figured he can grab his cone now."

Inuyasha had been watching everything going on around him, asking a lot of questions and just generally taking in all the coming and goings on around him. He still couldn't get over all the colors, sights, sounds, and goods, he saw around him.

Grabbing him by the elbow, Kagome starts to pull him off to the Café. "Come on dog-boy, lets treat you to one of my favorites of the modern era."

Grabbing a strawberry cone for herself, and a chocolate one for him they go sit down at a booth. He watches her lick hers and after a hesitant sniff of his, he licks his. Watching him take his first taste she raises an eyebrow at him.

"This is good!" as he starts licking away at his cone.

Chuckling at his reaction to the cone she replies, "Want a lick of my strawberry to see what that tastes like?" As she holds her cone over towards him, smiling.

He leans over and gives hers a sniff and licks her cone lightly. The berry flavor is different then the chocolate but just as pleasant. "Sango would love that one. She likes berries a lot. I think Shippou would be wanting this one though," as he goes back to eating his cone.

Smiling broadly, "Yeah, I am sure you are right. I wonder what flavor Miroku would like?" Shaking her head. "You know, I think this is the longest we have actually gotten along and talked without yelling at each other or me saying the "S" word. It is kind of nice."

"KAGOME!" called two girls who came rushing over.

`Oh, no…' "Eri, Yura, where is Arumi?"

"She is finishing up her shopping spree." "How are you?" "How have you been, we know you have been ill." "Are you sure you should be out and about so soon?" "Who is he?" "Does he have a brother?" "Is he your boyfriend?" "What about Hojo?" The two girls flying questions a mile a minute.

"I am fine. Not that ill. Yes I should. This is Inuyasha. Yes he does but trust me you wouldn't want to meet him. He is a friend that is a boy. And he is to nice and sweet for his own good and not my type at all." She replied as quickly as she was asked.

"How can you keep up with the questions?" The hanyou asked while leaning over towards her. He couldn't keep them straight if he wanted to. They where talking to fast for him.

"I have known these girls just about all through school. Trust me, it has taken me this long to figure them out too." She replied giggling. "Ok, introduction time. Inuyasha, this is Eri, and Yura." Pointing to each as she introduced them. "I have know them both since what, about first or second grade, huh? So, about seven years, same with Arumi, which you will probably meet shortly. I have known Inuyasha for about a year now. He is not from around here but his family travels a lot and well, my mom told his family that we would let him stay with us if they have to go for long periods of time." `That will work so that he can be seen around me more.' Giving the hanyou a quick look that said, `DON'T SAY A WORD OTHERWISE!'

Eri and Yura give him a good once over. "So, your staying with Kagome." Replied the one named Yura. "How come you never said you knew such a cute guy Kagome? Have you been holding out on me?"

Laughing and blushing slightly, "Yes, I have. I know how you are around men." That response got all the girls laughing and a very confuzzled* hanyou who suddenly decided to keep his mouth occupied with his ice-cream cone. `Geeze, these girls are really weird. But Kagome seems so relaxed around them. And who is this Hobo kid?'

(*sorry confuzzled is my word it means confused but I just love the word confuzzled better. And since this is my story… YOUR stuck with it. :P*)

*To be continued*

Ok, normally I wouldn't of stopped there. But since Fanfiction is having a bit of difficulty with there server it seems I wanted to get at least some of this posted. I will probably be adding to it very shortly because I want to get the others in here soon. Although I sort of like how this ended though. I will have to think about it.

Also, truth be told. I have absolutely no idea where this story is going to go, well, ok, I sort of do but sort of don't. I have actually two sheets of paper with a long sort of `seers' type poem that I have been pulling from with the two chapters. But as to actually anything beyond that, forget it. I am the type that sort of likes to let the story likes to grow on its own. I have a basic outline in my head. The well is the running theme. But other then that… NADA. Which is ok, cause I am a goober and I like having things that way.

Well, anyways I hope you enjoy what I have so far. I will try to post a new chapter every couple of days, because if you're like me, you hate to wait. Let me know what you think. TTFN.