InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Changes ❯ Old Memories and Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha, Or anyone other than the people I create, like Jinome and the boys. blah blah blah.
Chapter 2: Old Memories And Secrets
 
 
Inuyasha grabbed his left arm as the dissolved material fell to the ground, feeling the acid burn his skin; until it disappeared, slowly he let go of his arm.
 
“Heh, you think a little acid could hurt me?” they did not seem in the least bit worried about it, and they appeared to move into something resembling a formation.
 
Mikolen kneeled down behind his brothers and put both of his hands over the cement-covered ground, closing his eyes in concentration, the earth beneath them started to shake, and suddenly Inuyasha was sent falling to all fours.
 
Golden chains broke through the ground, and rapped themselves tightly around Inuyasha's arms and legs, pulling him down on his knees, his face jerked up as he looked at Jinome and his brothers.
 
“What the hell is this?” furious he pulled with all his might on the chains, trying to break their hold on him as he tried desperately to escape, what the hell is this, and what the hell do they want from us.
 
“Inuyasha!” Kagome started to run over to him.
 
“Not so fast Miko.” irritated Mikolen put his hands to the ground once more, though it did not shake this time.
 
Silver chains flew up from the hard ground and slithered through the air, binding her to one of the building's walls, her friends ran over to try to help but he pushed them away, knocking them off their feet a chain glided lazily through the air and rapped around them, binding them to each other.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha strained harder on the chains trying to reach her, he managed to stretch his arm out all the way for a second or two before it was ripped back by the tightness of the chains, if he hurts Kagome in any way shape or form I'll kill him, and that's a promise.
 
“Let her go, or else” He pinned an angry glare at Mikolen, his muscles tensing with every movement he made, rebelling against the chains hold.
 
“Or else what? I don't think you're in any position to be giving the orders here.” He let out a laugh as he watched Inuyasha strain at his bindings while growling fiercely with teeth firmly set and clenched.
 
“Why do you insist on trying to break free, half breed, those chains are unbreakable, and you wouldn't be able to pull them from the ground either, no matter how strong you are.” He wore a twisted grin as he watched, Kagome had started squirming and out of the corner of his eye he could see her trying to slip off the chains he had bound her with.
 
“There's no sense in trying to get out of those chains, once they have been placed only I can remove them.” He sighed with great boredom; I swear some humans' just wont stop fighting the inevitable.
 
“I'm going to rip your heart out you twisted basterd.” angrily straining the chains in hopes of breaking them, only to fail miserably, his body was starting to ware the more he strained, it was like the chains were taking the energy and demonic aura from him, absorbing it.
 
“So you don't like being called a half breed? I thought you would be used to it by now you filthy mutt.” Sirokol laughed as Inuyasha tried to use his claws, slicing at the air, trying to rip him to sheds, but the chains stopped him from doing any such movement.
 
“That's not nice, its not like you are any better than him, its not his fault he`s half demon, and half human!” Kagome's arms and feet were chained to the building loosely enough that she was able to move a foot away from the wall.
 
“You have a lot of nerve for a human, but lets just see how much confidence you and this mutt have after we get through with you.” Jinome's mouth twisted, he had a devious plan in store for the two, and was itching to put it to work, and now was the time to do it.
 
Jinome lifted his arm, pointed the palm of his hand at Inuyasha, and mumbled something that even the Hanyou couldn't understand with his enhanced hearing.
 
Inuyasha froze, his eyes turned white and vacant, glowing mysteriously, some sort of white powdery looking cloud came out of his mouth and in the middle of it, there was a young boy, about 3 years old, with silver hair, wearing a red kimono, running.
 
Every one gasped at the sight, Kagome watched in horror.
 
“You see I have a special power, that I am sure you will be quite fond of when I get through with you, you'll wish you'd never been born.” he laughed emptily, it sent shiver along everyone's spine, the only thing they could do was watch in sorrow as the events played before them.
 
 
Start of Memory
“That's it your doing great. Your handwriting is absolutely beautiful Inuyasha, I couldn't write that nicely when I was your age, you're learning so fast!” She complimented happily as he wrote her, and his own name out on a piece of parchment.
 
“You really think so? Its all thanks to you for teaching me.” Inuyasha wore a big smile on his face glowing at his accomplishment.
 
 
“Haha, stop - it - ahh hahaha” he fought for breath as his mother tickled him, she was the only one who could ever make him laugh.
 
“Ok, I'll stop.” His mother still laughing relaxed her arms and lay down on the grassy hillside and stretched.
 
 
“Mommy, what's a, half breed? he watched quietly as the villagers walked away.
 
“I am so sorry Inuyasha.” his mother's eyes were filled with tears of sorrow and remorse, as she hugged him.
 
“What's wrong mommy?” worried that he had said something to upset her he hugged her tighter.
 
“Its nothing.” She quickly wiped away the tears that where rolling down her cheek.
 
 
Inuyasha picked up three flowers for his mother, one was purple, one pink, and the last one was blue colored.
 
He was so happy that he urged his feet to carry him faster as he ran back through the forest towards the direction of his house, he had a smile on his face, his mother loved it when he brought her flowers, maybe I'll make her a bouquet one of these days.
 
But upon reaching the clearing and seeing his house however, his smile faded, and to his horror it was burning brightly. He dropped the flowers and ran to find his mother in the burning building, searching franticly.
 
In the far corner he found her body, she was still alive, but just barely, she had sever wounds and arrows piercing her body, she was drenched from head to toe in her own blood.
 
His ran to her side and tried to help her up, she pushed him away and told him to leave her, she lifted her head weakly and started to speak to him,
 
“Inuyasha you must leave this village before they find you, you must get far away from here, if you ever come back, I am afraid the villagers might try to kill you too. Make sure no one finds out about your secret, please promise me Inuyasha.” Izayoyi pleaded with a fading voice.
 
“I promise, but where do I go?” He looked lost and worried.
 
“You must go to-“ Izayoyi her eyes started to close.
 
“Mother…mother wake up, please wake up!” he tried to revive the frozen form that was once his mother, but it was to late, she wasn't ever coming back.
 
He ran out of the building, trying to control the tears that threatened to fall, he took one look back at the burning house, and couldn't hold back the tears any longer.
 
But as he ran out of the house he found all of the villagers out side waiting, making sure that him and his mother perished in the fire, one of the children pointed him out and the villagers shot arrows at him as he ran, he was able to dodge them, and ran as far as he could until he finally stopped under an old oak tree.
 
Inuyasha had left the village far behind him and felt safe enough to slow down and take a rest, but as soon as he did, a horde of demons came charging after him, and he was forced to keep running, stopping only at a ledge that fell to into a river about 50 feet below, he was cornered, before the demons came into sight, he slipped under the ledge and dug his claws in the rock for support.
 
The demons looked over the ledge, seeing only rocks that fell into the river and concluded that he must have fallen in, so thinking that he had died, they turned and walked away.
 
Still clinging to the rock he climbed back up and ran off farther into the forest never stopping to rest.
 
As night fell, he was still running, afraid that someone would catch up to him, but he finally settled into a large tree on the very top branch, and drifted off to sleep, waking up every few hours, his senses growing stronger with every second and keeping him awake at every movement, sound, or scent that came to him.
 
Then finally he drifted off to a somewhat deep sleep as he whimpered, and shook all through the night, and every night after that…
 
End of memory
 
 
Inuyasha was a wreck, he twitched and jolted at nothing, shaking all over, his eyes showed the pain and suffering that he had been put through, he never thought that he would have to relive something as painful as that outside of his dreams, and since he met Kagome they seemed to have finally come to an end, even though it had haunted his dreams every night until then, it was even clearer now as he watched his past and his mother die right in front of his very eyes, it was even worse than reliving that day over and over again in his dreams.
 
Kagome could see something deeper in his eyes, could see all the sadness of a lost and lonely child that never had a normal childhood, carefree and loving, always tormented, never being able to just sit back and relax.
 
“Well that must have been a very pleasant part of your life Inuyasha, looks like everyone just loved your company, but for a different reason. Now you get hunted for revenge by demons whom of which you either killed their friends, family, or they just hate half breeds.” Jinome looked on with amusement.
 
A gasp escaped everyone as they watched his younger form shake and whimper himself to sleep, feeling sorry for him, their eyes had been locked on his memory amazed at how he survived, witnessing his mother die and the villagers trying to kill him, not able to do a thing about it.
 
By now the news crew had arrived and captured it all on TV, the reporters were trying to ask questions from the people standing frozen in the crowd, but they didn't say much in their state of shock, finally they gave up and decided to merely narrate what was happening in the middle of the crowded street way.
 
“Is that really how he grew up?” Kagome and their friends looked at Inuyasha with sorrow in their eyes, no wonder Inuyasha is so stand offish.
 
“That must be why he hates humans so much! The villagers they had lived with had killed his mother! His life was so hard, and no one even cared if he lived or died. He was so young but somehow he managed to live all these years alone, how terrible.” Kagome watched, her heart ached as she did so, looking at the man who was kneeling, letting out ragged breaths, looking so pitiful and vulnerable.
 
The news crews zoomed in on Inuyasha to get a better view, a few of the reporters were wondering what would happen next and hoping that they would be the first to reveal it to the public viewers.
 
 
 
Souta gave his video games a break and flipped on the cable box to watch the news, “In later news we have just found a strange event occurring down town in the main streets of Japan, a dog-like boy, a girl and her friends have been captured and chained by 3 newcomers, no one knows who they are and where they come from, what they are, or even what they want, but this group has put everyone in a panicking frenzy, people everywhere are frozen with fear at the sight of them.” The reporter pointed towards the struggling people in the middle of the street and their tormentors.
 
“Mama, grandpa, come quick Inuyasha, Kagome and her friends are all on TV! It looks like something bad is happening.” Souta shook a finger at the screen as the cameraman zoomed in, how come I there always fighting someone and I'm never around to witness it in person!
 
“Oh this doesn't look good for Inuyasha and Kagome, I hope they'll be ok.” Mama anxiously looked at the screen and twisted the cloth in her uneasy, and shaking hands.
 
“I'm sure whatever problem their facing, Inuyasha will protect our Kagome, we can be sure of that!” Grandpa looked at her with wisdom and encouraging eyes, I hope I'm right.
 
“Yes, I think your right, Inuyasha has been able to protect her so far, so why should this be any different.” Mama nodded at his and smiled worriedly, not able to keep the in the fear that showed in her eyes, fear for her daughter's life.
 
“It will be ok mama, Inuyasha has never let us down, and I'm sure he wont let any harm come to Kagome, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.” Souta trying to encourage his mother to stop fidgeting with the dish cloth.
 
“Thanks grandpa, and you to Souta, you guys made me feel a lot better.” She smiled at the two before once again focusing on he TV screen.
 
They watched it all happen, from beginning to end, Souta had put in a tape and recorded it all off the TV as they watched in amazement, at both Inuyasha, and Kagome.
 
“I hope that they make it out alright, it looks like their putting up the best fight they can from where they are.” Souta commented, his eyes had not moved from the screen, though he was used to it, playing video games came as an advantage in this case, for his mother and grandpa kept having to blink and look away for a few seconds focusing their eyes.
 
“Me to” His mother hugged him and sat on the couch, bringing him down with her to sit in her lap as they watched the television with interest.
 
The phone rang, “grandpa could you get that please?” the old man nodded and walked off into the kitchen to answer the phone, he lifted the phone oh its charger and pushed the talk button,
 
“Hello, Higurashi shrine, may I ask who this is?” he patiently waited the answer
 
“Its me your old buddy Devin, are you watching the news right now?” the voice was kind of deep, and concerned,
 
“Yes I'm watching it right now.” Mama let out a frightened, yet quiet, shriek,
 
“Grandpa get in here quick!” he looked through the entrance that connected the kitchen to the living room,
 
“I'm sorry Devin I'll have to get back to you later, good bye.” He slammed the phone back on its charger and jogged as fast as he could to the living room.
 
Jinome was watching Inuyasha's memories while he was shaking, and frightened as he was forced to relive those painful memories of his past life.
 
Kagome was yelling his name and trying to wiggle out of her chains and free herself, so that she might stop this torment, she was worried and frightened for Inuyasha, he was a wreck, twitching violently, his claws were dogging into the cement below him trying to keep himself from going insane.
 
Anxiety was sweeping over her and her friends as they were forced to watch the helpless hanyou suffer in the misery, and pain of his old life, grief was in everyone's heart at this point, they all seemed to feel his pain as they relived the his memories with him.