InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Un cuento de dos amores(A tale of two loves) ❯ recollections2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: You know the drill. I'm poor don't sue and I don't own Inuyasha. Enjoy!
 
I couldn't have been more relieved to see the sun rise. The night hadn't been as bad as I thought it was going to be, I constantly dressed Inuyasha's wounds, but his silence brought great discomfort.
 
Stepping out of the hut I was surprised to see that Sango and Miroku had already set off, probably the leach's idea.
 
Shippo suddenly leapt into my arms confirming my suspicions. “Hi Kagome, Miroku and Sango set off really early, something about not wanting to disturb your much needed rest.”
 
Yeah right. “So are you and Inuyasha leaving already?”
 
Nodding my head I began searching for the elder priestess, surely she would have returned by now to check on Inuyasha.
 
“Kaede came by earlier too, she said that she would be staying with Hoshiko because she should go into labor soon.”
 
“Thank you Shippo.” I gave him one last hug before setting him down and braving the hut once again. When I entered I was surprised to find an already clothed Inuyasha. He was tying the red kimono as I approached. Packing seemed the best thing to do, I couldn't figure out what it was about him that made me feel so uneasy.
 
Once packed I had turned to ask if he was ready but he was no longer in the hut. Throwing my bag over my shoulder I quickly ran outside and discovered he wasn't there either.
 
“He already left.” I turned towards the voice on the roof and was surprised to find Shippo happily eating away at some chocolate I had brought him recently. When his words sunk in I was beyond pissed.
 
“HE WHAT!” How dare he think that he could just leave me behind like that. He was injured and a walking target. I used the rage as fuel as I ran towards the well. I felt flames engulf me when I reached the well and he was not there. Jumping over the edge I tried my best to cool down before I reached him. Climbing over the well seemed easier as I tried to clear my mind and only concentrated on finding Inuyasha and making sure he was okay.
 
And then strangle him.
 
What I expected to see was Inuyasha leaning on the old tree ready with a smartass comment about how slow I was. Instead I found him inside my kitchen with my mother busily cooking breakfast and boiling water, which I assumed was for ramen.
 
Before I could even lash out at the man mother quickly saw I was about to blow my top and interrupted. “Hi dear! It's so good to see you. Since you're back early does this mean you're going to school today?”
 
Smart woman she was, she distracted me with a whole new situation… A stressful one at that.
 
School.
 
Damn. I couldn't help the grimace, “Well, maybe tomorrow, I really would rather stick around here today incase Inuyasha's injury gets worse.”
 
She smiled at me, the smile all mothers give to their children when they secretly mean, yeah right.
 
“Alright dear, well go wash up breakfast is almost ready.”
 
“Alright mom.”
 
Throwing one last glance over my shoulder I felt a small smile come to my lips. My mother chatting away while cooking breakfast and her companion sat in a chair arms crossed head down with his eyes closed pretending not to listen. The truth was he was he probably was listening, over the years I had noticed that Inuyasha had a soft spot for my mother, maybe it was because in some way she reminded him of his own.
 
After breakfast I redressed Inuyasha's wounds in my room. At first I was going to do it in the kitchen but Mom might not be too thrilled with a half naked boy and daughter alone in any situation.
 
We hadn't spoken two words through breakfast and I was beginning to wonder, how the hell I was going to get through this month.
 
His wounds seemed to not be infected which was a good sign; the four crests had even stopped bleeding. While cleaning them, I had seen the only scar he had on his body, the one right above his heart. The one given to him by Kikyo and her arrow.
 
I pushed her out of my mind and busied myself by starting to catch up on my homework; hopefully I wouldn't have any tests soon.
 
“Inuyasha, I'm going to do some homework okay? You don't have to stay in here; just don't leave the shrine okay?”
 
He simply keh'd and shrugged his shoulders on the way out; probably on his way to go agitate Buyo. Somehow lunch had rolled around before I knew it and Mom calling me down to lunch. Descending down the stairs I could hear the voice of Sota from the living room, “Wow Inuyasha that was so cool! Could you teach me how to do that?”
 
“Maybe when you get older kid.”
 
“ALRIGHT!”
 
Lunch appeared to be going smooth, not too much conversation from Grandpa or Mama but Sota was ecstatic to have his hero in the house so he kept asking questions about the Feudal Era. I tried to answer his questions to the best of my ability without worrying Mama much, she might get Grandpa to try to seal the well.
 
“So is it really dangerous living in the Feudal era? I mean are there big dangerous demons? Do you have to sleep with one eye open?”
 
“You should always be alert, and it's only dangerous for the weak.” Inuyasha managed while scoffing down more ramen. I resisted the urge to kick him under the table; I mean he could have said so much worse.
 
Inuyasha's answer didn't seem to bother anyone but Sota, “Kagome's weak.” The little boy thought out loud as he continued eating, “But she always has you to protect her so I guess she doesn't have to worry so much.”
 
I somehow managed to swallow my food and concentrated on taking the blush off my face. I half expected Inuyasha to join in about how weak I was or say how he only protected me for interest. But when I turned to look at him he too wore a matching blush on his cheeks as he ate his ramen, not saying a word. This only seemed to make my face hotter.
 
“Kagome,” my mother called to me, “I'm afraid that you're on your own for diner tonight, we have a meeting at Sota's school and we won't be back early.”
 
Nodding my head I quickly told her how we'd be fine and I could simply cook some ramen.
 
“Dear why don't you take Inuyasha out instead, I mean surely he's got to be tired of ramen.”
 
“I never get tired of ramen.”
 
Meanwhile I was trying to let my mother's words sink in…..she wanted me to take Inuyasha out…on a date? Was my own mother trying to make me look like a fool? But wait, glancing over at Inuyasha arguing with my mother about the nutrition of ramen it dawned on me that he looked like an average 18 year old guy, with long hair….good build, good looking……SHIT.
 
“So it's settled. Kagome's taking you out.”
 
I blinked and realized that by the way Inuyasha had his arms stubbornly crossed over his chest and slightly pouting, that he had lost the argument and now I was going out with him.
 
“Mom don't you-
 
“Kagome would it kill you to be normal? Girls your age go out with friends all the time, I don't know how long you're staying but why not make the best of it and do something I know you've always wanted to do.”
 
Cutting my eyes at her took a drink of my water when I heard my annoying little brother.
 
“What has she always wanted to do mama?”
 
She smiled as she said, “Date and have a boyfriend.”
 
I spit the water I had been trying to drink across the table embarrassed, shocked and outraged I began chasing my little brother around the house, true he had not been the cause of my embarrassment but he wasn't as naïve as he mother thought he was. And he didn't have to laugh.
 
“Sota just wait till I get my hands on you!”
 
After a futile chase I realized my brother had become a whole lot faster than I remembered. Giving up I made my way back to the table too embarrassed to try to look at Inuyasha. Beginning to plan our `date' I realized a very important detail. Clothing.
 
“Mama we need to find Inuyasha some clothes, he can't wear a firerat robe.”
 
“What's wrong with my robe?!” He quickly defended.
 
“Are you kidding me? You'll stick out like a sore thumb, besides, you need clothes for more than just one day, remember?” I shot him a look that made him remember why we were here in the first place.
 
“Oh.”
 
Score One for Kagome. “How long are you staying dear?”
 
Turning my attention to my mother I thought of an answer that would be satisfactory to her and not raise her suspicions.
 
“A month.”
 
Looking back at Inuyasha I made sure to give him a dirty look letting him know that he wasn't suppose to of said that and to let me do that the talking. Yes I had a look that said all of that. After all I had been with Inuyasha for 3 years; we learned to reach each other well.
 
“Wow, a full month you say? That's great you can catch up on all of your school work and get you're grades back up.”
 
“Mom my grades are fine, they're high enough to get me into a good school I just have to do well in my entrance exams and probably go to cram school.”
 
Shaking her head she let me know how unhappy she was about my performance at school, how I had gone from all A's to passing. But then after reminding her of what it was exactly that I was doing on the other side of the well she quickly told me how proud she was and that I knew what I was doing with my life.
 
“So what are we going to do about Inuyasha mom?”
 
Pulling a lose strand of her hair behind her ear she responded, “Well, I have a bit of money saved up; you might just have to take him shopping before diner. You should probably go after lunch.”
 
“Shopping?” I had mixed feeling about this, after all I loved to go shopping but Inuyasha might not feel so enthused about the whole idea.
 
“Is that okay with you Inuyasha?”
 
“Keh.”
 
I got up and began cleaning the table. “I guess that's a yes. Hurry up so we can go.”
 
I realized he was giving me a suspicious look and my excitement was starting to scare him, “Why do I feel like I just sold my soul to Sesshomaru?”
 
I couldn't help but laugh, Inuyasha had actually made a joke. This might not be so bad after all.
 
 
Next chapter, shopping and `the date'.
 
Sorry this chapter didn't have much action but it's pretty late and I'm turning in. Laters!
 
Review if you have time please.