InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped from Within ❯ No one to Save Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: *cracks knuckles* okay! Another attempt at fanfiction!!! Lets see what comes of this. *Grins evilly*

Disclaimer: I don't know why I even bother with this thing. I don't own anything all right? You think I, the one who still has her stuffed animals lying in her closet cause she doesn't want to throw them away, would actually own ANYTHING?!! *sweat drops* uh….a little too much information.

... ... ... ... ...

It was silent and dark.

There was no whir of mechanics sounding in his ears; there were no frequent screams and cries that echoed around him in anguish that left him shivering uncontrollably and cold; there were no stinging lashes gashing cuts across his back.

The sounds of sobbing no longer haunted his ears, the sound of harsh whispered words no longer growled at him through the night.

It had been like this for a long time, too long for him to count the minutes or the hours of, but he knew he had been like this for what seemed like an eternity.

All it had been since he had first been lured into this mess was plain, dark silence.

And it frightened him.

To him, it rang louder then any shriek had ever shaken his eardrums, blinded him more then any light had ever rendered him sightless.

Because even if those things were terrifying, they would always fade away into nothing. His gaze could not penetrate through the opal cloud that eagerly enshrouded him; his ears could not strain to find even some remote form of life, even if they could move and twitch. The silence could not fade away because there was nothing there to begin with and it scared him more then anything he had ever experienced before in his pathetic excuse of an existence.

Even more then his mother's crying at night.

His thoughts ran wild in his head. He wanted to scream, to shout, to do something that would fill up the emptiness he both heard and felt around and inside him, but he knew it was useless. The shackles that bond him, the fluid tubes that pumped liquids through his veins, the never-ending sleep that held him captive, were all things that kept him separated from the world, separated from life itself. Never before had he ever felt so hollow inside, so shriveled up and out of place.

His life had been torn away from him. Beaten and broken from him, trampled and crushed into millions of shards, only to be scattered across the globe.

And the pain in his heart still beat to the same steady beat of his pulse, eating him alive.

It was his life, and no one could save him from it.

A figure stood behind a glass window, hand pressed against the pane, her eyes hidden by neatly clipped bangs. Her white lab coat hung around her thin form, and her black hair was pulled back, tied with a white ribbon. Chocolate brown eyes traced the figure of a boy, his body encased in a circular transparent disk, his arms and legs enclosed in protrusions from the metal sphere. A flash of silver caught her eye.

"….I'm sorry…" she whispered, before turning her back on the young man, the window pane, the room, and walking out the door, a purse clasped in her shaky grip.

.

.

.

Trapped from Within

Chapter 1

.

.

.

"Back again I see?"

Kagome stared down at the floor, her eyes shaded by her bangs, a molten purple bruise darkening her cheek. Absently, she tugged against her scratchy long sleeve shirt and sweater, avoiding the eyes of the slightly worried nurse, to turn her gaze upon the white marble floors.

The rough material of her shirt skinned her sensitive skin, bruises and scars hidden underneath the fabric and her arm twitched, convulsing ever so slightly. But her face was emotionless, schooled into a stoic face, even in the most tense of pain, and without a flinch she turned her steady gaze on the woman in front of her, scuffing her loafers on the polished floor.

She gave a sheepish grin; one she had learned got her out of an explanation most of the time. "What can I say? The batter hit the ball pretty hard."

Kaede only raised an eyebrow. A streaked strand of grey fell from her black bun, straying across her matured forty-year old face, and absently she brushed it behind her ear, her attention on her patient. "You must really like sports if you let yourself get so beat up like this. You never struck me as the klutzy type."

When Kagome just shrugged, her face still sheepish, Kaede sighed, and stepped over to the counter in the room, grabbing some antiseptic, cotton balls and a bandage.

Dipping the cotton balls into the alcoholic-smelling medicine, she walked over to Kagome to wash the dirty cut above her eyebrow.

It surprised her when Kagome suddenly veered away from the woman's hand, something the older woman didn't quite catch flashing through the younger girls eyes. Kaede blinked, and set the cotton ball down, reaching to touch the girl's shoulder.

She could feel the tiniest of tremors.

She frowned, and opened her mouth to ask, when she remembered something. Turning away from the trembling girl, Kaede reached for the bottle of antiseptic and read the label. "Oh, right, not this kind of antiseptic. Your…was it allergic to it?" When the black-haired teen only nodded, Kaede frowned and walked back over to the counter, grabbing a washcloth and the store-bought antibacterial gel.

Not wanting something she's allergic from to touch her, I can understand, but…why did she look so…. afraid?

Dabbing some gel on her finger, she wiped the washcloth over Kagome's forehead, scrubbing gingerly, before spreading on the soothing cream and snapping the bandage in place over the small cut. Throwing away the trash and wiping her hands clean, she smiled at her patient and patted her on the shoulder. "All done Kagome."

The girl smiled brightly at Kaede, before sliding off the table and brushing down her green sailor uniform. "Thanks Kaede." Flipping her black hair out of her eyes, Kagome smiled once more, and turned to the exit, her skirt rustling with her movements. Lifting a hand, she fingered the bandage above her eyebrow and reached to turn the knob open.

"Kagome…you know…I'm always here if you need…any help or just in the need of a listener."

Kagome paused, her hand on the knob, and slowly turned her head to the worried woman, who fidgeted slightly.

"You can't keep your problems to yourself you know." Kagome stared at the older woman, a woman who she thought more of as a grandmother then anything else, and tilted her head to the side, her expression thoughtful. After a moment, Kagome gave her another smile, this time a softer mild smile.

"I know." She said softly. When Kaede nodded, Kagome twisted the knob and slipped out of the nurse's office, closing the door gently behind her. Without another word, she walked down the empty hall, her loafers squeaking against the tiled flooring.

If Kaede had said another word back there, Kagome would have broken down and cried right there in the woman's arms.

She wasn't so sure if she was more thankful, or more hurt.

Looking up, she spotted a tall figure standing at the entrance to the school, jacket slung over his back, icy blue eyes watching her. Her heart both swelled and pained as she watched him straighten, his gaze boring into her black-raven head.

This was her life, and no one could help her from it.

A hand grasped her arm, and she looked up into a handsome face, a face she woke to every morning and slept to every night; a face she both feared and loved.

Bright blue eyes gleamed and she was afraid to now why they glowed so.

"We're going home.

... ... ... ... ...

I know, I know it's a short chapter but can you really blame me?