InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Un cuento de dos amores(A tale of two loves) ❯ recollections15 ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own these lovely characters they belong to one lucky woman, the one who created them.
 
*****~~~~~~~~*****^$@!
 
Golden eyes? I did a double take to make sure I was not dreaming, what the….. I looked to the top of his head and his puppy ears swiveled around as if testing them out for the first time.
 
“Hello!,” his irritated tone cut through my pondering, “my clothes?! Kagome what the hell is wrong with you?”
 
“They're in my bottom drawer,” I pointed not really sure if I'd wake up any minute now and see black haired Inuyasha asleep next to me.
 
He roughly opened the drawer and grabbed his robes taking off to the bathroom slamming the door behind him. In an amazing ten seconds he was back dressed in his traditional red fire rat robes, no shoes and tetsuiaga back on his hip.
 
“What are you waiting for wench, we have to go look for jewel shards.”
 
I sat on the edge of my bed frozen, my mind overflowing with questions. Had these last two weeks been some kind of hallucination? Was last night-? The kiss? It couldn't have been, yesterday was one of the best days of my life and still so vivid in my memory.
 
It had to be real.
 
So how could he have just woken up and made demands like nothing had changed?
 
“Feh, I'll be down stairs waiting, put on some decent clothes and let's go.” He breezed past me closing the door and waking me from my stupor.
 
“Decent clothes?” I look down at my attire and blushed; it was still the white outfit from last night. Jumping up I ran to get some fresh clothes, opting for tennis shoes and jeans, because knowing Inuyasha we'd be shard hunting for a while to make up for the two week loss.
 
Finding my monster of a bag, I throw in some extra clothes and lug it all downstairs to full up on Ramen and treats for Shippo. I make sure to throw in their gifts somewhere near the bottom so a certain fox couldn't find them so easily.
 
After packing I look around for Inuyasha and find he's no longer inside the house, which can only mean that he's already at the well house. Tossing my bag over my shoulder I head out and sure enough he's kneeling down beside the well peering inside like a curious little boy.
 
He smelled me almost instantly, I wouldn't have expected any less, and when I joined him beside the well he swooped me into his arms and jumped in with no hesitation. The sudden intimacy relaxed me and gave me hope that maybe he would still act the same way even as a half demon.
 
I clutched his robe tighter and breathed in his scent that will never be erased from memory. Unfortunately he straightened up immediately and I was left feeling like I'd done something wrong.
 
When he jumped out of the well we were definitely back in feudal Japan. The comfort of this time was short lived however when Inuyasha stumbled and fell to his knees letting me fall not too gently.
 
Untangling myself from my bag I rushed to him and find him sweating, panting and with a bad fever. He clutched his chest and I realized it was his old wounds. “Inuyasha lie down, I need to look at your chest.”
 
“What the hell for?” His voice much harsher than he'd spoken in a long time.
 
“Your wound Inuyasha, from the other night when we were attacked, I need to make sure it's not reopened.”
 
He didn't seem to be complying so I forced him on his back and tried to be as gentle as possible as I untied the robes. Unfortunately my suspicions were true; his wounds were oddly purple and slowly opening with sign of infection.
 
Taking out my medical kit I rebandaged them, noticing that while Inuyasha's gaze was wavering in pain, it never left my actions.
 
How strange that for two whole weeks there wasn't any evidence of the wounds reopening and now they appeared almost fresh. After putting away the supplies I noticed Inuyasha was already standing up behind me tying his shirt.
 
“We have to ask Kaede about your injury. I don't understand why it's like this, I thought for sure after two weeks you'd be completely healed.”
 
He froze and his eyes locked onto mine sending a chill through my spine. “What the HELL do you MEAN TWO WEEKS?”
 
His tone was cold and angry, and I was more confused now than ever. “Inuyasha just forget it okay? I have a headache; we'll talk about it with Kaede.”
 
All I got for a response was a nod and a cold stare, but it was all the acceptance I needed as we made our way to Kaede's.
 
Looping my bag over my shoulder we walked in silence, both of us caught up in our thoughts, so much that I unfortunately fell into our old habits of walking together hand in hand.
 
When my hand clasped around his he stiffened again and pulled his hand back as if I had stung him. That in itself was a slap in my face.
 
“What'd you do that for?” he asked.
 
“Sorry- I don't know what came over me,” I forced out making sure to keep my face out of his view and increased our pace. I wrapped my arms around myself as if to console the hurt I felt but it didn't seem to do any good.
 
When we were within eight feet from the hut a red/orange ball of fur came catapulting out of the hut and launched itself at me. Shippo immediately began demanding if I had been okay and if Inuyasha had treated me okay.
 
“Of course I was brat!” was shouted followed by a bump that was Shippo's new knot on his head.
 
Inuyasha was apparently already tired of Shippo's mouth and had already moved his way in the hut and to the farthest wall of the hut. He sat down arms crossed and eyes closed. Translation: Leave me the hell alone.
 
“Are you okay Shippo?” I asked trying to pry him off and get circulation running again.
 
“Yeah, that big jerk! I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” Siffle. “But I guess I should have known better, because you two seem to get along a whole lot better when he's human.”
 
“Inuyasha was up instantly, “Where the hell is that old hag?”
 
Sango, who had been standing silently behind us, responded quickly, “She'll be here shortly; she only went to get some more medicinal herbs.”
 
Seeing that apparently that wasn't the right answer, Miroku jumped in, “Perhaps it would be best if I went to assist her quick return.”
 
“Yeah monk, you do that.” Was his snide response.
 
As Miroku walked out of the hut he stealthily grabbed Sango and dragged her out as well. They returned quickly as promised and I was grateful, during their absence Inuyasha had yet to stop staring at me with an icy glare I'd almost forgotten existed.
 
Kaede was rushed in and was instantly assaulted, “Okay you old hag what in the hell is going on?!”
 
“Inuyasha it is good to see you are doing well. Lie down so that I can inspect your wounds.”
 
“Why does everyone want to keep checking them, for fuck sake they're still fresh it only happened two nights ago!”
 
The room was as silent as it was still. No one said a word and this seemed to only infuriate the hanyou more.
 
“Somebody tell me what's going on! What aren't you telling me?”
Did he really NOT remember? Our kiss?
 
“Inuyasha I regret to inform you that it has not been two days since the attack, it has been two weeks.” Kaede spoke; brave enough to tell him what we could not.
 
The half demon was apparently floored, his jaw dropped and eyes vacant. When he seemed to come back to some reality, he turned to me giving me a long hard look before storming out of the hut without a single word to anyone.
 
*******~~~~~~~~********
 
I know….. I know, it isn't exactly very long, but I promise this is going somewhere.