InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Trouble Priestess ❯ Strange Priestess and a tainted village ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Strange Priestess and a tainted village

The sun was setting as they cross the river to go into a nearby village. Villagers lay slain from the fight with the demons. Kagome and Inu yasha stare silently with grief passing many young children and women that died in the battle.

"There has to be a jewel shard nearby…" Inu yasha said, quietly looking at the dead body of a young girl. "Naraku must be behind this…" Kagome nods silently as the walks pass them.

"It's almost nightfall, we should find shelter, and in the morning bury them." Kagome said, looking around the village.

"There is a cabin over there, "Sango said, looking at the fairly large house. "It must have belong to some lord," She determines as she walks in.

"Please.Help me." A young lady cries out from masses of dead bodies as a demon moves closer to her. Inu yasha leaps into action with the Tetsusaiga. He slains the demon as the young lady passes out from fright.

"Miruko, come over here and give me a help." He orders as he begins to move the giant orge off the young womans body. "She's still alive," he comments picking her up. Inu yasha carries her over to the cabin, as shippo returns with firewood and food.

"Who's she?" Kagome asks, as Inu yasha carefully places her down on the ground.

"She was attack by an orge, she's injured." Inu Yasha said, looking at Kagome. Kagome nods her head, and begins to work to help the young lady.

"Where am I?" The young woman announces in shock, "my villagers…"

"Calm down, you are safe." Kagome said, holding her down. "You was attack by an orge do you remember much?" She asks, placing a cold damp cloth on the young maiden's forehead.

"My village was attacked by a swarm of ogres. This time we couldn't hold them off, I was going to the nearby village to get help, when I saw the leader of the ogres killing my villagers." She said, nervously, "They are all dead, my family…"

"Do you know if there is a jewel shard around here?" Inu yasha ask, sweeping down in front of her. "Do you know if you sense anything powerful…" He asks, calmly, and not over powerly.

"I've hear of the Skikon no Tama, but have never seen an actually sacred jewel shard. My father kept a journal of the sacred stone. It has been past from my family for generations." She said, looking scared.

"I'm surprise you aren't scared of me," Inu yasha said, laughing slightly. Kagome look at Inu yasha and the young girl.

"I've been around demons all of my life, and I'm not surprise to see you here either. I've heard of your journey to find the Shikon no tama, Kagome, and Inu yasha. Kikyo's recarned soul." The young maiden said, quietly standing up barely. "If you'll follow me, I'll show you to the room where the history of the Shikon no tama lies."

"What's your name?" Miruko ask, looking at her quietly. Sango nods her head and Shippo stares intensely.

"My name is Raven," She said quietly, and began leading them through the rooms of the mansion.

"Raven," Miruko starts, "If you are the only one left, who will continue to write the wherabouts of the shikon no tama, and the history behind it?"

"Truth be told, the shikon no tama disappear fifty years ago when Kikyo died, and until now, it's the only recent history of it. My town was hiding a few sacred shards from demons that we had killed. It was my duty to protect them, and I fail." Raven said, sadly as she pass the room in which her father stay.

"What was you exactly training for?" Kagome ask, looking at her strangely.

"I'm a priestess." She whispers stopping at the door, "And here is the story of the Shikon no tama." She opens the door as a barrier is broken from the door.