InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Thorn Blades ❯ Shikon No Whata? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha: starts crying: I know, I know it must be some sick and wrong joke!! But it's not. I also do not own any types of car I may use or any other names in my story, but that do not mean I own them. How cruel but oh so very true I don't own any type of song, house, restaurant, club, or any other names that belong to certain companies ect. But the name of the high school Yurinari High and the teacher Mrs.Morenchi is MINE!!! Oh and now those three other kick ass gang member girls names ECT. About them they're mine too! Don't steal them I'd be sad if you did.
 
Ages:
Kagome: 16
Inuyasha: 17
Sango: 16
Miroku: 17
Koga: 17
Ayame: 16
Sesshoumaru: 21
Rin: 20 (does not still go to school she's Sesshy's assistant in gym/training w/e)
Kikyo: 17
Kagura: 16 (A/N: Naraku's sister …)
Kanna: 17 (A/N: Naraku's sister also …)
Naraku: 17
OC: … (I'd have to figure out who they are to give them an age … lol)
 
 
(Okay we are no longer going to see what happens to Kaggsy at least not till later, right now we're dealing with the nurse and Yashi boy ect.)
 
 
The nurse looked up his phone number and dialed it. She waited a minute and then someone picked up.
 
“Who in their right hellish crap-hole of a mind would freaking call me at this ungodly hour!?!”
 
“Ummm, sorry to bother you sir, but would you happen to be Mr. Inuyasha Taisho?” She asked nervously.
 
“Yeah, what of it?” He growled out low in his throat.
 
“Well ummm, sir, I just need to inform you of Miss Kagome Higurashi's condition would that be alright sir?”
 
His head immediately snapped up and she had his full attention, “ What, her condition? Why? What's wrong with her? Tell me!”
 
“Yes, ummm, she has apparently gone into a critical state and the doctor says that he doesn't think she'll make it through the night, and that her chances of living are very low. A 1 in 100 chance is what he said,” his heart began to slow and his breathing turned from normal into ragged. His head pounded as he listened to her continue, “and he cannot permit anyone to visit her now. He told me to contact her boyfriend, you, because he thought you deserved to know, especially since we can`t seem to contact her family at the moment.” He began to growl over the phone louder and louder.
 
Inuyasha's breath quickened as he took in one short intake of breath. He didn't respond to her immediately, which made the nurse start to get nervous.
 
“Sir? Are you all right? Sir?”
 
“Uh, yes … WHY WON'T HE LET ME SEE HER!? ISN'T THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO HELP HER!? ANYTHING!? YOU STUPID FREAKS ALREADY KICKED ME OUT OF THERE, LET ME SEE HER DAMNIT!!!!!”
 
“No, I'm sorry sir, I can`t allow you to see her. All anyone can do is wait and give her space. She is unfortunately on her own, relying on her own strength. `Sounded kinda corny.' she thought.
 
“Alright, … goodnight.” He hung up right after. “Damnit!” He yelled punching his wall, making a hole in it.
 
“What is troubling you little brother that would make you wake this Sesshoumaru up?"
 
“None of your god damned business bastard!”
 
“I am not the bastard here Inuyasha you are, now what is it that troubled you enough to awaken me?”
 
*sigh* “Feh, her name is Kagome. She's in the hospital and apparently won't make it through the night. They won't let me see her.”
 
“Am I to assume she is a child or of your age?”
 
“My grade. First one to really talk to me.”
 
“Am I also to assume you love her?”
 
“I like her! Not love! At least I don't think its love! I don't really, really know her that well. I just like her. Why do you even care!?”
 
“I don't, just wanted to see if you were in love with a nigen.” He said and left the room before Inuyasha could come up with a response.
 
“Bloody bastard…” He mumbled. He walked over to his bed and lay down. “Kagome … please … please don't die on me.” He whispered. He fell out of the realm of awake ness (A/N:??? w/e …) and unconsciously mumbled, “ Mine … My Kagome …”
(A/N: I know I'm going kinda fast relationship Inu/Kag wise but hey … I love that couple!)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~W/Kag again~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
As soon as she grabbed the glowing object she as enveloped in a bright pinkish glow. She looked around to see if she had awakened, but to her dismay she only saw a faint outline of a person. She began to walk towards it and she started to see the outline of a woman.
 
“Hello? Who are you?!”
 
“I am priestess Midoriko. The one trapped within the jewel.”
 
“I've heard of you. My mother used to tell me all sorts of stories about you when I was younger, before she …”
 
“Yes. Do you know why she insisted upon all of your training?”
 
“Because my dad was a gang leader and wanted me to protect myself from him and others.”
 
“That's partly right. You are the new keeper of the jewel. You must protect it. Before your mother died she sealed it within you to protect it, she died protecting the jewel. She had to protect it from your father; he wanted the jewel for himself. Do you know the power of the Shikon No Tama?”
 
“I've heard of it, yes. It can grant your deepest darkest desire and give you the ultimate power. Right?”
 
“Yes, so you must protect it with your life and not let it fall into the wrong hands. Demons will come from all over the world to kill you to get the jewel.”
 
“Why … why me?”
 
Midoriko sighed, a sigh of sympathy, “ because Kagome,” she said placing her hand comfortingly on Kagome's right shoulder, “the Shikon No Tama's burden has been passed down through the Higurashi generations. It goes back to 500 years ago through the Higurashi line down to your grandmother, to your mother, and to you. I will not lie and say they did not die protecting it. They knew about the jewel's power and what it would mean if it fell into evil hands, and so they died honorably protecting mankind. Your mother would have wanted you to take this task on. She said so herself. Do you understand what I'm saying to you Kagome?” She asked with calm understanding eyes.
 
Kagome nodded and responded, “ Yes, yes I understand. I'm sure I can handle this. If not for the world for my mother and my other ancestors that had taken this task as their own.”
 
Midoriko smiled and removed her hand from Kagome's shoulder. “ Kagome … Your are a very powerful miko. You come from a long line of powerful mikos, untainted with the hatred of others who are different. That is one of your, along with your ancestor's, strengths that has helped them in protecting the jewel.”
 
“But Midoriko, didn't all my ancestors including my mother even still end up dying from protecting the jewel?”
 
“Yes sadly, tis true. The same goes for myself. Except I am not really dead, for I am forever raging war against evil within the jewel. I am the very beginning of the long line of mikos who protected the jewel, then goes my daughter, then her daughter, and so on. They all died protecting it. I'm really hoping you'll be different Kagome.”
 
“Well I hope so too. Does my mother go to heaven or get trapped within the jewel as a result of protecting it to help you fight the war?” (A/N: let me just say I'm sorry to those non-religion type people out there, I myself am a Lutheran. So I believe in heaven ECT. So anyways you none believers, no offence, sorry if this makes you uncomfortable or w/e.)
 
“Your mother and the rest of us continue to fight the war within the jewel. So she was sucked into the jewel. Even thought the miko generations get stronger and stronger with each passing protector, and our side continues to multiply, the evil youkai within the jewel also get stronger.”
 
“So what am I supposed to do? Besides protecting the jewel?”
 
“You must purify the jewel of all evil and taint and then make the selfless wish to set us all free.”
 
“ … Pressure …”
 
“Yes it is a big deal to take on, and all before you from your past have failed, you mustn't give up hope for you are so much stronger than them. I do not know what will happen once the jewel's wish has been taken into action but I do know it sets the previous mikos free and makes the jewel dormant. I must go now for I am needed in battle. Fight well Kagome, the world is in your hands.” Midoriko said, then she turned and began to walk away slowly disappearing with every step.
 
The next instant when Kagome blinked her eyes open she started to see a hospital room instead of blackness and one glowing sphere.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
A/N: Okay wow, it's been like forever since I've updated. I felt guilty so I updated …
 
Inu: Are you making me in love with Kagome?!
 
A/N: (dripping sarcasm) No it's just an Inu/Kag fic. So I can get the readers to read my fic.
 
Inu: Oh okay, … Hey Wait A Minute! That's sarcasm!
 
A/N: No dip Sherlock … Review before I kill him …(faces Inu again) sarcasm is a foreign language to you isn't it?
 
Inu: What's foreign mean?
 
 
Review!!!