InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Essence of Love ❯ What is This? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Twisted Essence of Love
Summary: Kagome is living with Kohaku and Sango. Something happened to her. Two twisted lives might just collide.
Age: Kagome 17, Sango 17, Inuyasha 18, Miroku 18, Kikyou 18, Rin 20, Sesshoumaru 23, Kohaku 23, Souta 15
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, although I do own season 1 and 2 on DVD and the first 4 movies!
They are their regular bloodlines.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Twisted Essence of Love
Chapter One
:Knock::Knock: Someone with long flowing raven hair opened the door only for shy chocolate to meet brazen gold. The owner of the gold eyes said, “Oh, hey Kagome, why are you over here? I know Sango is out on a date with Miroku. Are you hanging out with Kohaku?” He finished observantly.
Kagome looked at Inuyasha and answered, “Oh ya, hi. Umm… I'm here because-.”
Kohaku walked into the room and cut her off by saying, “Hey Inuyasha. What's up?”
Kagome gave Kohaku a look of gratitude for saving her and he smiled at her. Inuyasha saw this exchange and asked, perplexed, “What the hell is going on?”
Kagome looked at Kohaku, eyes silently pleading to not let Inuyasha know. Kohaku saw her look but shook his head, knowing that they couldn't hide this from Inuyasha anymore. Kagome gave an audible sigh and said, “Okay Inuyasha. You can't tell because we don't want anyone else to know.” Inuyasha nodded, Kagome continued, “I am living over here because my mom died.” Her eyes started tearing up as she remembered the cause and the moment. `That dirty, kniving person!!!! That was blackmail! How could he do that to me and Souta? We have already lost so much. He knows that. How could he?'
Kohaku and Inuyasha saw her eyes cloud and become teary. Kohaku walked over to her and put his arm around her shoulders. One solitary crystal drop fell out of her eyes and she took a deep breath and continued, “Souta and I didn't have anywhere to stay so we asked our closest friends. I asked Sango and Souta asked Shippou and they said we could stay. Sango helped me through it all. She knows exactly what happened and how hard it was for me. She was the shoulder I had to cry on.
“I am thankful she and Kohaku let me stay here. I would have had no where else.”
Inuyasha looked at her and said, “You would always have my house.”
Kagome looked at him with gratitude in her eyes and said, “Thank you for that Inuyasha. I will remember that.”
Inuyasha nodded and gulped before saying, “Did she die because of what Hojo did to her?” Kagome and Kohaku stared at Inuyasha and Kagome nodded.
All of their minds flashed back to that night.
Flashback
“Happy Fourth of July, Sango!” Kagome said cheerfully. Sango hugged her and said the same back.
They were at the Fourth of July party at Inuyasha's house and they were the first ones there because they had to help set up. Inuyasha walked up and poured confetti on the two girls' heads. They looked at him in surprise and laughed. Kagome said, “Happy Fourth of July, Inuyasha!” She hugged him and he returned the gesture.
When Sango saw that gesture she immediately thought, `Kagome and Inuyasha would be a great couple. Whoa, where did that thought come from? We have known each other forever! How can I think this now?'
Inuyasha turned to Sango and said, “Happy Fourth of July, Sango!”
She looked at him and laughed while managing to say, “You too, Inuyasha.”
Inuyasha wondered what she was laughing at and soon found out when Kagome stood behind him and dumped a whole bucket of confetti on him with Miroku's help. Rin walked out and saw Inuyasha all sparkly and immediately broke out into peals of laughter. She was literally rolling on the floor. Sesshoumaru just chuckled slightly at his brother. Miroku was clutching his sides. While Kagome stood there smiling innocently, and Sango was trying to hold her mirth in and failing miserably.
Inuyasha turned his sparkly self around to face Kagome and said, “Oh, so this is why you and Sango weren't mad when I did this to you.” Kagome nodded cheekily and smiled at Sango, who by now was on the ground laughing, unable to control herself any longer. Inuyasha just smiled evilly and looked back to Kagome who was still smiling. Inuyasha continued, “Well then if you did this to me it means we are even, right?” Kagome nodded. “Well then,” he said, starting to walk towards her, “we are not even until I catch you and tickle you, right?” Kagome nodded and then stopped in mid-nod and stared at Inuyasha, her eyes widening.
His smile started to look very menacing to Kagome and she took off running. Inuyasha jogged after her making sure he didn't exert his full hanyou speed. He was catching up to her. When he caught up to her he tackled her to the ground and said, “Gotcha, now, what was after this? Oh right, TICKLE TIME!!!”
Kagome shrieked with laughter and Inuyasha smiled as his fingers attacked her sides. Kagome was wiggling around on the floor trying to get out of Inuyasha's grip. (A/N I know that some of the characters are OOC but this IS my story and most of them ARE softer. This is AU AND500 years in the future. They won't have to defend themselves all the time. They are also REALLY CLOSE friends.)
Kagome kept wiggling around until his fingers ceased their movement. She looked up at him, confused. She, then, looked around wondering what stopped the tickling. She also noticed that her friends had stopped talking and laughing. Then she spotted the source of the abrupt silence.
A girl with raven hair stood in a skimpy shirt that barely concealed herself and a very short miniskirt. She walked over to the sun-eyed and the ebony haired duo. When she reached them, she smiled, flirtingly, then she started to play with her hair in what she thought was the sexiest way ever.
Inuyasha helped Kagome up when Kikyou approached them. He held her hand and pulled her close to his body. Kagome leaned into his touch. Inuyasha glared at Kikyou. She just smiled back.
“What are youdoing here?” He said, biting back the vengeance in his words.
Kikyou just smiled and said, “I heard you were having a party, Inuyasha, baby, and I wondered why you didn't invite me, so I just thought it was a mistake and saved the trouble of calling.”
Kagome was almost not able to control herself in front of this whore. That is one of the reasons Inuyasha made sure he had a firm grip on her hand at all times.
“You are not invited,” Kagome said, barely able to restrain herself from jumping on the slut and hurting her.
Inuyasha nodded in agreement and continued Kagome's statement, “Leave now. You are not welcome here, nor are you ever welcome again, after what happened.” Inuyasha smelt salt, tears from Kagome. He knew that scent well now. `Oh shit, she is crying, what do I do? We need Kikyou to leave now! Kagome will be sad all night unless we get Kikyou out.'
Inuyasha sent a glance to his brother, Sesshoumaru, to come and help get rid of this whore. Sesshoumaru, with his sharp eyesight caught the glance his younger half brother was sending him and he saw Kikyou and immediately walked over to the trio.
Kikyou was thinking how crafty she was to get here and how Inuyasha wouldn't let anyone kick her out. `Oh Inuyasha wont kick me out! He loves me, like I love him! We will get married, if only he will stop feeling sorry for losers like Kagome Higurashi! I can't believe after all I did he still hangs out with her! How can he! They are almost mortal enemies!'Kikyou's attention was redirected to Kagome and Inuyasha. She saw how he was holding her hand and how she was staring into the distance, probably thinking.
Kagome didn't notice Sesshoumaru approaching, all she could think about was what Kikyou did to her and her family, and all the pain she caused, by her selfish actions to get Inuyasha. They didn't work. `I can't believe her! Well actually I can! I know she would stoop that low, but I didn't know she could pull something of that extent off.'Tears started clouding Kagome's vision. She was biting her lip trying to hold back her anger and remorse. Kikyou used to be her best friend when she was little. Both girls went to Miko School together and they quickly became friends because of their similar looks and similar power.
They soon came to know everything about one another and they knew how to make each other mad and happy. When they were in the 5th grade Kikyou met Inuyasha. She immediately started to like him and thy all became friends. Kagome quickly united Miroku and Sango with Kikyou.
Then one day after school in the 8th grade Kagome caught Kikyou kissing Hojo, a boy who had liked Kagome since they were young, but Kagome didn't care about that. Kikyou was going out with Inuyasha! So Kikyou was cheating on him. Kagome took out her cell phone and started taping Kikyou and Hojo kissing on her phone. A few minutes later Kagome's phone rang and Kikyou leapt up and turned to face the spy.
Kikyou started coming towards Kagome and Kagome knew she was in trouble. Kagome started backing up. Kikyou captured her in a ball of miko energy. Kagome's fingers worked quickly. Her phone was already open and she dialed Inuyasha's number. Kikyou noticed nothing. Kagome felt her phone stop ringing and she knew Inuyasha had picked up. Inuyasha asked, “Hello?” Kagome could feel what he said by the vibrations in her phone. She had to let him know where she was. She needed him to come and save her
Kagome knew that with her imprisoned Kikyou could do anything to her. She started talking to Kikyou, in hopes of distract her while Inuyasha figured out where they were and so that she could prolong the hurt Kikyou was surely going to give her. Kagome asked Kikyou, “Kikyou, why are you here afterschool on the playground behind school kissing Hojo?” Kagome felt Inuyasha say okay, she knew he was coming. He hung up the phone and she shut her phone.
Kikyou just looked at Kagome and said, “I am here because Inuyasha can't give me everything I want. Hojo can. Inuyasha is still cuter though so I will keep him around, but if you tell anyone about this Kaggie, you will be in grave danger.” Kagome knew that Inuyasha lived only a few blocks from school, and she knew he was a hanyou. He didn't know she knew, but she did. She knew it wouldn't take him long to get there. She sighed in relief when she saw him jump into a tree and wait there.
She asked Kikyou, “Kikyou who will you marry? Inuyasha or Hojo, who you are cheating on Inuyasha with?”
Kikyou looked suspiciously at her friend and said, “I don't know I will marry whichever is richer.” Kagome saw Inuyasha jump down from the tree with a confused look on his face. Then a look of dawning realization came over his features. She sent him an apologetic look and he smiled at her.
For now her secret of being a miko was safe, Kikyou's however was not. Inuyasha walked over to Kikyou and he tapped her on the shoulder. She turned and faced her supposed boyfriend. She smiled when she saw him and she tried to hug him, but he dodged her touch. Kikyou frowned a little and tried again. Again he moved out of the way, she asked, “Inu baby, what is wrong?”
He just seemed to smile and said, “Kikyou, let Kagome out…NOW!” Kikyou seemed frightened and released her spell on Kagome. Kagome jumped away from the area she was in and started running towards Inuyasha. Now that Kagome was safely in Inuyasha's arms he turned back to Kikyou. He continued, “I am upset because you cheated on me, you imprisoned my best friend in a bubble of miko energy, and you easily could have killed her, and you are a whore. Anything else I didn't mention?”
Kikyou just stared at Inuyasha in shock and she seemed to be at a loss for words. Finally she found her whiny voice and said, “No I didn't cheat on you, that bitch Higurashi is lying to you.”
Inuyasha looked at Kikyou and laughed and said, “Do you think I would believe you after what I just heard from your lips? No I don't think so.” Kagome tapped his hand and he looked at her, “Besides, Kagome has proof, don't you Kagome?” Kagome nodded her head and flipped open her cell phone. She went to the video section and looked through her videos until she got to the ones of Kikyou and Hojo kissing. She showed Inuyasha and Inuyasha inclined it towards Kikyou, so she could see.
Kikyou knew she was had just gotten caught. She glared at Kagome and turned around, “Well then, I guess we are breaking up Inuyasha, you were never worth it anyways.” Kagome felt her blood boil as she looked at Kikyou. She started to move towards her when Kikyou spun around and placed a hand to Kagome's forehead. Kagome immediately stopped moving and she started to scream. Her face twisted in terror. Kikyou's eyes were closed and all Inuyasha could do was watch Kagome and Kikyou, frozen to his spot. After a few seconds he jumped into action and slapped Kikyou's hand away from Kagome. He then caught Kagome's body as it fell limp from Kikyou's hands.
A/N Okay, this is a new fic! I will try to update so much faster, I already have the second chapter written. I am working on the third. I give all title credit to Wolf Blossom, because like a good nee-chan she helped me because I couldn't think of anything. So thank you!!! Well I hope you all enjoy! Review! You will be in my thank you's if you do!