InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Discussions and Thoughts ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Four- Discussions and Thoughts

Chapter Four- Discussions and Thoughts

Inuyasha yawned loudly as they reached the village. The sun would be setting soon and they all were glad to be back `home.' Kagome was again sleeping on the hanyou's back, and sleep sounded so very appealing to the sleep-deprived hanyou.

He had gotten no sleep last night and very little this morning. Inuyasha blushed at the thought of the sleep he had gotten. He had held Kagome in his arms the entire time.

As soon as they reached Kaede's hut, Inuyasha swung the sleeping miko from his back into his arms and sat down against the nearest wall.

He was asleep in moments.

Kaede watched from afar as the hanyou unconsciously pulled Kagome closer to him in his sleep. She sure had missed a lot of the action!

When everyone had settled themselves inside the hut, Kaede decided to voice her questions. "What exactly happened on your latest shard hunt?"

Sango took it upon herself to explain what had happened in the four days they had been gone from the village. She told Kaede of how Kagome was badly hurt and how Inuyasha had started showing a new protectiveness of the young miko. Sango also told Kaede some of her own questions as to the latest events.

"So Inuyasha finally got some sense in him. I wonder if it is the fact he almost lost Kagome-Chan that he has begun to act differently, or something else?" Kaede wondered aloud.

"What else would it be?" Miroku asked, finally joining in the conversation.

"I don't know," Kaede admitted, "But I sense their countenance has altered."

"Their? As in both of them?" asked Sango.

Shippou decided to speak up about his discovery. "Their scents have changed," he said quietly from Miroku's lap.

"Their scents? How?" asked Kaede.

Shippou sighed and wondered how to explain it. Human noses were so pitiful. "Their scents have begun to merge. I don't really know how to explain it. Its like, instead of the two separate scents I usually get from the two, there is just one scent. Well not exactly." Shippou scratched his head, trying to explain. "The way the scents are merging, there won't be an Inuyasha scent and Kagome scent, there will be an Inuyasha and Kagome scent. The only way someone would be able to tell the two apart would be the feminine scent that Kagome gives off and the masculine scent Inuyasha gives off regardless of what is happening."

"But what could have caused this?" Sango asked.

"I don't know," Shippou admitted. "When youkai mate, usually the mated pairs scents would rub off on one another, but they still have their own scents. That's the only reason a scent would change! And Kagome and Inuyasha don't smell mated, so that can't be the reason."

"Where's Myouga?" Sango said suddenly. "Maybe he knows."

Myouga cowered from his spot in Kirara's fur. He did not want to tell his master's companions just what had happened last night. Inuyasha would not be pleased if anyone discovered just what had happened.

Before he could run away though, Kirara threw her head back and sent him flying into the air. Miroku caught him before he could hit the ground.

"Why thank you Kirara," Miroku said as he tightened his hold on the struggling Myouga.

"Let me go, let me go," Myouga chanted as he tried his best to free himself.

"Tell us what has happened to Kagome and Inuyasha and I will," Miroku replied calmly.

"I can't do that, Inuyasha-sama will kill me!"

"You don't tell us and I will kill you," replied Miroku.

Myouga weighed his options. On one scale he would get killed by Miroku for not telling him, on the other scale, he would get tortured and killed by Inuyasha if he found out. If he found out.

"On one condition," Myouga began.

"Very well," the monk replied.

"You don't tell Inuyasha-sama or Kagome-sama it was me who told you."

"Deal, now explain to us."

Myouga jumped to the floor when Miroku loosened his grip and wondered just how to begin.

"Kagome-sama, she was dying . . ."

"No she's not!" exclaimed Shippou nervously.

"I said she was, not is," Myouga explained calmly.

"She was dying, and Inuyasha-sama didn't want her to. So, he saved her." Myouga didn't want to go into anymore detail, and hoped he wouldn't be asked any life-threatening questions.

"How did he save her?" Kaede was the first to ask.

I'm as good as dead now, thought Myouga gloomily. "By The Sharing of Blood," he replied quietly.

"The Sharing of what?" exclaimed Miroku worriedly.

"Of Blood," Myouga repeated.

"You've heard of it Houshi-sama?" asked Sango.

Miroku nodded and sat back in complete awe. "During my studies I came across a very old youkai incantation. It was called The Sharing of Blood. It's a very, very old spell, only performed by the most powerful of demons. That Inuyasha could actually succeed in completing it is beyond me! Does he know the consequences of such a spell?"

"Not really," replied Myouga.

"And what about Kagome-sama? Will she be able to deal with the consequences?"

"To that I truly do not know. I assume Inuyasha told her what he knew about the spell, but I wasn't there for the actually spell."

"Why were you not there?"

Myouga sighed deeply. He did not like the direction this conversation had taken. He was so dead. "Lord Inuyasha demanded I say behind while he performed the spell."

"And you were able to explain the entire spell to him before he took off with Kagome?"

"No, Lord Inuyasha already knew how to perform the spell. Or at least that is what I have assumed, since it was successful. We talked of nothing more than the consequences."

"What will happen now?" asked Shippou, looking up at Miroku.

"I have no idea."

^_^

Kagome was really beginning to enjoy the whole injured thing. Inuyasha had not let go of her once! Yep, she was living the good life. Now, if only she could convince Inuyasha to take her home.

Her wounds barely even hurt anymore. She was certain that she was healing much faster than other humans would. It must be from The Sharing of Blood thingy, she thought joyfully. She was really enjoying this!

At the moment Kagome was sitting beside Inuyasha at the bottom of the God Tree. She was trying to study her math book, but was finding it alarmingly difficult with Inuyasha so close.

Not that she minded. Not at all.

Inuyasha was also enjoying his time with Kagome. They had never gone this long without fighting before! Though he did miss the faces she would make when she was upset. She was just too cute when she was angry.

"Hey, Inuyasha?" Kagome said quietly.

"What?"

"Will you take me back to my time? Pleeease?"

Inuyasha looked down to see Kagome looking at him with pleading eyes. He closed his eyes so the `puppy' look wouldn't affect him, but it was just too much!

"Feh, fine woman. But only for a while."

Kagome would have jumped up and down in total glee, but her legs still weren't working as they should. "And you'll stay?" she asked hopefully.

Inuyasha sighed in total defeat and nodded his head. "Yeah I'll stay."

"All Right!" Kagome clapped her hands together in happiness. "I think I like this new All-Caring Inuyasha!"

"Feh. Its only because you're still injured, bitch!"

"Whatever," Kagome said nonchalantly. She had learned to ignore him whenever he turned down a compliment.

"Do you want to go now?" Inuyasha asked gruffly.

"Sure. If we leave now we can come back before sunset. Besides, its not like we have anything planned for the rest of the day. Mama should be making lunch now. It would be nice to have something other than Ramen to eat."

"I knew you were stupid, but not that stupid," muttered Inuyasha at the comment of Ramen.

"Not everyone loves Ramen as much as you do, dog-boy."

"Feh."

^_~

Souta had been sitting by the window, waiting for his mom to finish making lunch when he heard Kagome in the kitchen.

Hopeing that she had brought his hero, Inuyasha, with her, he raced in to see his big sister. He hadn't really expected the inuhanyou to be there, since he rarely, if ever came back with Kagome when she had been gone a long time.

Imagine his surprise when Inuyasha was not only there, but sitting down and consuming everything his mother put down in front of him. Kagome was sitting beside him, eating lunch as well, but with many, many more manners.

"Inuyasha-niichan! I'm so glad you're here!" exclaimed Souta as he came to stand by Inuyasha's side.

"You are?" he replied, his mouth still full of food. After a glare from Kagome, though, he quickly swallowed his food.

"Of course. I just got a new video game. Will you come play with me when you're done eating? Please niichan?" Souta begged.

"Uh . . ."

"Of course he will," said Kagome, keeping her eyes on her food. "Inuyasha would be happy to come and play with you Souta."

"I will?"

"Yes, you will," said Kagome very firmly.

With one last glare from the young miko, Inuyasha nodded. "Yes, I would be happy to come and play with you," he mimicked.

"All right! I'll go set up the game. Hurry up and finish eating," Souta yelled out the door as he raced to his room.

Ms. Higurashi had been watching with ever growing fascination. Since when had Inuyasha been so . . . so nice? She knew the inuhanyou was a big time softy at heart, but for him to be so openly nice without any of his usual gruffness, well that was just plain weird. Something must have happened in the past between Kagome and Inuyasha, that much Ms. Higurashi was sure of. Those two weren't even arguing. That was also strange.

Now just how was she going to extract the wanted information from her daughter? Mmm, should she go for mothering understanding, or just watch her reactions to voiced scenarios. Decisions, Decisions.

"Inuyasha, dear," Ms. Higurashi began, "You can go play with Souta now. I'll call you down when the cookies are done, okay?"

With one last glance at Kagome, Inuyasha nodded and followed Souta up the stairs to play video games. This was her chance. First step, subtlety. "So Kagome dear, are you feeling better? From the way you describe it, that was quite a battle you had there. Shouldn't you be lying down?"

Kagome finished sipping her water and tried to think of a way of telling her mother enough to satisfy her curiosity. "I'm feeling just fine, Mama. My friends and Inuyasha have been taking very good care of me."

"Your friends and Inuyasha?" Ms. Higurashi said slyly.

Kagome blushed as events from previous days flashed in her head. She had always told her mother everything, so why should this be so different? Kagome shook her head and tried again. "It takes quite a lot of energy to move a group the size of ours, and so while the others fixed camp and the like, Inuyasha made sure I was okay."

Ms. Higurashi sighed and decided to change her tactics. No need to be around the bush. "What happened between you and Inuyasha? Spill now."

Kagome blushed again, but nodded at her mother's tone. "I was dying. The eagle youkai, it had given me wounds that were too serious to be treated."

She paused for a moment and took another sip of water. Why was this so difficult? "Inuyasha, he said he could save me if I let him, and so I did. He saved me from death."

Ms. Higurashi could see how difficult it was for her daughter to talk about what had happened, and she didn't think that it was the almost dying part that was getting to her. Ms. Higurashi was slightly panicked to hear Kagome had been in such a state, and her heart stopped for a moment, but there was still more to hear, more to discover. "How did he save you?"

"I don't know, mama. But I don't believe it matters."

"It doesn't matter?"

"No."

She nodded her head at her daughter's decision on the matter. It was at that moment that Ms. Higurashi realized something very important. Kagome had grown up, and she wasn't a little girl anymore.

Sighing, she cleaned away the dishes as Kagome went upstairs to save Inuyasha from Souta. Pausing for a moment, Ms. Higurashi looked up at the sky and whispered a silent prayer. Kami protect her.