InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Therapy of Each Other ❯ Answers ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15:Answers
Inuyasha walked up to a small house out in his backyard's garden. The garden was pretty lavish and pretty, but fall was setting in.
“Myouga-jiji! Oi! Myouga-jiji! Where are you, old man?”
He really felt an urgency to talk to him. These confused feelings he's been feeling lately for Kagome has been seriously driving him mad. Then suddenly he felt a prick on his neck. As he sighed, Inuyasha smacked his hang over the site of the sting. He saw a flat flea youkai floating to the palm of his hand ad he wheezed,
“Inuyasha-sama… It's been a while.”
“Enough with greetings, I need to talk to you”
Finally Myouga popped to his normal size.
“You are troubled today? I see it in your eyes.”
Inuyasha sighed and said,
“Yah, I need to know some things.”
Myouga said “Gamyoun” with every hop as he resumed his little seat on his tiny “patio” platform as Inuyasha sat on the nearby bench. Myouga leaned back and asked,
“So what is on your mind, it's been a long time since we've talked.”
Inuyasha still felt a bit uncomfortable admitting he had these feeling, but he had to know.
“Ano… Myouga-jiji…I know this girl…”
“Oh!” Myouga said in glee like a grandfather that finally found his grandson is in love, “You are in love! Well…I...”
“No! Well... Not exa… do you remember that girl, Kagome?”
Myouga sighed,
“Oh, that poor human girl that you would ruthlessly torture against everyone's will?”
Inuyasha hung his head down and said lowly,
“Yah…But…”
He continued to tell the story of Kagome and then paused before he said,
“And a few months ago…when taking care of her, my hatred began to fade and I feel like…She is always on my mind. At the zoo when those boys insulted and tried to take her, I still did not like her, but I felt overwhelmed to protect her, and that moment on, that and…other feelings began to develop…”
Myouga nodded and said,
“Tell me the truth Inuyasha…do you have any…sexual feelings for her?”
Inuyasha almost fell off his bench and cried,
“EEEEIIIIIIII!”
Myouga sighed,
“Not extremely naughty thoughts, but she makes you feel…heated and for not a better word, in heat.”
Inuyasha blushed horribly, crossed his arms angrily, but mumbled “yes”
Myouga nodded as Inuyasha continued,
“Though she is still so innocent ands childlike…She gives off these scents that drive every sense of my body over the edge…and when she looks at me or gets close, I feel like I'm going to loose myself…but…”
“But?”
“My hatred for her still lives in me and fights to reign over these new emotions. I still can't let my feelings flow without getting angry at myself for being weak-minded. I rack my brain…trying to hate or dislike her…do ANYTHING to stop these feelings, especially since she's so young at mind…but…”
He sighed and leant back,
“Her body has changed over the year and a half. She's so thin, and firm and beaut…”
“That sounds shallow, you liking her for her looks…”
Inuyasha growled,
“I know! I know, but I can't help it…plus I think I figured out something else out though last night…”
Myouga looked at him with a raised brow, his old youkai wisdom actually showing from him. Inuyasha looked over to him.
“Part of me…loves the way she looks up and too me. She depends everything she has and is on me. I'm basically her world. At first it was annoying and I hated that thought. It made me sick to my stomach, but lately, when I come to her after school and her eyes grow big and she hugs me, telling me how much she's missed me, I actually feel warm…and special, like I finally have a purpose and I'm not just another being living for no purpose. And lately since I've been gone most of the day, she's become a bit more independent, which I thought would make me happy so she's not smothering me…but part of me is sad about it…”
He looked at Myouga, who sipped on something that looked like blood in a tiny glass. Myouga nodded,
“I know what your problem is.”
The old man said simply in his wise old Japanese man voice.
Inuyasha jumped to get closer to him,
“What?! What's wrong with me?!”
Myouga closed his mind like a wise man and said,
“Nothing's wrong with you.”
“Eeii?”
Inuyasha raised a brow but Myouga looked at him with one eye before closing his eyes again,
“The matter is fairly normal for a dog hanyou. Your human side is fighting with your Dog Youkai instincts.”
“What does that mean?”
“It means that since you've grown up with humans most your life, you've taken up their behavior though you have human blood and some human instinct, your dog youkai instinct has jumped in. Basically, you found someone who needs to be protected, which triggered your dog youkai instinct to protect. Humans are a creature of adaptation. You adapted and grew up hating Kagome. Humans are influence by how they grow up, but now that Kagome is beautiful and helpless, your human side is physically attracted to her, but hatred seeped into your mind while your youkai instinct have kicked in, which is very common at your age. Usually around when dog hanyous are around 18, instinctively they are looking for the perfect female and sensual senses seem to be stronger, that's why her pheromones are stronger to you and many things you notice about her drive you crazy…”
Inuyasha was trying to take this in,
“Then you are saying if I were full human, I would probably still hate her?”
Myouga sighed,
“It's very possible, but your human side may have acted the same way, just not influenced by pheromones and such, plus your strong hatred for her may be blamed on your dog youkai blood as well.”
“Really? How so?”
“It's called the `predator and prey' instinct. Once you decided to tease her, she became your prey, naturally you wouldn't kill her, but think about nature shows, how canine animals stalk their prey, is that how you acted?”
Inuyasha thought a moment,
“Actually, yes I do remember sneaking up on her to attack.”
“That and because of her beauty, most human boys who grew up bullying her, most likely would grow out of it. It's hard to say why you hated her, but the sensual feelings and protective feelings are stronger by your dog youkai blood…grant you still may have still had them if you were human, but dog youkai, once they put someone in their sights to protect and be attracted too, it's helpless, my boy. The chances of you completely fighting them are very slim, since chances are, your human blood has a hand in it.”
Inuyasha sighed,
“That's why my father was so devoted to my mother? He was very wounded from a fight in the mountains with the last ryu (dragon) youkai… but still protected me and my mother to the death?”
“Hai, Inuyasha-sama… but for her sake and yours, try to fight the…mating instinct…”
“Ma…Mating instinct?”
“Hai, after you turn 18, you will have a strong urge to make her your mate.”
Inuyasha turned red then scoffed,
“Keh, I doubt it.”
Myouga raised a brow,
“Don't doubt Mother Nature as she will get you good. But remember you can't blame all this on your instincts, you have a heart as well, human thoughts and feelings.”
He sighed,
“Hai.”
X-X- X-X- X-X-
Kirara picked him up from school on a rainy Friday afternoon. He couldn't wait till he was 18 so he could finally drive himself around. He stared at out the window as he thought about what Myouga said to him this morning. The whole conversation echoed around in his head. He did feel devoted to her no matter how much his human side tried to deny it, but he'd keep it toned low like he has lately.
---Inuyasha entered the doors and immediately he saw an excited Kagome running to him. His heart leaped at the sight. Just recently she began dressing in clothes she wore at home. Today, was a denim skirt and a dusty pink, lace trimmed, v-neck, long sleeved shirt. Instinctively he opened his arms and steadied himself for the impact. Kagome crashed into him and they hugged and he laughed softly,
“Hello, Kagome”
She looked up at him with a smile and Inuyasha's eyes were half closed as he warmly smiled at her till Kirara cleared her throat. Inuyasha jumped away from Kagome and blushed, poor Kagome looked at him, puzzled. He cleared his throat and said,
“Kagome, we need to talk.”
Kagome nodded and joined his side.
X-X- X-X-
They sat in front of the garden window, watching the rain make glass-looking ribbons. Kagome quietly waited for Inuyasha to speak, a bit nervous since his face was unreadable. He decided today he'd ask her the question that laid heavy on his mind since the day he began to take care of her. He finally broke the silence,
“Why do you think of me like you do? Since the day I came… I was told I was the only one you responded too…why?”
Kagome quickly looked up at him and he looked at her from the corner of his eyes. She started to fidget her fingers and looked outside, she was quiet, and so he looked at her and pointed to his ears,
“It was the ears, wasn't it? You thought I looked like a cute puppy?”
Kagome laughed and sighed,
“No…It's…”
She sat in thought a moment, Inuyasha looking at her intently, waiting for her reason.
“Because…Your face is all I remembered. All I dreamt about. For a while it felt like the only face I knew…”
His eyes widened in shock as he thought, `What? What does she mean by this?' But he continued to listen closely,
“…After I woke up from my long sleep, I would dream of your face… I thought you were my guardian angel…”
He blushed and exclaimed,
“Your what?!”
Kagome giggled at his expression, but continued,
“Well your face was the only thing familiar…”
“I wonder why…How did I look?”
She thought long and hard then said gently,
“I was laying down because it looked like you were looking down on me…You had a cut on your lip…You had a worried, but a strange look on your face, you wore a leather jacket, and I saw lights around you…”
Inuyasha then started to have flashback of the night of the accident. Int the gas station parking lot…After he gave her CPR, he held her and she opened her eyes before closing them again…Is that her memory? He asked,
“So that was the only thing you remembered…thought of? When you were asleep and laying in bed?”
She nodded then looked at him and asked,
“Why do you think I remembered you like that?”
He was silent for a moment. Did she know he was the one that saved her? He didn't mean to, but he thought out loud,
“Maybe because I brought you back to life.”
She looked at him wide eyed and squeaked,
“What!? What do you mean? Please tell me! You were there, when it happened…What was it?”
He hesitated, but she begged with her eyes. He sighed and looked at his feet as he spoke.
“It was the night you got shot… You were not technically alive…so I have you CPR…”
“CPR?”
“It's where I would breath for you and try to get your heart to beat…doesn't always work… but if worked for you…”
Kagome almost had tears in her eyes and asked,
“You did that? You breathed for me?”
He fidgeted and blushed and said,
“Yes”
He looked at her and said,
“That's when you came back from dying and opened your eyes for a few moments, then fell asleep for 4 months…”
He looked out onto the wet lawn and whispered,
“That is what you remember…”
Then he said in realization,
“I was the first face you saw when you came back to life…”
That's why! She had imprinted on him! She looked at him in awe with shimmering eyes.
“Inu…yasha…”
He looked at her with heavy eyes and drew her near to his side, she grabbed onto his arm and smiled as she whispered,
“So that's why since I met you, I felt like I was at home, with you I feel like nothing could hurt me, I was with the one I waited for… Now I have you I don't want you to ever go away again…”
He blushed and put his hand on her knee and leaned his head on hers and whispered, his eyes heavy as he looked down at her when he said without thought,
“Who says I want to go away?”
She snuggled into his arm, holding it tightly and whispered,
“…Inuyasha…”
He cuddled into her and whispered,
“Kagome…”
She thought,
`So that's it…He saved my life…He...'
And they just sat there, leaning on each other, reflecting on the warmth and presence of each other as they watched the rain fall.
X-X-X-X-X---------------------X-X-X-