InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ You Seem Familiar ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey again! Chapter Two is up! Yay! So, read!

Disclaimer: As said in Chapter One, I do not own Inu Yasha.

*Chapter Two: You Seem Familiar*

"How many times do I have to tell you!? I'm not going to that school! I told you, I wasn't planning on going to high school anyway." I folded my arms angrily. Grandpa Myoga is always bugging me about my education. Otherwise he's ranting on about my safety, my health, my emotions. Damn, I'm fine as it is! I don't need an old man lecturing me every waking moment.

Grandpa looked up at me. He's pretty short, and I'm pretty tall. He said wearily, "Inu Yasha. Please, your father would have wanted you in school. Look at your older brother Sesshomaru. He's gone to college with a full scholarship! His life will be filled with so many opportunities!" I sighed, "Feh. I'd rather not have you call him my brother. He's my half-brother, got it? And besides, even if my father wanted me in school, I don't want it. It's my life. He went and lost his life! I'm still alive. So, I'll do what I want with my life!"

Myoga shook his head, "You don't understand Inu Yasha. I won't always be there to give you advice, or help you when you need it. Knowledge is a very powerful thing. It got me quite a reputation in the country." I rolled up my sleeve and flexed my arm so my perfectly toned muscles would bulge, "This is powerful too. Can't I make a living doing something not so productive? I could run a kendo dojo (a school where they teach the way of the sword) and teach little snot nosed brats to be more like me. Then again, no. Kids bug me." Grandpa smiled, "It is quite difficult to find a job like that. We are in the year 2004. Who uses a sword nowadays? So, i suggest that you go to school and start a real career." I sneered at him. He knows how much I hate going to school. No matter where I go, it's always a hellhole. Everybody rejects me. I never really had any real friends, "Fine, I'll go to that damn school. But now way in hell am I going to wear that dumb uniform." Grandpa nodded, "Okay, I can't do anything about your apparel."

I started walking to school. Even before I get to the damn school people are giving me weird looks. It's not my fault that my hair is so light and never stops growing. I've tried cutting it a lot, but I gave up a long time ago because it seemed like every time I cut it, it would be long again by the next week. And hair dye just ruins hair. Believe it or not, I like it natural. It's just weird because Sesshomaru has almost the same hair as me, but when he was in high school, all the girls fell for him, and the guys wanted to be just like him. Guess I'm just unfortunate.

I walked into the school and looked around. Somehow, as usual, everybody seemed to freeze. They all stared at me for a little bit. Then, they ignored me. Same thing at a new school. I, personally, don't like people. I much prefer animals. Humans can be very cruel. If there is just a tiny flaw about a person, they turn their back on them. Now animals, dogs for instance, don't give a damn about how you look or act. They are just always happy to see you. Why can't people be more like that?

The office was pretty hard to find. I went in and the secretary came up to me, "May I help you?" I shrugged, "I guess. I'm new here. And I have no idea where to go from here." The secretary nodded, "Yes, we got your records yesterday. Inu Yasha, correct?" "Yeah." She smiled, "Follow me."

We walked around the school for a few minutes. She was talking, pointing here and there. I just followed. I didn't really care about listening. I was thinking. Maybe I could try to change myself. Maybe a little attitude adjustment would make people like me. Nah, that's only what Myoga said. Then I stopped. I almost ran into the secretary when she turned around and said, "Here's your first period class. Math."

The secretary knocked on the door. A moment later the teacher came out. She was pretty old, I could tell. But she was different. She had an eye patch. She looked at me, "Who might this be?" I said, "Inu Yasha." The lady smiled warmly, "Welcome to our school Inu Yasha. I am Mrs.Kaede. Please come in and get yourself settled." The secretary left. I went in the room. Everybody was talking until I came in. After a moment of silence I could see a small group of girls huddle together in whispers, glancing at me. And the guys would snicker amongst themselves. Same thing, new school.

Mrs.Kaede raised one hand towards the class, "Silence please!" Immediately, the whole class moved back to their own seats and quieted. Mrs.Kaede held her hand out to me as if I was a product on a commercial, "We have a new student today. His name is Inu Yasha. I hope you will all welcome him to our school." Then she squinted around the room with her one good eye, "Ah! Inu Yasha, you can sit next to Kagome. Kagome, raise your hand so Inu Yasha will know where to sit." A bunch of the guys had looks of disappointment all over their faces. Why? Then I saw it. A girl with long black hair looked up surprised. Then she raised her hand. She was beautiful.

I walked over to her desk, and then I sat at mine. She looked at me and smiled sadly. Why did she seem so sad? I smiled back. What else? I put my books in the desk and leaned back in my chair. If school would suck, I might as well try to be comfortable. Some of the guys on the other side of the room glared at me. I smirked. I got to sit next to the pretty chick.

Mrs.Kaede kept teaching. It was in the middle of November, so I decided to pay attention and see if I didn't learn this already. Too bad for me, because I did. It was some basic algebra. Been there, done that. So I let my mind wander again. Then I looked over next to me. That girl, Kagome. She looked pretty. It didn't look like she was paying attention either. Then I saw her turn to look at me. She started to blush. Oh God, why do girls blush every time they look at a guy? It's really annoying. She turned away and pretended to pay attention to the lesson. But she wasn't, I knew. I often pretended as well.

Then the bell rang. I got up and took my books and looked at my schedule. But schedules are hard to read. I put my books down again and continued to stare at the paper. Then somebody tapped my shoulder. It was Kagome. She smiled, "Do you need some help?" I nodded, "Yeah." She took my schedule and looked over it, "Hey, we have the same schedule! You can hang out with me!" I raised my eyebrows, "Is that okay with you? Could I follow you to class? Just for today I mean." She smiled, "Yeah sure. It's always hard to be new in school."

We left the class and walked next to each other down the hallway. Again, the guys tried to give me threatening looks. But nobody could scare me. I was older and bigger than all of them. Apparently, I was left back because last year I skipped too much and failed a few classes. Then Kagome asked, "Where do you live? Do you live close to the school?" I looked at her, "Uh, yeah. I live next to this shrine." Kagome blushed again, "I live in that shrine." I looked away from her. Why the blushing!? It's very distracting. I just said, "Cool."

Our next class was Science. Biology to be exact. But seriously, what kind of teacher starts frog dissection so early in the school year? It was Mr.Totosai. He reminded me of my Grandpa. He was elderly like him. The same big eyes too. Actually, a lot of old guys have big eyes. Oh God, I hope I don't get eyes like that!

Kagome stood next to a lab table. I walked over to her, "Do you have a lab partner?" She smiled, "Not yet. You want to be my lab partner?" I nodded, "Yeah. I don't know anybody else." We sat down next to each other again. Mr.Totosai walked out of the science storage room holding a large bucket. He called on one of the students to hand out dissection trays to every pair of students. Then he walked around the classroom, leaving a dead frog on every tray. As soon as our frog landed on the tray, Kagome winced. I laughed, "You scared?" She swallowed, "Yes. I don't like frogs." Mr.Totosai said, "You may begin the dissection. Just follow the instructions on the board."

I picked up the knife and began to cut open the frog. I won't get into much detail on it. It was interesting, but still. Cutting things open is pretty gross. But educational! When I finished slicing, I started to draw a diagram on it. I looked over at Kagome. She had her head down and her eyes shut tight. Being the tease I am, I picked up the frog and held it to her face, "Kagome, look!" Her eyes shot open and she shrieked. I threw the frog back on the tree before anybody saw what I did. A few students jumped in surprise and a few frog guts were splattered in the floor. Mr.Totosai ran over to us, "My goodness! What happened Kagome!?" She was still cowering in a corner so I said, "Oh nothing. But I think she saw a rat run into that little crack there." I pointed to a small hole in the wall near the floor. A few other girls shrieked, "NO WAY!" And the guys laughed.

After the commotion was settled the bell rang again. I cleaned up the mess of frog that was left and Kagome picked up her books. She yelled at me, "What was that for!?" I smirked, "You weren't getting any work done. You don't want your grades to drop. You'll flunk and get left back." Kagome sighed, "I know, I was already left back this year." Wow. She was really young, it looked like she was the same age as the rest of the sophomores. I smiled, "Hey, don't worry about it. Lots of people get left back. I did." She looked up at me, "Really? I didn't know that." I said, "Well, duh! I just moved here!" She smiled and shook her head, "You know, you are really annoying. Anyway, it's time for lunch. C'mon."

We got our lunch and Kagome led me to a table. It was a small table, and nobody else was sitting there. She frowned, "Sorry. Nobody sits with me, so I don't know if you'll meet more people." I shook my head, "It's okay. Nobody wants to meet me anyway." She looked up at me in shock, "Don't say that! I want to be your friend!" She immediately started blushing and she looked down at her lap. I smiled sadly, "You mean that?" She looked up at me, "Y-yeah. You're nice and all. And all of my other friends ditched me because I got left back." She stared at me. I looked into her eyes. She looked so sad. Something happened to her. Something bad. But what. I smiled at her, "Thanks. I never had any friends before. Everybody thinks I'm anti-social, even if they never talked to me before. It really sucks having nobody to talk to except your annoying grandpa." She laughed, "Yeah, I know what you mean. My grandpa is always talking about these silly legends. Almost all of them aren't true. One of them was though..." She got quiet. After a minute she asked, "You want to go outside?"

So we went outside. We talked for a while about school and stuff and how we flunked. Then some little squirt and a bunch of his little buddies comes up to me, "Why are you hanging out with Kagome, punk!?" Kagome stood up and shouted at the boy, "Who are you to tell me who can hang out with me!? I'm a year older than you, I have no idea where you got the idea that I'd hang out with you!" I started to laugh. Kagome stared at me, "What's so funny!?" The boys were looking at me too, like I was crazy. Maybe I am. I said, "Kagome, you want me to take care of them for you?" Kagome closed her eyes, "You idiot. I'm sorry, but you should pick on people your own size." Damn. That was kinda harsh.

Then the 'leader' of the little gang yelled, "I can take him on! He's not so tough!" That was it. They asked for it. They wanted to see how strong I am, they'll see. So, I got up. They started to cower. I was at least two feet taller than all of them. Kagome grabbed my arm, "Stop it! Don't start a fight on your first day!" I smirked, "Don't worry. I won't start a fight. I'm just giving these children here a reason not to start with me." She backed away nervously. She didn't trust me. Well, I didn't expect her to. We only knew each for less than a day anyway. I walked up to the little twirps and took off my jacket so I only had my T-shirt on, "Do you really think you could fare against this?" I flexed my left arm, and it swelled from all of the training I've put it through. The little guys yelped and stepped back. Then I relaxed my left arm and flexed my right arm, 'Or this!?" Then the 'leader' backed off, "C'mon you guys. We got better things to do." Then they left. I put my jacket back on when I noticed Kagome staring at me. She said, "Wow. You're really... bulky. Hehe... Just like somebody I used to know." I smiled, "Those twirps are so full of themselves."

Later on, after school, Kagome let me walk her home. The shrine she lives at is just next to my house anyway. It's really nice and big on the outside. Well, it is a shrine. I got home and threw my bag on the floor. Grandpa Myoga came, "How was your first day at your new school. I grinned, "Better than I expected." Grandpa smiled, "Oh. Did you, by any chance, meet somebody?" I turned my back to him. I'll admit it, I was bashful, "Maybe." I laughed and walked up to my room. Better rest up to go to school tomorrow!

*End Chapter Two*



InvincibleInuYasha: Yea! Chapter Two! Isn't it cute! Yeah, I don't think I made Inu Yasha exactly the way he's seen in the show. He's kinda soft until the end. But whatever. More chapters up ahead! Keep checking! Ja ne!