InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ To Remember You ❯ I Thought You Were Dead ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Hey. Guess what. I'm having trouble typing in my username again. Look, you try typing InvincibleInuYasha with no spelling errors in half a second! Oh well, nvr mind. Anyway, before I get caught up talking, I'd better write more.

Dedications: Hmmm... lemme think... how about Peter: Even though I know you're not going to read this anytime soon, I want to dedicate this chapter to you because you're helping me a lot with my other stories at home and you're the best big brother in the world!

Disclaimer: Me: Hey Inu Yasha, sorry to say it, but you don't belong to me.... YET!
Inu Yasha: Do you want me to be yours?
Me: You're lying. I can tell.
Inu Yasha: Yep!
Me: You're so mean. But you know what, I'm not gonna say the 'S' word! So you won't be eating dirt! Let's see,
Kagome 'S' word's you all the time, and Kikyo wants to drag you down to hell! Oh yea, and Jakotsu's gay. Now who are you going to pick! *Points to self*
Inu Yasha: *Raises eyebrow in amusement* *Points at me laughing* Look at the funny monkey!


*Chapter Thirteen: I Thought You Were Dead*

How can this be!? I thought Inu Yasha was killed by Naraku last year! I leapt down the well and kneeled next to Inu Yasha. His body was literally torn everywhere. His face was scratched and bruised, his hair was matted with his own blood. He was unconscious. A small puddle of his blood was forming underneath him. I called to the other Inu Yasha. He came down, "Is this... Inu Yasha?" I bit my lip, "I don't know! He... I thought he was killed!" I felt the injured hanyou's forehead. He was burning with fever, "Inu Yasha, please, bring him back to the house, and tell Sota to help you clean him up. I have to help him." Inu Yasha nodded and picked up the broken body that looked exactly like him, leaping out of the well. I heard Souta cry out and then I heard them both running inside. I climbed out of the well and followed.

I ran into the other bathroom and grabbed the first-aid kit. All the while I was thinking. It's impossible. He had never come back before. And now that Naraku had the whole jewel, I was sure that everyone and everything had been destroyed. But here he is! I waited in my room for another fifteen minutes when Inu Yasha and Souta came through the doorway with the possibly Inu Yasha wearing a pair of Souta's larger shorts and, surprisingly, the rosary necklace I never removed. They lay him on my bed and I examined him. The wounds were deep, some going through his whole body. His ear was nicked, and his right leg and both arms were definitely broken. Then there were the gashes all over his body. I told Souta, "Get me a bunch of wash cloths and warm water." Souta nodded and ran out of the room to fetch the needed supplies. Inu Yasha asked, "Is there anything I can do? Should I call an ambulance?" I shook my head, "He will heal by himself. Remember when Naraku came and stabbed you. Your wound healed completely by the next morning. It's the same with him. It'll just take a little bit longer." Inu Yasha nodded and watched as I began to stick band-aids all over his face. Souta came back and I took a washcloth and dipped it in the water. I began to sanitize the biggest wound that was still bleeding profusely, but then Inu Yasha shook violently. The other inu Yasha and Souta held him down. I continued to clean, gauze, and wrap all of his wounds. Then I made a type of splint and wrapped it around his leg and arms. I took the only clean washcloth left and ran it under cold water before I put it over Inu Yasha's forehead. I can't let the fever get any worse.

I sat back down on the floor and started to tremble. Tears were running down my face. How could this have happened to Inu Yasha when he was supposed to be dead? Inu Yasha wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "It'll be okay. As long as he's not bleeding anymore, he'll be okay." I nodded. A few minutes later, we had all calmed down. Souta asked cautiously, "Kagome, I thought you said he was killed. How could he just show up like this? And without any jewel shards either." I shook my head, I have no idea. I'm still trying to figure that out." Inu Yasha said, "Maybe we won't be able to find out until he wakes up. Then he'll tell us." I stuck with that. He'll tell us later, so we shouldn't think about it.

For the next few days, the injured Inu Yasha had my bed. I slept in my mom's room with her. I didn't want to go to school the next day though. I wanted to take care of Inu Yasha, I wanted to be there when he woke up. But mom and Inu Yasha insisted that I go. Inu Yasha promised that he'd run to my school to pick me up if anything happened. Nothing did. I had to sit through school, not paying attention to anything, thinking only of Inu Yasha. How would Inu Yasha react when he woke up to see this ma who looks just like him? Oh god, I hope he doesn't think I'm trying to replace him. I never wanted to, I mean, I thought he was dead, and then I met this new Inu Yasha. I hope he doesn't hate. Please, God, don't let him hate me.

I got back home and ran up to my room to check up on Inu Yasha. He was still unconscious, but his fever had gone down slightly. Inu Yasha asked me, "Are you sure he shouldn't go to the hospital or something?" I insisted, "No. He's getting better already." I plastered a smile on my face and tried to make it stick for the rest of the day. I really was feeling better though, since Inu Yasha was.I asked Inu Yasha, is there another name that I could call you for the time that Inu Yasha's here. I know that he has no other name." Inu Yasha said, "I have a middle name. So I guess you can just call me Tatsuya." I smiled, "Tatsuya." So I got used to calling him that for the whole day. Later on, Souta kept on asking me constantly about when he would wake up. I expected him to wake up in about a day or two. But it would be a few more weeks until he was completely recovered. I couldn't wait!

I was right. two days later Tatsuya burst into my classroom, wearing his hat of course. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "He's awake!" The teacher yelled, "Inu Yasha, didn't you drop out!? You can't just take Kagome out of class like that!" Tatsuya said, "It's really important! She can listen to another one of your lectures later, but for now, she has to go home." He dragged me out of the room before the teacher could protest again. Once we were outside, Tatsuya helped me up onto his back and began running. I asked, "Is he really okay? What did he say?" Tatsuya grinned and looked back at me, "First he asked where he was but then I guess he recognized your room so he asked for you." "Did he see you?" "No, your mom talked to him so she told me to come pick you up." His grin slowly faded away, "She's supposed to be explaining the situation to him now." Sure enough, when we were opening the front door, I heard an all too familiar, "WHAT!?" from my bedroom window.

I ran upstairs and slammed open my bedroom door, "Inu Yasha!" Inu Yasha stopped screeching at my mom and stared at me, "Kagome..." I ran up to him and smiled, tears streaming down my face, "I thought you were dead. I was so upset for so long." Inu Yasha smirked, "I die hard." He winced as he tried to lift his arms, "I want to hug you right now. But I can't." I leaned down and hugged him, and I kissed him on the cheek. Inu Yasha seemed happy, but then Tatsuya came in. Inu Yasha stiffened and asked menacingly, "Who is he?" Tatsuya gulped, "I'm Inu Yasha. But you can call me Tatsuya." Inu Yasha snarled, "What the hell are you!? Why do you look just like me!?" Tatsuya said, "I'm your reincarnation." Inu Yasha gasped, "W-what? How? If I didn't die then, how could it happen?" I started talking again, "Inu Yasha, It's probably because he was reincarnated into the future, and he's never been to the Sengoku Jidai. In a sense, since you live over five hundred years in the past, then that means that everyone and everything from that time would be history from this time. It's difficult to explain." Inu Yasha grunted angrily, "Anyway, I don't care if he's my reincarnation. Why is his scent on you?" He yelled at Tatsuya, "What have you done to her!?" I said, "Please down Inu Yasha! He just brought me back home from school so I could see you! We didn't do anything!" Inu Yasha was fuming. If he wasn't in his injured state, I'm sure he would have gotten up and slashed Tatsuya to bits. He turned his head away from me, "I'm tired. I want to sleep." I sighed and left the room, Tatsuya and mom following.

Tatsuya sighed, "So, what's going to happen now?" I shook my head, "I have no idea. I just want Inu Yasha to get better. He can't go back to the Sengoku Jidai though, since he'd probably be the only person alive besides Naraku. I don't know what to do anymore." I sat against the wall with my head in my knees. Tatsuya said, "I just hope things turn out alright." He sat down next to me, "If I have to, I'll leave. It's okay-" I interrupted him, "No! You don't have to go! Just because Inu Yasha's here doesn't mean you have to go. It's my house anyway, he can't make you leave." Tatsuya just sighed. This was getting onto everybody.

Souta came home from school, ecstatic about the news of Inu Yasha. But we had make him be quiet since Inu Yasha was sleeping. I checked on Inu Yasha a few hours later. He was sitting up and staring out the window. He looked at me, "Hey Kagome." I asked, "Are you okay? Do you want me to get you anything? I have some ramen downstairs." His ears perked up at the 'R' word, "Can I have some ramen?" I said, "On one condition." He asked suspiciously, "What?" I stared into his eyes, "Promise me you won't try to hurt anybody while you're here. That means Tatsuya." Inu Yasha scoffed, "Why? I don't know who he is, he practically stole my identity, and I have no idea if he has any plots on destroying me! For all I know, he could be some kind of murderous guy who only thirsts for blood." I said, "You can't trust him? Have you noticed that I'm still alive after hanging out with him for almost a year? And besides, I'm pretty sure you don't smell any blood on him." Inu Yasha growled angrily, "Fine. I promise I won't hurt anybody, especially that Tatsuya guy. Unless he tries to hurt me, deal?" I nodded, "Deal. I don't think he'd want to hurt you anyway. I think he just might want to ask you some questions later. Who knows, maybe you'll get along just fine." Inu Yasha said, "Feh. Go get me my ramen wench." I rolled my eyes and made my way downstairs.

Tatsuya looked up at the stove in interest when he smelled the ramen cooking, "Can I have some?" I laughed, "Yep. I'm glad I decided to make some for both of you, since you both have the same undying love for ramen." Tatsuya chuckled, "What a coincidence." I served a large bowl of ramen for Tatsuya in the kitchen before I went back upstairs with the other portion. Inu Yasha licked his lips at the sight of the steaming bowl of noodles. He carefully used his arms to lift the bowl to his face and slurp everything down in a few gulps, "Ah! Man, I was starving, I didn't get to eat anything in a while." I asked him, "When did you last eat?" He replied, "Hmm... about a week and a half ago." I gasped, "Oh my God, do you want more?" He shook his head, "No, I'm good."

I said, "You know, I was really upset when I came back home after we were attacked by Naraku. I thought you were all dead... You told me to run, and you almost got yourself killed. I never expected you to be back, but now you're here... what happened? How did you get here, and how did you get through the well with out a jewel shard? And how did you get yourself so injured?" Inu Yasha thought for a minute, "I pretty much went through a living hell for the past year. Everybody else was really gone for good. But I couldn't track you down. I couldn't find you. But I figured, since you ran, you went back home. But before I went to the well, I wanted to deal with Naraku again. So for a few months afterwards, I searched for Naraku. Then I found him. I fought him again, probably even harder than before. But..." He sighed, "He broke the Tetseiga. I turned demon, and I forgot what else happened then. I woke up. Naraku was there. I was tied up. He told me that I had turned to my full demon side. Without the Tetseiga, anything could set off my demon blood. So he kept me there and tortured me. Everyday, until I went demon. He would watch me try and fail to break through his barrier. I almost got killed a few times. Last month he told me that he had the whole entire jewel now. I thought that meant he had gotten you. He told me that he had killed you. I almost believed him too. But I wanted to see you. I wanted to see for myself whether you were alive or not. So, two weeks ago, I escaped. I didn't know where I was or how to get back to the well, so I just kept going with instinct. Then, whatever day you found me, I think two days ago, Naraku found me again. I had reached the well, but then Naraku beat the shit outta me. He stabbed me a few times and well, here I am now. I fell in the well before he could attack me again. I guess he just didn't feel like coming back to your time to chase me. So I guess that's it." I closed my eyes. He went through that much. Naraku... that bastard. I looked into Inu Yasha's eyes, "I'm sorry. I should have stayed there I shouldn't have run away. Maybe at least you would have been safer if I stayed. You would have just come with be through the well." Inu Yasha shook his head, "No. I'm glad you ran. Naraku would have just dragged you along with me. And you would have died... I couldn't just let you die like that! I'm not letting that bastard kill somebody else who matters to me!" His breathing was shaky, "I didn't want him to kill another one of my friends." I held his hand, "Thank you Inu Yasha. It's just that... I thought you had died. If I had known ou were alive, I would have searched for you, no matter what. I never want you to go through that kind of pain."

Inu Yasha smiled, "You wouldn't make it. Sorry, but you're only human." I giggled, "Yeah. I couldn't survive without you." Inu Yasha smirked, "That's right." I said, "Hey, what about the well? How did you get through without the jewel?" Inu Yasha rolled his eyes, "How am I supposed to know? I just fell in and you found me. Maybe we, the two of us didn't need jewel shards or something. I don't know." I nodded, "Oh okay." I got up and took the empty ramen bowl, "Well, I'll check on you again later. Get some more rest, you need it." Inu Yasha said, "Feh. Fine wench. Only because I don't want to spend another day inside." I threatened, "You don't know how lucky you are right now that you're injured. Otherwise you'd be hearing the 'S' word a lot right now." Inu Yasha gulped and pretended to be asleep. I laughed, "Good night."

Once I had the dishes washed, I ran back upstairs into my mom's room. And I cried. Inu Yasha put up with so much, and survived! Naraku is such a heartless bastard. He actually enjoys watching people suffer. But, I just don't understand why he wanted to target Inu Yasha in the first place, since the time before Inu Yasha and Kikyo separated. All I know is that I hope Naraku dies. I hope he dies in the worst possible ways imaginable, and I hope he burns in hell for the rest of eternity. After what he did to Inu Yasha, nobody can forgive him.



*End Chapter Thirteen*



InvincibleInuYasha: Oh my God! I actually got two chapters done in one night! I finished chapter twelve this afternoon, and then I started working on this chapter and I finished! Yay! But now I'm sleepy! So g'night all you readers. Stay tuned for chapter fourteen! It's from Inu Yasha (Tatsuya's) PoV so it should be interesting as soon as I figure out the basic plot of the chapter.
P.S.- Ok, I didn't want to keep on using Inu Yasha and the other Inu Yasha. I gave the modern Inu Yasha a middle name. Tatsuya. So that's what he's going to be called for now to avoid any confusion. Just to let you know, I got the name Tatsuya from the manga series MARS. I don't own it, I just adore it. Very good series for readers who like blood and that 'love conquers all' kinda thing. Very morbid series, but you can get used to it. It's fifteen books long so, u better have a lot of money. lol. And I like to talk to people who like MARS too, because it's really interesting to talk about lol. So you can IM me at SMStephMars1. Just IM me and I'll chat wit u all day long about all the totally awesome mangas i've read. Hey, right now I'm watching the anime Pita Ten. My friend let me borrow her DVD set. It's really cute, you should watch it! Woah, I talk too much! I need my sleep cuz I got school tomorrow. Ja Ne! (Don't forget to read and review!)