InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ There I Was ❯ Brother-in-law ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There I Was

Chapter Nineteen: Brother-in-law

 

{Disclaimer: I wish I owned Inuyasha and co. but of course I'm too poor for that…which is why you can't sue me. I don't have anything you'd want.}

 

Authors Note: I'm very sorry if these chapters seem pretty fast. I know I think they do. I'm again sorry for not updating in so long. I hope you all can eventually forgive me. I fixed the gender thing in the last chapter thank you to those who pointed it out for me. Okay, in this story I made Kikyou a little ooc. I mean, I didn't want to make her all `gerr I want you dead' like. If you're not happy with that just wait. I think this is like the only, if not one of the few, fics where I make Kikyou nice. Frankly I hate the woman's guts. Review responses below. Ja.

 

Kikitravel: Kagome's able to control her powers a bit more than when she first came into the past.

 

Kawaii Youkai: Thank you for pointing out the gender flaw.

 

Psycho Demoness: Thank you as well fro pointing out the gender flaw.

 

-Flame

 

_-*~=~*~=~*-_

 

I skipped along the dirt path as we walked toward the village in the distance. Sango said this was the village where the miko Kikyou was keeping the Shikon no Tama, and where there's Kikyou there's Inuyasha. Not that they were mated or anything, no matter how much of a great couple I think they make, Inuyasha protects her from youkai that want to get their grubby little hands, or claws in some cases, on the Shikon no Tama.

I could see the roofs on the houses and began twirling about. I couldn't help it. I was so happy to get back to my family, even if it's only my brother-in-law for a while. I heard Sango laugh and turned to look at her. "What's so funny?"

"You. I've never seen you so happy before."

"I can't help it." I beamed. "I'm so close to finding my mate. I miss him so much." Sango just smiled and continued walking with me. It wasn't long before we entered the small village. I've only been here once before. That was a long time ago when Rin was about eleven years old. Goro was holding a gathering in his lands and Sessh took me to meet his half brother to get away from Saiyako…if only he had thought of that before he left. Oh well, no use in dwelling in the past, it's not like it would have made a difference or anything.

I could see the apprehension on the villagers' faces as they watched Kirara walk down the street. Not that I blame them or anything, heck, I'd be afraid too if I just stepped out of my house and saw us waltzing down the street like elephants on parade or something. I mean, come on, a giant fire neko youkai walking down the street with someone obviously dressed in taijiya gear and another hopping about like a kitsune pup hyped up on coffee and pixy sticks. I'd run back inside and hide under the covers or something. Okay, so maybe I wouldn't hide under the covers, but I'd defiantly hide inside my house. I was surprised when these people didn't.

"Will your brother-in-law recognize you?"

"He'd better. If he doesn't he's not going to be to happy."

"Do I want to know?"

"No, not really." The best thing about Sango is she's been around me long enough to know how determined I get. Like determined enough to burn things down until I get my way. Yeah I know I've been around Sessh too long. What can I say? He's my life, my addiction, my drug.

I smiled when I saw someone walking up the path towards us. One of the villagers must have ran ahead and told the people at the shrine strange people were passing through because Kikyou came walking up with her bow in her hand and a quiver of arrows on her back. What did she think we were? A bunch of evil youkai coming to destroy the town and take the Shikon no Tama? I think not. No sooner after Kikyou came into view her little shadow did as well.

Inuyasha walked behind her with his cute little puppy ears flat against his head and arms stuck inside the sleeves of his red haori. He looked so cute. I could just run up and pinch his cheek, then again Sessh isn't here to protect me and I don't feel quite up to being killed at the moment. I waved at them and smiled wider. "Hey! Kikyou! Inu-chan! Long time no see!"

The two of them stopped and blinked. It was funny I don't think they thought it could have been me dropping by for a visit. Sango and I ran up to them and I gave both of them a hug. "Kagome-sama, what are you doing here?" I sighed at Kikyou's question.

"It's a long story my friend. One that should not be told out in the open like this." She nodded and turned.

"Then you shall tell us inside the shrine."

"Sounds good to me." We started walking towards the temple when I felt Inuyasha's heated gaze on me. I turned my head and gazed right back at him. "What?"

"Did you sent someone to us?"

"Did I…huh?"
"Some monk named Miroku came by and said you sent him."

"Mi-roku…oh! The monk!" I smiled. "Yes, I sent him. Why?" Inuyasha growled.

"You're lucky I didn't kill him." I smirked and turned to Kikyou.

"Did Miroku ask you something?" Kikyou blushed and turned her face from my view. "Heh, I didn't think he'd ask a miko. Wonders never cease."

"You mean you knew he'd ask that?"

"Yes and no." I smiled at Inuyasha. "He asked me, but that was before he knew who I was." Inuyasha snorted.

"Not like it would matter. Everyone thinks you're dead." I paled.

"D-dead…how…" He shrugged.

"Rumor has it Fluffy found your body near Lion Cloud village. It seams the rumors are wrong." He looked at me through the corner of his eyes and I lowered my head.

"A-and where's Sessh now?" I asked as we entered the shrine.

"Can't say. The rumor says he went off wondering with Jaken to clear his head. No one's seen him since. That had to have been what…about two months ago." He found it. He found Chikago's body. How could I have been so stupid? I should have gone back to the west. I could have seeked protection from the other ladies. But no, I had to go and be so anal retentive and go east so I wouldn't get caught. Now Sessh and everyone else thinks I'm dead. Nice going Kagome. "So, what really happened?"

We all sat down around the fire pit, except for Kikyou. She went off to make some tea or something. "After Sessh left I took a walk to Senkako's. She had passed away and Rin was there morning with her family. When I was walking home I was kidnapped and taken to the north. I escaped and headed east because I thought they would be less likely to search for me in the east. That's where I met Sango."

"Who kidnapped you?" I didn't say anything. Could I say anything? If I told Inuyasha would Saiyako find out and try to kill me? Would Sessh find out and try to kill her, starting a war? No, I-I can't do that…

"I can't…"

"I won't tell anyone. I just need to know so I can make sure they don't come after you again." Wow…Inuyasha knows me better than I thought.

"Saiyako."

"What's this about Lady Saiyako?" I looked up and shook my head with a smile as Miroku walked in.

"Nothing that concerns you monk."

"Inuyasha, I feel hurt." He placed a hand over his heart.

"Yeah, yeah. Just sit down and keep your hands to yourself letch."

"I am a monk Inuyasha, you know this."

"That doesn't mean you're not a letch." I chuckled at the two of them.

"I see you listened to my advice, Miroku."

"Yes, and I see you've gotten into trouble without me. Who is you friend though?"

"Sango, Miroku. Miroku, Sango." Miroku moved closer to Sango and held her hands gently in his own. Sango blushed as he looked deep into her eyes.

"Sango, what a beautiful name. Please, I wish for you to bear my children."

"Not in this lifetime, monk." Inuyasha pulled him away from Sango, who was sporting a dark red blush that matched her outfit quite nicely. I laughed and she glared at me.

"It's not funny!"

"Yes it is." I smiled as Kikyou returned and set tea in front of each of us. I took a sip of my tea and sighed. "So…Inu-chan, do you think it would be a problem if I stayed here for a while?"

"What, you don't wanna go home?"

"No…it's not that, I just don't want to be traveling for a while, that's all." Inuyasha's eyes narrowed at me.

"What aren't you telling me?"

"It's not all that important, I mean it's not like traveling will kill me or anything."

"Then what's the problem?"

"She's pregnant." Sango said after taking a sip of tea. I blushed and looked down.

"Is this true, Kagome?" I nodded and heard him sigh.

"Only you would get yourself kidnapped while pregnant."

"I didn't know! Sessh didn't tell me!"

"You should have been able to tell. You women can sorta sense these kinds of things."

"Not where I'm from. People there can hardly control five senses, I'm afraid of what would happen if they had a sixth." Inuyasha shook his head and me and rubbed his temple.

"You're lucky. I mean it, if Fluffy wouldn't kill me if I turned you away, you'd be walking back to your own home."

"Thank you Inu-chan!" I flung my arms around him and hugged him.

"In the mean time, I can help you out when you need it." Kikyou smiled. "And I'm sure Inuyasha wouldn't mind fixing up that old hut on top of the hill near the bone-eaters well with Miroku."

"Wait just a minute!" Inuyasha jumped to his feet and clenched his fist at his side. "I never said nothin' `bout fixing up a hut."

"Inuyasha, it can't be that bad. Kikyou-sama may even reward us for the hard work." Miroku said taking Inuyasha's arm. He started dragging the irritated hanyou out the door as we laughed.

"So, have you thought of any names yet?" Sango asked picking up some of the tea cups.

"I don't really know. Do you have any ideas?" Sango thought for a bit and smiled.

"How about Haruko if it's a boy and Kaida if it's a girl?"

"Or Jiro for a boy and Nishi for a girl." Kikyou added. I picked up two tea cups and followed Sango and Kikyou into the small, primitive kitchen.

"I kind of like Toshi for a boy and Kaori for a girl." They were my mother and grandfather's names.

"Those are good names."

"I just hope Sessh likes them." Kikyou put a hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"I'm sure he'll love them."

"I hope you're right."

"Well…" Sango stretched. "I should be getting back." She walked towards me and gave me a hug. "Don't forget to visit, and I want to meet Sesshoumaru." I nodded and returned her hug.

"Of course." We walked out of the hut and Kirara jumped in Sango's arms. "Goodbye."

"Bye." We smiled at each other and she started walking away. I turned to Kikyou and smiled.

"So it's just you and me, huh?"

"I suppose so." She said as she led me back inside the hut.

"Hey, do you think you could train my miko abilities a bit while I'm here?"

"I don't see why not." I smiled and helped prepare dinner from when the boys got back. I think things are finally starting to look up.