InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Mistletoe ❯ Under the Mistletoe ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Under the Mistletoe
By Majicman55
 
Okay, okay. I do not own any part of InuYasha. I just like to play with the characters.
 
Kagome looked out her window at the rapidly falling snow. It was already deep enough to overtop her snow boots and didn't show any sign of stopping soon. Her grandfather, having already swept the shrine steps twice, had taken something for his back and settled down with some hot tea and some ancient scrolls. At least Souta was enjoying himself since the afternoon sun had warmed things up enough that he could roll the snow up to make a snow fort. And…did that snowman look a little like InuYasha?
 
Her brother practically worshipped the hanyou.
 
Kagome harrumphed and then settled back down. The truth was, she practically worshipped InuYasha, too…at least when he wasn't being a big jerk.
 
But InuYasha had actually been nice this time when she explained why she wanted to go home. True, there were no current rumors concerning Naraku. And, also true, Sango and Miroku had been rather banged up on their last adventure and needed rest. Yet Kagome felt that InuYasha had truly listened to her story about Christmas, and how it was a time you wanted to spend with your family, and that was why he had let her go with almost no protest.
 
Almost no.
 
 
******Flashback******
 
 
“Keh! I guess you can go home for this kriss-mahss.”
 
“Thank you, InuYasha!”
 
The hanyou blushed as Kagome hugged him in heartfelt thanks. “Feh. Don't push it. I expect you back all the earlier the day after!”
 
“I will be! Oh, thank you!” Kagome hugged InuYasha again.
 
“Feh.”
 
Kagome stepped back as a realization crossed her mind. “InuYasha?”
 
“What is it now?”
 
“I just realized. I've told you about Christmas and how families spend this time together, and now I'm leaving you all alone so I can spend time with my family.”
 
“Feh. I don't think Sesshomaru will be up for a family get-together, unless it involves katanas, maybe.”
 
Kagome took InuYasha's hand in hers. “Why don't you spend Christmas with m…my family?”
 
Both of them blushed. “I…I'll think about it.”
 
And with that, InuYasha had left her standing by the well as he headed back to the village.
 
 
******End Flashback******
 
 
That had been yesterday. Today was Christmas Eve and there was no hanyou in sight. At least not yet. Kagome looked down into the shrine grounds. Souta was half finished with his snow fort…and, darn it, that snowman did look like InuYasha, right down to the broken broomstick it was using for a katana.
 
Kagome sighed. If only it was InuYasha! She sighed again. Might as well go downstairs and help her mother with the decorations.
 
“Oh there you are,” said Mama Higurashi. “I thought you were going to stay up there all day, pining for your InuYasha.”
 
“Mama!” Kagome blushed. “It's not like he's my boyfriend or anything.”
 
“Uh-huh.” Mama indicated a tree and several boxes near it. “Time to get to work, dear.” She smiled as Kagome opened boxes and got out lights, tinsel and ornaments. Mrs. Higurashi's late husband had started the tradition of having a Christmas tree just two years before he died. Enjoying the delight of their children at Christmas brought back some fond memories.
 
“Why are you blushing, mom?” asked Souta, who had come inside to get warm.
 
“It's nothing, dear. Let me get you some cocoa.” She couldn't very well tell Souta that he had been conceived under the Christmas tree.
 
“Yes, why are you blushing, mama?” echoed Kagome.
 
Mama gave Kagome an “I'll get you later” look and headed to the kitchen to make Souta his hot chocolate.
 
As she finished stirring the cup and handed Souta his hot cocoa, a wicked thought crossed her mind. “This calls for one more shopping trip,” she thought.
 
Mama Higurashi returned to the living room where Kagome had gotten the lights on the tree and was now looping garland over the branches. “I have to go out, dear. One more thing to buy.”
 
“Okay, mama.”
 
 
******************
 
 
By the time Mrs. Higurashi returned, Kagome, with some help from Souta, had finished decorating the tree. It did look nice. She smiled when she saw that Kagome had given prominent position to her ornament of the little white dog in its red sweater and Santa hat. Well, she had something of her own to hang around her house, and there was no time like the present.
 
Shopping at the last minute like that, she had had to search high and wide for what she wanted…and she had finally found it at a little, out of the way shop that also promised working love spells and the like. Certainly the woman in charge seemed old and wise, and the very air in the shop seemed to crackle with power. Mrs. Higurashi shook her head, got a chair and some thumbtacks, and paid a visit to almost every doorway in her house. When she was done, she smiled as yet another wicked thought crossed her mind.
 
The children were having a snowball fight, so she'd have the time. Quickly, she ran upstairs and removed the mistletoe from Kagome's doorway. She looked into the room. Now, where would it do the most good? Over the window for when InuYasha came in? No.
 
Hmmm. Now there was the perfect spot.
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome and Souta came back into the house to find their mother smiling and making more hot cocoa.
 
“Who won the battle?”
 
“Kagome did,” grumbled Souta. “But she cheated!”
 
“How did Kagome cheat?”
 
“There was this pink glow coming from her hands and everywhere she touched my snow fort, it melted!”
 
Kagome was looking a little embarrassed. “I probably shouldn't use my miko powers that way, but it was harmless.”
 
“Harmless!” shouted Souta. “I've practically got frostbite from all that ice-cold water!” The boy began shivering despite the hot cocoa.
 
Mama knitted her brow. “Souta, you go upstairs and take a hot bath.”
 
“But I wanted a bath!” protested Kagome.
 
“You can wait, dear,” said Mama. “Maybe you could use your miko powers to warm up.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Mama Higurashi watched as Kagome washed the dishes from supper. Kagome seemed to sigh as she finished each dish.
 
Mama also noticed that Kagome was looking out the window over the sink and towards the well house. It was dark out and InuYasha was yet to show up. Mama Higurashi frowned. Her shopping trip might go to waste.
 
Suddenly Kagome gave a little exclamation of delight and there was the sound of a breaking dish. “I'm sorry, mama. I just saw a blue glow from the well house!”
 
Mama smiled as her daughter practically bounced up and down. “Well, then, you'd better g…”
 
Kagome was gone already.
 
Not more than three seconds later, Mama heard a muffled “oomph” followed by a string of invectives that would make a sailor proud.
 
The two entered the house together.
 
“Well, I'm here, ain't I?”
 
“You could have come sooner, InuYasha.”
 
“The old hag needed some medicinal herbs for Sango and Miroku.”
 
“I guess it's alright, then.” Kagome stopped pouting. “At least you're here now.”
 
Mama Higurashi smiled and made InuYasha a cup of hot chocolate. Her shopping trip would not go to waste.
 
 
******************
 
 
“You bring a fu…I mean, you bring a tree into your house?” InuYasha had suddenly remembered Kagome's request that he not swear so much in front of her mother. Of course, Kagome's glare and the trembling of her lips as she was about to sit him helped remind the hanyou.
 
“Yes, we bring a tree into the house. It's a western custom we adopted. We decorate it. You'll notice there are packages under it. Those are presents we give each other. Didn't I tell you about this?”
 
“Y-Yes.”
 
Mama Higurashi couldn't help chuckling at how her daughter had cowed the mighty InuYasha. “Perhaps you would like to learn about another Christmas custom.”
 
“Feh.”
 
“You might like this one.”
 
“Mama?” said a confused Kagome.
 
“It's the custom concerning mistletoe.”
 
“Mistletoe,” thought Kagome. “What is it about…oh no!”
 
“If you look over our doorways, you'll notice a sprig of mistletoe has been hung over each.”
 
“Feh. So?”
 
“If you stand under mistletoe, you will have to kiss Kagome.”
 
“K-Keh???”
 
“It's the tradition, InuYasha.”
 
“Feh. This is ridiculous.” The hanyou got up and attempted to walk through the nearest doorway.
 
“Attempted” being the operative word.
 
There was a pink flash and InuYasha was still in the room, sitting on the floor and shaking his head. “What was that?”
 
Mama Higurashi frowned. Sure, mistletoe was a Christmas tradition, but she had never heard about anything like this. She turned to her daughter. “Kagome, you try it…but be careful.”
 
“Okay, mama.” Again there was a pink flash and this time Kagome was sitting on the floor and shaking her head. “It's a barrier.”
 
“Really?” said Mrs. Higurashi as she got up and walked to the doorway. Tentatively, she placed her fingers where she imagined the barrier to be.
 
Nothing.
 
She tried walking through the door.
 
Nothing happened. She walked out with no problem.
 
“Oi, it must be gone,” declared InuYasha.
 
The hanyou was sitting back on the floor momentarily. Kagome helped InuYasha up and, presently, they were both standing by the offending doorway.
 
“We'll just have to kiss, InuYasha.”
 
“Feh.” InuYasha started drawing Tetsusaiga. “I'll just cut through the wall.”
 
“Not in my house you won't,” declared Mama.
 
“InuYasha…”
 
“Okay, okay.” InuYasha put Tetsusaiga away. “Stupid custom.”
 
“What? You find kissing me offensive?”
 
“N-No. Of course not! I'd love to…I mean…”
 
“What do you mean, InuYasha?” said Mama from the next room.
 
“I…uh…I mean…uh…forget it! I'll kiss her, okay?” InuYasha looked back at a slightly-blushing Kagome, who was puckering up by the doorway. Finally, the hanyou placed one hand on each of Kagome's upper arms, leaned over and kissed her.
 
Well, it was more like a “peck,” actually.
 
The mistletoe wasn't buying it. While they weren't thrown back, they weren't allowed to pass through, either.
 
“Feh. It didn't work.”
 
“I think you have to kiss more than that,” said Mama.
 
“Thanks a lot, mama,” said Kagome. “InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha gulped and held Kagome again. Again he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. “Just a little more, huh?” he thought.
 
Kagome and InuYasha leaned into the barrier as they kissed. It wasn't throwing them back, anymore, but it wasn't letting them through, either.
 
Kagome decided it was up to her if they were ever going to leave the room. She drew her arms out of InuYasha's grasp and wrapped them around his neck, pulling him into a deeper kiss. Oddly enough, the reluctant hanyou's arms naturally wrapper themselves around her back as he joined her effort to pull themselves closer.
 
The barrier weakened even more. It felt to InuYasha as though he could push his way through now by force.
 
But he didn't do it.
 
He rationalized that if he tried to force it, he might damage the house, so he would make the sacrifice of kissing Kagome…speaking of which, why was she licking his lips. It kind of tickled, so he opened them and…
 
“Kami!” he thought. “What is she doing?” It felt good. But why did she keep pulling her tongue back? Tentatively, he followed her motion with his own tongue…only to feel a delightful sensation as Kagome pulled his tongue into her own mouth.
 
InuYasha had only enough time to discover how good Kagome tasted when…
 
<WHUMPPP>
 
…both were on the floor…in each other's arms…still kissing.
 
“I think you can stop making out with my daughter now.”
 
 
*****************
 
 
“See? That wasn't all that bad, InuYasha,” said Kagome.
 
“Feh.”
 
“And it did get you two out of the room, didn't it?” said mama.
 
“Keh. Well, now that that's done…”
 
InuYasha walked back into the living room. Or tried to.
 
<WHUMPPP>
 
“What the fu..?
“InuYasha! Osuwari!”
 
<WHUMPPP>
 
“Bitch! What was that for?”
 
“You were going to swear in front of mama.”
 
“Oh dear.”
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome turned to Kagome's mother.
 
“It looks like you two are going to have to kiss every time you want to go to a different room.”
 
Kagome and InuYasha glared at each other. “No way!”
 
“Oh well.” Mama Higurashi smiled. “Suit yourselves.” Mama walked through the doorway and continued on to her room, where she got ready for bed. “They'll work it out,” she thought, and giggled.
 
 
******************
 
 
An hour later, Mrs. Higurashi woke up to a great commotion moving through her house. It finally settled down when she heard Kagome and InuYasha talking outside Kagome's room.
 
She poked her head out the door. “You two okay?”
 
“Feh. Yeah.”
 
Mama pulled back into her room and shut the door. She had noticed that the hanyou's hair was considerably more disheveled than usual and her daughter's skirt had somehow turned completely around to the point she was wearing it backwards.
 
Looked like those two were “working it out.”
 
Kagome leaned into InuYasha's chest as the hanyou examined the doorway to her room. “Feh. At least she didn't put one here.”
 
“Wonder why.”
 
The two entered Kagome's room and shut the door behind them. As usual, the hanyou would sleep on the floor while Kagome took the bed. InuYasha was a perfect gentleman, not looking as Kagome changed into her pajamas. Finally, Kagome was ready and climbed into bed.
 
Or tried to.
 
<WHUMPPP>
 
“Ow! Oi, watch it, clumsy girl!”
 
Kagome looked up. Yeah, there it was. She pointed to the ceiling. “It's not my fault, InuYasha.”
 
“Keh. You're kidding.”
 
“I want to sleep in my bed!”
 
“Take it easy.” InuYasha pondered the situation. “I'll just kiss you till you're in bed and then pull back and sleep on the floor.”
 
“Won't work.”
 
“Huh?”
 
“How do I get out of bed in the morning?”
 
“Oh…yeah.”
 
“You'll just have to sleep with me.”
 
InuYasha's eyes got very wide. “S-S-Sl-Sleep?”
 
“Not like that, hentai!” hissed Kagome. “Look, all we have to do is kiss, okay? Then go to sleep.”
 
“O-O-Okay.”
 
InuYasha and Kagome stared at each other for a moment, and then began to kiss as they had before. The barrier around the bed began to weaken, but wouldn't let them through.
 
“Damn it.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
“I'm sorry, InuYasha. And I asked you not to swear.”
 
“Feh.”
 
“Maybe we just need a little more…passion.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
The little miko pulled the hanyou into a deep, open-mouthed kiss, and the two fought for dominance.
 
The barrier seemed to bend a little more, but didn't break.
 
Almost unconsciously, InuYasha's hands drifted down Kagome's back until he found himself cupping her buttocks. He gave them a little squeeze and the barrier yielded a bit more.
 
“It seems to be working, InuYasha. More.”
 
InuYasha removed one hand from Kagome's butt and ran it up under her shirt to cup one breast.
 
The barrier yielded even more.
 
The hanyou almost yelped when he discovered that Kagome had made a discovery of her own: the fact that he was incredibly hard. Her delicate hand had reached inside his clothes and was now gently stroking him.
 
The barrier allowed them to sit on the edge of the bed.
 
A few minutes later, Kagome wondered when her pajama top had come off. She didn't remember it coming off, but she was happy it had. She looked at InuYasha. He was missing a few items, too.
 
The barrier had allowed them to recline three-quarters of the way onto her bed, but not the whole way. She silently remonstrated with herself over not wearing panties as her pajama bottoms slipped off with InuYasha's help. She looked up to find InuYasha removing the last vestiges of his own clothing.
 
The hanyou snuggled up to her and she noticed that the barrier was now allowing the two of them to recline comfortable on her bed.
 
“I…I said `sleep,' InuYasha.”
 
“Feh.”
 
The disgruntled, yet somewhat relieved hanyou settled down behind Kagome, spoon-fashion.
 
Kagome pulled a cover over the two of them, just in case her mother walked in on them in the morning. After a few minutes, she whispered, “Can't you get that thing to go down?”
 
“Not around you, bitch.” InuYasha blushed as he realized what he had said. He was glad Kagome wouldn't be able to see it in her darkened room.
 
Kagome snorted; then smiled as she realized InuYasha had admitted the effect she had on him. She couldn't help giggling.
 
“What's so funny?”
 
“You do that to me, too.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah, really. Now, go to sleep.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome woke up Christmas morning having had the best dream. InuYasha had taken her virginity. Sure, it had hurt a little (okay, a lot, at first), but they had become lovers and…
 
Kagome knitted her brow. That's right. InuYasha was in bed with her. Maybe they weren't lovers (yet, she thought), but she could enjoy the closeness and warmth. They were still resting spoon-fashion and she imagined InuYasha was inside her.
 
After all, she could still feel InuYasha's hardness between her thighs. They must have slept that way all night. She smiled and pressed back against him…and paused. Why did it feel like InuYasha was sliding into her?
 
Kagome reached down under the covers.
 
Uh-oh.