InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped Under The Knife ❯ The Ambulance ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



It was probably five minutes after the accident and a crowded ring of people were standing around Inuyasha. Several emergency vehicles were on the way and the owners of the cars which had been involved in the accident and the driver of the bus were argueing over what happened.

"the kid was just walking in the street, so that makes the accident none of our faults." the bus driver explained. "oh yeah, well what about the guy who ran him over and didn't even stop? isn't that hit and run?" the bloodied Volkswagen owner said through gritted teeth. "well thats not the problem now, what we should worry about is that kid. Is he even still alive?" the owner of the pickup truck asked.

Inuyasha's eyelids fluttered halfway open and he twitched. He groaned softly from the pain and tried to assess his situation. His legs seemed to be pinned to the ground by something very heavy and he felt several broken bones in his rib cage and legs. He tried to lift his head and felt a sharp pain course through his skull. A line of dark blood dripped down his cheek from his mouth. He was hurt pretty badly, but he had been through much worse. He just had to get that crumpled hunk of metal off of his legs.


Inuyasha was just about to attempt to push it off his legs when he spotted the hat that was supposed to conceal his ears. It was crumpled up and maybe ten feet away. "damnit.." he swore, slightly choking on the blood which had accumulated in his mouth. He coughed, causing some of the onlookers to notice his regained consciousness.

"Oh my god, he's awake!" exclaimed one of the people standing around him and looking at him. They all began crowding around him but were halted by the arrival of the ambulance and firetruck. One paramedic set up a ring of tape stuff to keep onlookers out and two others rushed to where Inuyasha lay.

"how in the hell did he survive this? didn't they say he had a collision with a bus and was ran over three times? It must be a miracle". one of them exclaimed as they put a brace on his head. "take those fake ears off and get his hair out of the way while I go get the stretcher." the other commanded. The paramedic pulled on Inuyasha's ears, hard. When they didn't come off he pulled again.

"that hurts!" Inuyasha complained with startling loudness. The paramedic and onlookers assumed a shocked stance for a while but the paramedic swiftly regained his composure and began to tie Inuyasha's voluminous silver hair back. He regained his shocked stance and this time stayed that way. The sides of Inuyasha's head were earless! They were just... blank. The paramedic gaped as Inuyasha glared at him. Just what the hell was this human trying to do anyway?

By this time the firefighters had managed to free Inuyasha's legs from the car and the other paramedic had arrived with the stretcher. The paramedic who had been shocked by Inuyasha's seeming earlessness was now helping the other strap him to the stretcher. He had just assumed it was a birth defect and the kid had glued the fake dog ears to his head for some reason.

Once in the ambulance they had taken off his red coat and shirt and were putting gauze over his open wounds and flushing them out with alcohol (very VERY painful). This made Inuyasha yell and start flailing about trying to get up, but he had been strapped to the stretcher with nylon straps.

"restrain him, he has broken ribs he might puncture a lung!" a medic shouted. They all clambered over him and tried to hold him down but Inuyasha still managed to get an arm free of the straps. "get OFF me" he demanded of the medics. When they didn't he smacked one of them across the face sending them to the other side of the ambulance.

"calm down kid! you have broken ribs, don't move and you'll be ok!" one of the paramedics tried to reason with him only to be smacked across the van as well.

"Lemme go!'' Inuyasha demanded. The closed space of the ambulance and the people clambering over him scared him. He hated the feeling of being trapped and got very agitated in situations in close contact with multiple people.

"We need to sedate him, someone's going to get hurt!" he heard one of them yell. He felt something poke into his restrained arm and begin to numb it. This startled him and made him fight even harder. He managed to break free of the strap across his chest holding him to the stretcher.

"its not taking effect, give him another dose" one of the paramedics frantically bagen to grab at Inuyasha's arm and managed to inject more sedative.

Inuyasha paniced as he felt half of his body going numb and managed to wrap his hand around the throat of one of the medics and give him a piercing glare. "What the hell are you trying to do to me?!" he demanded, and then slumped as thre doses of sedatives that would each knock a human totally unconscious in a matter of seconds began to take effect.

The paramedics in the ambulance slowly regained their composure which had been lost in the shock of Inuyasha's strength after being in an accident that should have killed him.

Inuyasha was still conscious, he lay there following the movements of the paramedics with his eyes and trying to move. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't. One of the paramedics in the ambulance whose main job was to keep the patient calm started talking to him.

"its ok kid, you're going to be fine. We just had to sedate you to keep you still so you wouldn't hurt yourself or us. Right now we think that you have three broken ribs and some bones in your feet and knees are broken, but right now it looks like you have no internal damage which is the real danger. It's really a miracle you survived that."


Inuyasha was going to try to say something to him but they arrived at the hospital and he was pulled from the ambulance and some people wearing white outfits and face masks pushed his stretcher away from the ambulance. Inuyasha's eyes lingered on his haori and the Tessaiga that were still in the ambulance. He would have to remember that they were there when he escaped from here.