InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tourniquet ❯ Tourniquet ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tourniquet

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or the song Tourniquet by Evenescence. I just own the CD and this story idea.

Kagome had just come out of the well again only to catch InuYasha in an embrace with the dead priestess, Kikyo. Angry and full of tears she turned and jumped back down the well to her own era. Kagome left so quickly she didn't even catch Kikyo pulling a knife on InuYasha. The hanyou barely escaped with just a minor gash on his neck.

After his near brush with death, InuYasha calmed down taking a few deep breaths, while inhaling he caught the scent of Kagome and her tears. With a speed that could only be rivaled by other hanyou and youkai, InuYasha jumped down the well after Kagome.

I tried to kill the pain, but only brought more. (So much more)

Back in her own time period again, Kagome flung open the doors to her house and found nobody was there but her overweight cat, Buyo. Heaving a sigh of relief the girl rushed up stairs to her room and slammed the door shut. Picking up a box cutter, Kagome closes her eyes and lightly pressed the razor sharp blade to her wrists.

I lay dying, and I'm pouring, crimson regret, and betrayal.

As InuYasha arrives in modern day Japan, he catches the faint scent of Kagome's blood on the wind. Worried about Kagome's safety, he rushes towards the house.

I'm dying, praying, bleeding, and screaming. Am I too lost, to be saved? Am I too lost?

My God, my tourniquet, return to me salvation. My God, my tourniquet, return to me salvation.

Kagome winces and opens her eyes a little. Seeing the small trail of blood seeping from her right wrist she smiles faintly. Then the anguish hits her with full force as she thinks of InuYasha with Kikyo. As if egged on by that thought, she picks up the blade, which she had dropped to the side and begins to apply it to the opposite wrist. Thinking of InuYasha, she sighs and pauses in her work.

Do you remember me? Lost for so long? Will you be on the other side? Or will you forget me?

After what seemed like an eternity, InuYasha reached the back door of the house. He was in an extreme state of panic now since the smell of Kagome's blood was even stronger than before.

I'm dying, praying, bleeding, and screaming. Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost?

My God, my tourniquet, return to me salvation. My God, my tourniquet, return to me salvation.

InuYasha pauses and takes a deep breath. He's now right at the door to Kagome's bedroom and the scent of her blood is overwhelming.

(I want to die)

Shaking the thoughts of InuYasha from her head, Kagome begins to apply the blade to her left wrist.

My wounds, cry for the grave. My soul cries for deliverance. Will I be denied?

Christ, tourniquet. My suicide.

InuYasha flings the door open.

Ooh, I'm evil aren't I? Okay tell me what you think. This is my first angsty fan fiction.