InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ torn between love ❯ torn between love ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Torn between love

(By Shishome)

Authors note: read the sentences in ( ) that have all CAPITAL LETTERS ok

Intro: "why do I have to choose I love you both"

Sesshoumaru jerked awake and took a deep breath, the dream returned to him like it did the night before, and the night before, and the night before.

" Sesshoumaru", Rin groaned as she opened her eyes.

" Go back to sleep Rin"

Rin laid back down and closed her eyes.

Sesshoumaru wiped the sweat off of his forehead. Why was this dream coming back to him, this dream he hadn't dreamt for 100 years. Sesshoumaru shook his head and stood up then he walked into the thicket only to come across… the spot that he and his lover used to come to frequently to be alone with each other.

" Marrowind, my love, why must you haunt my thoughts just like you did a hundred years ago, just after I found out your death" Sesshoumaru whispered.

The wind slowly rustled the trees from above.

Sesshoumarus turned to the spot, by the tree, where he and Marrowind used to hold each other close, and be alone. Sesshoumaru took a deep breath and sighed then he turned around and walked back to Rin, and Jaken on the other side of the thicket.

The next day…

" Master Sesshoumaru, you don't seem like yourself lately… what is troubling you?"

Sesshoumaru stood up, and exhaled loudly.

" Nothing of your concern. Now let me be in peace," he said as he walked through the thicket.

Rin stood up and followed him " Sesshoumaru, are you ok"

Sesshoumaru sighed and looked at her " just something, at the edge of my mind".

Rin put her hands together, and held them close to her heart " do you want to talk about it"

Sesshoumaru sat down under the tree, " no its not something for children to hear."

Rin sat down beside him, and patted his shoulder. He looked at her and brushed some of her hair behind her ear.

That night when the energies collided…

It was near midnight when two youkai energies collided in the spot where Marrowind was killed with a purity arrow a hundred years earlier, raising her. She looked around " things have changed" she whispered to herself as she got to her feet " but I smell him … I smell my love"

The next day…

Sesshoumaru awoken with Rin right beside him, she seemed to still be asleep. Sesshoumaru stroked her black hair "sleep well Rin" he whispered as he stood up and walked away. A feeling of depression began to infest within Sesshoumaru, as he got closer to "her" death spot. Sesshoumaru sighed as he walked up to the tree where the arrow hit just after going threw his lovers heart. Sesshoumaru sat down beside the tree and closed his eyes and began to imagine just what happened to " her". He imagined her walking down the clearing with a water lily in her hand. He imagined her turning around to see the purity arrow coming toward her a bit to late. He imagined her scream of pain as the arrow went threw her heart and struck the tree. He imagined the blood, the pools of blood that she fell into and died, and the bloody lily floating in one of the larger pools. Sesshoumaru opened his eyes and looked around. Just then a hint of Marrowinds scent made him jump to his feet, his breath stiffened as he looked around " she's dead, she's been dead for 100 years" he thought franticly to himself. Just then a red ribbon (what kikyou uses to tie her hair up except hers is white as you know) caught his attention. He ran up to it and took it into his hand, it was Marrowinds he knew it. Just then the sweet scent from long ago began to embrace his nose. He closed his eyes and began to remember the sweet smell of his lovers long golden hair, (her hair went all the way down to her ankles so its long) the thin curves of her soft body, (she can wear a size 1 to 3 in woman's pants " small" so she's skinny) the warmth of her body, and the soft breathing in his ear, every time they held each other close.

Sesshomaru opened his eyes and inhaled deeply.

" Sesshoumaru"

" Marrowind!" Sesshoumaru gasped.

Rin looked at him like he was crazy. Sesshoumaru sighed and looked away. Rin walked up to him and embraced him in a hug.

Mean while…

" Demon! How did a demon pass threw the holy barrier run! "A young priest yelled to the elders. The elders looked up from the shrine.

" No demon can pass threw the barrier, you must be hallucinating"

"But…"

Just then a hand flew threw the young priests chest holding his heart " think again" a feminine voice said as she ripped his heart out threw his back. The priest dropped to the ground motionless. The elders looked up at her in fear as she threw the heart down to the ground and stomped on it, blood welled out of the crushed heart.

" Who are you demon of the dog specie?" one of the elders said as bravely as he could.

Marrowind looked at him " marrowind … daughter of the great inu youkia , that struck fear into your ancestors hearts, Shishome".

One elder got to his feet and grabbed onto his holy staff " this warded off your father years ago it should do the same to you"

Marrowind smiled and closed her eyes, as she seemed to be thinking " I doubt that elder for I'm immune to your holy relics and chants"

The elder dropped his monk staff as his head was twisted off.

(IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED HERE AFTER MARROWIND MADE HER SPEECH SHE SPRINTED UP TO THE PRIEST ELDER AND WELL YOU KNOW TWISTED HIS HEAD OFF " YUCK" OH AND SHE DID THAT TO THE OTHER TWO TO)

Two days later…

Marrowind left the little village where she slaughtered the young priest and the elders and made her way to a valley where she came across a monk.

" No don't kill me " the monk screamed in agony as Marrowind threw him to the ground.

Marrwoind smiled and picked up his monk staff and jabbed it threw his throat. The monk made a sick-choking sound as his blood squirted into the air. Marrowind smiled again and walked away.

Later that night…

Sesshoumaru gently stroked Rins hair as she quietly slept by his side. Sesshoumaru smiled " I love you just as if you where my own daughter" he whispered to her.

The next day…

Marrowind smiled, as Sesshoumarus scent got stronger.

" You're here my love …somewhere," she whispered.

Sesshoumaru sniffed the air "Marrowind" he whispered.

That night…

Sesshoumaru sat up like he did the night before holding Marrowinds red ribbon hair tie. Sesshoumaru took a deep breath and closed his eyes. Then like before Marrowinds scent embraced his nose; only it was stronger and closer this time. Sesshoumarus eyes shot open as he stood up and followed the scent to the "spot". Sesshoumarus breath stiffened as he turned to the spot to see " her", the moon reflected off her beautifully long hair giving it a heavenly glow. She turned to him and smiled.

" Marrowind is that you my love"

Marrowind nodded as the night breeze blew threw her hair causing it to shimmer.

Sesshoumaru slowly walked up to her, his breath still stiff " I have something for you" he said as he handed her, her hair ribbon.

Marrowind smiled " my hair ribbon where did you find it" she whispered as she slowly tied it back in her hair.

(She wears her hair up almost like kikyou)

" Where you died"

Marrowind looked into Sesshoumarus eyes and touched his cheek. Sesshoumaru quickly embraced her in his one arm. Marrowind in return embraced him " I've been wanting to embrace you like this again for so many years" she whispered.

" So have I" Sesshoumaru whispered.

Marrowind looked at him and gently touched his lips with her own. Sesshoumaru kissed her passionately. Marrowind smiled and embraced him in another hug.

" It's just like it was in passed years when marrowind was alive only now her body's cold from death," Sesshoumaru thought to himself.

" We where unfairly separated 100 years ago, I was not supposed to die because of being immortal, but a priestess killed me with a purity arrow"

" I don't care about that, I only care that you are back in my embrace my love"

Marrowind laid her head at the base of his neck " will you be with me like it was supposed to be … you where so sad after I was dead, you lost your love in your heart" she whispered as she placed her hand on his heart.

Sesshoumaru embraced her tight " I lost my compassion over the years even for you"

" I know I watched you from hell"

" Who is that"? Rin whispered to Jaken.

" shhhh"

Marrowind pulled away and turned her head towards the tree " I feel the agony of your torn heart and it makes me feel agony in my own heart, to heal that go to hell with me so we can be together"

Sesshoumaru looked at her. Marrowind, put her arms around his neck and placed her lips onto his.

" What is happening" Rin whispered to Jaken.

" I don't know"

Just then two pairs of arms flew out of the ground and grabbed Sesshoumaru and marrowind by their ankles, making them transparent then they began to slowly pull them to hell. Rin and Jaken jumped out of the thicket " Sesshoumaru"

Marrowinds and sesshoumarus lips parted causing the arms to release them and seep back into the ground. Sesshoumaru turned to Rin and Jaken. Rin burst out into tears " don't leave us and go to hell" she cried.

Marrowind looked at them. Sesshoumaru sighed and walked up to Rin and gave her a hug " I wont leave you I love you too much, you're like a daughter to me"

Marrowind sighed and looked away. Sesshoumaru walked up to her and took her hand.

" So you're in love with another"

Sesshoumaru shook his head " no I still love you, you always put a ray of light in my darkness"

Marrowind looked at him " but who do you love more, me or that human girl"

Sesshoumaru gave her a confused look, like he didn't know what she was asking him " I love you both, I don't think I can choose"

" You must choose"

Sesshoumaru looked at Rin then at Marrowind.

" Well"

Sesshoumaru sighed sadly then he gently kissed Marrowind on the lips " I will always love you in my heart" he whispered.

Then he walked up to Rin. Tears began to build up in Marrowinds eyes " so that human girl means more to you than me, didn't those years, when we where together mean anything to you".

Sesshoumaru nodded sadly. Tears streamed down Marrowinds cheeks " then I take my leave of you and may we never meet again, but remember my emotions where real and I will always remember your lips against mine, and in turn remember my lips against yours for I know those emotions were real"

" I will always love you Marrowind but I can not abandon Rin"

Marrowind nodded sadly and walked away. Rin looked at Sesshoumaru to see tears streaming down his cheeks for his lover has left him again.

" I love you Sesshoumaru, just as if you were my own father" Rin whispered.

The end …

( CHECK OUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THIS IN LOST LOVE SOUL)