InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Together Forever ❯ Gone ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Okay well for one, hiya all. This story was just created the other day and was written mostly during Social Studies (God is that boring!) in my black notebook. The idea came to me when I was listening to my Avril cd (Under My Skin). The song Slipped Away is what caused this beautiful story by me! ;) And I liked it somuch, here it is.
 
Dedicated to: This story is dedicated to oddly enough, VIZ for letting us Americans read the manga, watch the eppies, and see the movies. Tanks guys.
 
Chapter 1
Gone
 
The fear that crept over InuYasha's heart was unparalleled to anything he had ever felt before. As he watched the slim body of the girl he loved fall and crumble to the ground, his heart flew to his throat. Her black hair fell behind her and settled around her pale face.
InuYasha stood, frozen to the ground. His breathing quickened and tears began to well up in his eyes.
“KAGOME!!!”
 
That was just yesterday. But it seemed like a million years had gone by. InuYasha had rushed to her side, ignoring the strong scent of her blood and he concentrated on her strong, sweet honey scent.
Kagome's eyes were closed and a soft smile played on upon her lips. InuYasha pulled her into his arms and held her close. Her blood continued to pour from her side and it splattered all over their clothing.
InuYasha closed his eyes, tears streaming down his cheeks. She was dead. And it was all his fault. He hadn't protected her. And now, she was dead.
And the dead, clay woman that stood off to his side smiled wickedly. Finally, Kagome Higurashi was dead.
 
Miroku and the others had found him that way. Crying over the dead body of their beloved friend, and Kikyo off to the side. As soon as Sango saw the blood, she took Shippo and turned back around. Shippo tried to protest but she held an iron grip on him, forcing him not to look and to follow him. Miroku nodded at her as she left. He did not miss the silent tears that trailed down her cheeks.
Miroku nodded his head in acknowledgement to Kikyo but she didn't even seem to notice.
 
Miroku walked up behind InuYasha. He was covered in Kagome's blood but he didn't seem to mind. Miroku placed a consoling hand on InuYasha's back. InuYasha nodded his head meekly but he did not move from his position.
Kagome was wrapped in his arms, her left cheek pressed up against his right. The tears continued to fall and they were all over Kagome's face. InuYasha held one of her hands in his, entangling their fingers.
Kikyo smiled on as she watched InuYasha mourn over the dead girl. She glanced quickly at the monk to see tears were rolling down his face as well. But now InuYasha was all hers.
 
...insert line...
 
“How... how?” was all Shippo was able to mutter as InuYasha placed Kagome's body in another room, away from everyone's sight. Large tears welled up in the young kitsune's eyes and h suddenly hurled himself into InuYasha's arms. InuYasha, surprised that Shippo had come to him, quickly began to consol the young boy.
InuYasha knew Kagome was like a mother to the young kit. He probably viewed InuYasha as his father too. But that didn't matter now. Because Kagome was dead.
“InuYasha,” Sango said softly once Shippo had quieted down a bit, “How... how did it happen?”
InuYasha sighed. He knew this question was going to come up soon.
“We were ambushed,” he began, sitting down and Shippo still in his arms, “They came out of nowhere. It was like they had no scent.”
“They were snake demons. They had the bodies of humans but the head of a snake. Their arms were long and scaly with another snake head at each end. They wore heavy armor and their fangs were red along with their eyes. The one that seemed to be the leader called them the hebikaibutsu tribe.”
“He said, `We have been sent by the baboon lord to destroy the priestess Kikyo. There she is. Stand aside filthy hanyou and give us Kikyo.' ”
“Kagome was very mad at being mistaken for Kikyo again and she yelled at them. But they didn't seem to care. They charged at us.”
“How many were there?” Miroku asked at InuYasha's pause.
“Five. They seemed weak enough. I killed two easily with the Tetsusaiga so I thought it would be an easy match. But then Kikyo showed up.”
“She just suddenly walked into the clearing and she stared down the demons.”
“They asked her, `And who be you? Another priestess? Tell us your name woman!' ”
“Kikyo told them her name and they looked confused for a moment. Then the leader said, `You lie wench! That girl be the mighty priestess Kikyo! You shall pay for lying!' ”
“Kikyo must have thought they would be easy to kill as well because she stood where she was and let them charge her down. They made a deep slash in her side and she staggered back.”
“ `Vile demons,' she says, `I shall kill you all. Naraku has sent you has he not? Well, if any of you survive, tell him I shall die today but not by his hands.' ”
“I then asked her what she meant but she didn't answer me. Instead she pulled out her bow and arrows. The demons charged again but she ran to the side until she was across from me and Kagome with the demons between us.”
“They kept charging and somehow her arrow missed. I ran forward to save her. I killed one while the leader escaped my Tetsusaiga. I suddenly realized that one of the hebikaibutsu was missing.”
“That's when I heard Kagome's scream. The other hebikaibutsu was all over her, pinning her up against a tree. It kept running it's tongue over her cheek and then it began to stick it's nose up her shirt,” InuYasha spat the words out and even Miroku looked disgusted, “Then he kissed her on the lips. By now Kagome was trying to push him off but he was too strong and I'd seen enough. I charged at the hebikaibutsu and killed him in one quick slash. Kagome fell into my arms and when I turned around, I saw the leader charging at us.”
“I left Kagome and also charged but Kikyo was ahead of me. She shot another arrow off that hit the leader square in the back. The arrow killed him instantly and he became a small pile of dust. But the arrow kept going. I just barely dodged it when I turned and saw Kagome fall. I knew what had happened instantly. You all know the rest.”
The group was silent. It was pretty hard to hear. But it had practically killed InuYasha to repeat it. His heart had shattered as he watched Kagome fall and he had died along with her.
InuYasha quickly stood and left. He couldn't stand it any longer. He was going to the old God tree. Where he and Kagome first met.
 
The End of Chapter 1
of Together Forever
by Sakura G.
 
A/N: Okay so how was that??? Some of it may be a little confusing but it should all become clearer later on. I've already planned this whole story out (I've gotten chapters 1-4 written) and there will be only 7 chapters. Like my other two stories, the next chapter will come out every Saturday.
 
Length: 4 written pages, 4 typed pages, and 1276 words