InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Bind a Soul ❯ Expelled ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Okay here's the next chapter. It might be a couple of days until 24 is out so bear with me. Laters~

Chapter 23- Expelled

Inuyasha and Kagome arrived at their school just as class was letting out for lunch. "I can't believe we were at Souta's school for so long," Kagome commented as they walked towards their spot under the tree.

"I can," replied Inuyasha.

"The children adore you," Kagome said, smiling. She had seen more than a few little girls looking at Inuyasha with big love-struck eyes.

Inuyasha snorted and took out his lunch. After being through hell, he had quite the appetite. "I'll be happy we the day, and night," thinking of the new moon, "is over."

Kagome giggled and took out her own lunch. They ate in companionable silence until they were, once again, interrupted by Kagome's friends. "Kagome-Chan," said Yuka as soon as she approached the couple. "We heard what happened to Hojo-kun."

Inuyasha growled at the mention of the human boy's name but didn't say anything.

"What exactly did you hear?" asked Kagome.

"Hojo-kun said that he was trying to talk to you and Inuyasha-kun attempted to strangle him. Then Inuyasha-kun took you away before you could say anything," replied Eri, highly doubting it. But she added "I saw the bruises on Hojo-kun's neck. But I don't quite believe his story. Why don't you tell us what happened Kagome-Chan."

Kagome sighed. "Inuyasha and I were on our way home when Hojo stopped us."

Yuka raised an eyebrow when Kagome didn't use an honorific. "You must understand," Kagome explained before she continued. "Inuyasha is very protective of me. When Hojo tried to take my hand, well, you get the picture."

Kagome stopped and waited for the explosion of questions. But when they didn't come, the young miko got worried. "Ah, guys?"

"It's okay," Eri patted Kagome's shoulder. "I'm sure Inuyasha-kun didn't mean to hurt Hojo-kun."

Kagome heard Inuyasha snort and she hand to cover her mouth to hid a smile. "Just watch out today," Ayame warned them. "Everyone is well . . ." she trailed off.

But it explained enough for Kagome. "Oh, boy," said the miko, dropping her head into her hands.

Her friends gave her a reassuring smile before waving good-bye. "What did they mean?" Inuyasha asked as soon as they had gone.

"Don't worry about it," Kagome smiled. "I'm sure whatever it is we can handle it."

Inuyasha raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything more.

The bell rang, signaling the start of classes. Inuyasha helped Kagome stand and then together, walked to the school building. Inuyasha and Kagome paused at Kagome's locker. The hanyou nudged Kagome aside before she could touch the dial and opened the locker for her.

As Kagome put her books away, two large boys approached Inuyasha. Kagome paused to look at the new comers. What she saw did not reassure her. So this is what Ayame meant.

"What do you want?" Inuyasha asked, never one for subtly.

"Not much," the taller boy replied. "A huge house, good grades and your blood on the ground. We saw what you did to Hojo. We need him to beat the other highschools."

Inuyasha laughed at the pair. "You think you can take me on?"

"Why not? You're nothing more than a white hair, golden eye freak!" the boy said, getting into Inuyasha face.

Inuyasha raised his fist to the boy but Kagome stopped him. "We don't want any trouble," she said very calmly, locking her fingers with Inuyasha's so that he wouldn't try to attack anybody.

Both of the boys snorted. "People like him need to be taught there place."

"People like him?" Kagome repeated, growling each word.

"Freaks of nature," the taller boy told her calmly.

The next minute the boy was on the ground, his head creating a dent in the locker behind him.

All eyes turned to the human boy's attacker.

Kagome.

"Nobody speaks to Inuyasha that way. Nobody," Kagome said in a very quiet and deadly voice.

Inuyasha looked down at the young miko in surprise. She wasn't the violent type. It was strange to see her hurting anyone. She defended me, Inuyasha told himself, amazed.

The boy slowly stood up. "What the hell are you?" he shouted at Kagome.

A crowd had formed around Kagome, Inuyasha and the two boys. Kagome quickly closed her mouth to hide her fangs. The human she had hit had two very swallow slash marks running vertical along his cheek. The clean scratches were soon dirtied with blood.

Kagome backed up into Inuyasha; surprised at herself when she snapped out of whatever daze she had been in. Inuyasha placed a protective arm around her waist.

"What is going on here?" a teacher interrupted, plowing through the crowd to reach the center.

"Those two freaks attacked us," yelled the human boy, pointing fingers at Kagome and Inuyasha.

"We didn't start it," Inuyasha replied calmly.

"I think you two should come with me," the teacher said, speaking to Kagome and Inuyasha.

Eri and Yuka poked their heads through the crowd to see what was going on. "Uh oh," Eri said.

"Kagome-Chan," Yuka called after her friend. "Don't worry. If you get expelled I'll get your stuff from your locker."

Eri stared at Yuka for a minute.

"What?" asked Yuka defensively.

Kagome smiled back at her friends. Well, at least she wouldn't have to go to science class.

^_^

"So what you are saying is that those two boys threatened to hurt you, so you attacked them first?" the principal asked Kagome, raising an eyebrow.

"No, not exactly," Kagome replied. She knew there was no way in all the seven hells that she was going to get out of this mess.

Inuyasha sat quietly next to Kagome. "And what's your side of the story?" the principal asked him.

"Those jerks got what they deserved."

"That's not a very nice thing to say," the principal replied.

"Well I'm just not a very nice person," Inuyasha said, using the same tone of voice.

"You give me no choice. You're both expelled."

^_^

"Are you humming?" Kagome asked Inuyasha as they walked back to the shrine.

"You are, aren't you?" the miko said before Inuyasha could reply. "Goddammit it's not funny," she shouted at him when Inuyasha's frame shook with laughter.

"Calm down Kagome," Inuyasha replied, putting an arm around her waist and drawing her closer to him.

Kagome sighed and rested her head on his shoulder. "I'm just a little upset," she explained.

"I know. If it helps, I don't think you're mom will be very upset."

The miko giggled at the thought of her mother. No, her mother wouldn't be upset at all. Ms. Higurashi would probably think she would be getting those grandchildren sooner than later. Kagome blushed when her thoughts ran along those lines.

Inuyasha opened the kitchen door for Kagome and followed her into the house. "Back so soon?" asked Ms. Higurashi as she walked into the kitchen.

"We got expelled," Inuyasha said happily.

Ms. Higurashi smiled at her daughter. "Don't worry dear, I'm sure everything will turn out all right."

Kagome gave her mother a pitiful smile. "Yeah, I know, I'm just a little, well in shock I suppose. I use to be such a good student."

"Whatever," replied Inuyasha, walking past her and heading for the TV room.

Kagome growled and headed for her room. She'd get even.

^_^

"Time to wake up!" Kagome said cheerfully as she dumped a cup of water onto Inuyasha's head.

It was 4:30am. Inuyasha was still in human form, and Kagome was getting her revenge.

Inuyasha was up in a second. "What the hell was that for?" he asked, raising his voice.

"Shush, be quiet. You don't want to wake everyone else up, do you? I just thought I'd wake you up so you could take a shower," Kagome said happily. She was enjoying this way too much. "I already had mine. By bag is all packed and I'm ready to go. Breakfast is already on the table. If you weren't so lazy we would already be going through the well. Would you hurry up, I would like to meet this ancient youkai some time this year."

Inuyasha stared at her. What did he do again?

"I'm ready when you are Inuyasha," Kagome said and left the room, leaving one wet hanyou turned human.

"This woman is going to be the death of me," Inuyasha said as he made his way towards the bathroom.