InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Through With You ❯ Through With You ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Through With You

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha and co. Nor do I own Maroon 5's "Through With You." I'm just borrowing them to keep myself occupied for the next 20 minutes or so.

A/N: This is a reflection told from Inu Yasha's POV. If you're a Kikyo fan, do NOT read this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I was a damn fool.

I realize that now, after many months of thinking that something was there when it wasn't.

Can you see me
Floating above your head
As you lay in bed
Thinking about everything
That you did not do?

I wonder sometimes if she ever loved me. Wait, I know the answer to that question: No, she didn't love me. She couldn't have. If she had, she wouldn't have asked me to use that damned jewel to become human.

Kikyo.

That bitch. It wasn't bad enough that she pinned me to a fucking tree for fifty fucking years. Oh, no. She had to do so much more.

Cause saying "I love you"
Has nothing to do with meaning it

She told me that she loved me, but I finally figured out that her words were a load of bullshit. I mean, who tells you they love you, then tries to drag you to Hell with them, ne? A psycho bitch, that's who.

And I don't trust you,
Cause every time you're here
Your intentions are unclear

When she first came back, I thought that maybe, just maybe, once she understood what really happened, when she discovered that I didn't betray her the way she thought I had, she'd find peace. We'd find peace. But that never happened, oh, no. She claims she wants Naraku to suffer and die, yet she still attacks Kagome and me.

If she tries to hurt Kagome again, I'll really kill her.

I spend every hour waiting for a phone call
That I know will never come.
I used to think you were the one;
Now I'm sick of thinking anything at all

A long time ago, I really thought I loved her. Maybe I did; maybe I didn't.

We were both so very lonely. That's the only reason I can think of for even considering becoming a human for her.

The need for a mutual companionship, but that was all it ever was. Nothing more, nothing less. Misery loves company, after all. At least, that's what I've heard Kagome say. It's one of the proverbs from her time that actually makes a decent amount of sense to me.

Fifty years have come and gone, and now that need that we both shared so long ago is nonexistent. She's dead, and I found someone who cares for me for the person I am. Not only do I have Kagome, but I have a whole group of actual friends now. They're an odd group if I may say so myself, but they're all loyal. The lech, the taiji-ya, the fire cat... hell, even that kitsune brat. All of them have saved my ass at one time or another-- even if I am an asshole most of the time.

You ain't ever coming back to me
That's not how things were supposed to be
You take my hand just to give it back
No other lover has ever done that

I ran into Kikyo today. That's never a good thing these days. When she's not trying to kill me, she's usually trying to kill Kagome. Like I said before, she goes after Kagome one more time, I won't be held responsible for my actions.

She did the whole sordid guilt trip on me again. Asking me who means more to me, her or Kagome. Then, once again, she kissed me. I didn't kiss her back. I NEVER kiss her back. You'd think she'd get the point by now.

I remember when she had this warmth about her. You could see it in her eyes, mixed in with her sadness and loneliness. But not anymore. The only thing left of Kikyo is a cold, dead shell of a once beautiful woman.

Do you remember
The way we used to melt?
Do you remember how it felt
When I touched you?
Oh, cause I remember very well...

She claims my life and heart are rightfully hers for the taking. I don't remember making any kind of promise like that. I swore I'd protect her and avenge her death, yes, but no eternal whatever-she-thinks. Besides, why would I give her my heart, if she won't give me hers? I'm not that big of a moron as to do something as dumb as that.

And how long has it been
Since someone let you in?
Has given what I gave to you?

She still claims to love me, and miss me, and need me. That's a load of bullshit, and we both know it.

And at night when you sleep,
Do you dream I would be there
Just for a minute or two-- do you?

But I get it now. Kikyo is dead. She's been dead, and she should have stayed dead. Sigh... It's all those damn souls she has. The dead ones she takes, and the small piece of Kagome's soul that never returned to her.

You ain't ever coming back to me
That's not how things were supposed to be
You take my hand just to give it back
No other lover has ever done that

I'll have to get that shred of soul back eventually. It will be a hard thing to do, but these things have to be done. But knowing that I don't love Kikyo helps somewhat. I don't want her to die, but the thing about it is... well, she's already dead.

Shit, this is getting complicated...

Heartache, heartache I just have so much
A simple love with a complex touch

But it doesn't matter. I love Kagome now. Kikyo will always hold a place in my memories, but that's all she'll hold. Kagome has my heart and soul.

There is nothing you can say or do
I called to let you know I'm through

In short: I'm done with all this.

Just called to let you know I'm through

Drag some other poor sap to Hell with you Kikyo. Hell, why not take that fucker Naraku and torture his ass for eternity. There's a girl from the future I gotta make a lot of things up to. I'm through with you.

I ain't never coming back to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Owari


.