InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Sides to a Story ❯ Anything for You ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Two Sides to a Story

Chapter 3: Anything for You

By Cataluna

Not a word was exchanged between them as she led him silently back into the village. Kagome concentrated on the synchronization of their footsteps, the warmth of his hand, and how perfectly theirs fit together. She had held hands with other guys before, and it had been awkward. Their hands were either too rough or sweaty, or she had to bend her elbow because of a difference in height, but it was always different with Inuyasha.

Always.

It felt like they were back to the way it was before. Her eyes fluttered shut as she leaned against him, the roughness of his haori a comforting texture against her cheek. It didn't matter what he thought. She always felt safe with him, no matter what form he took. Human, hanyou or youkai, Inuyasha would protect her at all costs. And I'll love and accept him no matter what.

Rather than comfort, that thought brought a sense of dread, of fear inside her. It stirred until she could no longer ignore it, her eyes snapping open as she moved away from him, their hands still connected. The lights from the torches in the village began to waver, smearing until they came together into one large glow.

Again, Inuyasha had made her feel cheap, and once again, she was ready to forgive him. How does he do this? How is he able to make me act this way? She blinked rapidly and his hand tightened around hers as though he could sense her confusion, trying to keep her from moving away completely. She tugged sharply at their joined hands, but he held on fast, arms suddenly around her in a fierce hug that left her gasping - his strength incredible even as a human. Inuyasha pressed his lips once against her temple before moving down to the shell of her ear. "You said you'll stay," he reminded her firmly, the rich tone of his tenor an enticing whisper that made her want to melt against him, into him.

No.

Kagome forced herself to maintain a stiff posture, feigning difference to his touch as he combed his fingers gently through her hair, the other reacquainting itself with her curves. The feel of them, firm and warm on her body, made her want to give in and forget everything that had happened between them. Growling softly, he kissed down the length of her neck, teeth gathering the piece of flesh that rested above her pulse point in his mouth, sucking on it tentatively.

I'm weak… I'm so weak…

Her throat betrayed a moan and her head dropped submissively to the side even as she was making a half-hearted attempt at pushing him away. Faintly, she heard him repeat his earlier reminder before she felt a sharp sting of his teeth that drew a loud cry from her parched lips. His tongue lapped greedily at the throbbing wound and her legs shook under her weight as pain turned into blinding pleasure. Kagome was unaware when he moved them to the side of the road, away from prying eyes, and she was oblivious even as he laid her to the ground, his mouth continuing its sucking motion while he parted her thighs with his knee.

Hair, the deepest shade of ebony, glided across her skin as he entered her willing body, shoving his need, his near-desperation deep inside her. She had thought he would be gentler because of the new moon, but Inuyasha was anything but tender. In fact, "rough sex" was a euphemism for what followed. She remembered biting into his shoulder until the coppery tang of his blood was strong in her mouth, the bruising grip of his hands on her hips as he pushed in and out of her, and his mouth covering hers to silence her cries as the blunt tips of her nails slipped inside his kimono to tear at his back.

They didn't make love, nor did they have sex.

What they did was fuck.

The raw, animalistic need to conquer, to reclaim what they denied each other rode them with a fury. A hoarse scream tore from her throat as a shattering release followed. She felt peace, a sense of happiness she hadn't experienced for days. But it all shattered when he pulled out of her with a soft grunt, his seed spilling over her thighs instead of inside her. The expression of relief that clearly marked his face as she caught her breath was painful. It brought to mind why she had been angry with him in the first place.

I'm good enough to fuck but not good enough to carry his child... not good enough to be his mate.

"Not good enough," she whispered to herself as she stood quickly on her feet, nearly stumbling with the momentum. He caught her and held her to him before she shoved him away, ignoring the look of bewilderment as she fell to her hands and knees in a fit of anguish. She had just made love-no, got fucked by a man on the side of the road, concealed behind bushes. `Like a cheap whore. That's all I am, that's all I ever will be,' she painfully reminded herself as the contents of her stomach emptied into the ground before her.

^*^

Kagome sat in perfect stillness as he rid her of her clothing. Piece by piece, she was exposed to his eyes, but he did not look at her with hunger and desire… he didn't look at her at all. He removed his haori and draped it over her shoulders before half-turning his body to dip the handkerchief that she had given him into the cool stream.

Blood had seeped through his white undershirt, prompting a guilty look at the red that had dried under her nails. Kagome closed her hands, hiding them well inside her fists when he turned to face her. The slightest grimace that came from the flex of his back was not lost on her. She had forgotten how his human body didn't heal as fast as its hanyou counterpart.

Dark brows furrowed together under his bangs as he tentatively touched her thigh with the wet cloth, gently washing away the evidence of their joining. His hand brushed against the side of her hip and she flinched, a small, involuntary cry sounding from her throat. He froze and stared at the freshly-formed bruises that marred her white skin.

"W-was I…" Inuyasha asked hesitantly, his eyes still fixed upon her injuries, "Was I too rough?"

Kagome shook her head. `You still don't understand… that's not the case. I wanted you like that,' she admitted in shameful silence, `I want you, all of you.' Inuyasha and the world around her were fast becoming a blurred vision in her eyes. `But you don't want me that way. I know that you don't. You want her.'

"Did I hurt you?" his voice thickening with emotion.

Familiar tears pricked her eyes and she inhaled deeply to gain control over them. Dammit! I'm not going to cry again…I refuse! He had brought her much happiness, but she had cried so much because of him. At times she wished she could hate him, then everything would be so much easier and less complicated.

But you can never hate the one you love…

She had read somewhere that love and hate were too powerful to occupy a heart at the same time. With love there is no hate. With hate there is no love. She hadn't truly understood the concept until she'd met Inuyasha. Her soul had bound her to him at the start, but it was her love that forever sealed her heart to him. Leaving him would kill her.

Hating him would destroy her.

Hot tears trailed down her cheeks until they fell in splattered drops on her lap. Inuyasha took her into his arms and rocked her, "Shh…Kagome, I'm sorry. Please don't cry." He didn't ask her what was wrong again; instead he pleaded for her to stop crying.

She did.

She would do anything for him.

^*^

A/N: In case I haven't metioned this before, this fic is not meant to be updated regularly. It's for me to get over my writer's block for my other stories. But I have to admit that I'm getting really fond of this story so I might make this into one of my regulars. Also, these chapters are meant to be short, so no complaining about the length ^___^

Please sign up here if you would like an email alert for the next chapter http: // cataluna281. notifylist. com/tstas. html