InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Universal ❯ universal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
once again fanfic lovers! Animeluvbaby is back with another one-shot. This is actually a story for one of my good friends, and I couldn’t help but turn it into an Inuyasha one-shot! So here it is, Animeluvbaby’s latest story: Universal! ENJOY ~_~!


DISCLAIMER: Inuyasha and all characters do not belong to me. Cookies goes to Rumiko Takahashi. If I did own, Kagome would have left Inuyasha’s two timing ass for Sesshomaru a long time ago! But the story is originally mine.

DEDICATION: This one is for my “brothers” Peter-niichan and Mathias of Nith. KICK ASS BOYS!!!!!!
Routine… that was all her life ever was. Everyday was the same; nothing changed, yet somehow she was content with her life. That was the way it was and she accepted it. She made no move to change. Every morning she would wake up at the same time, her life was extremely predictable. She would know what would happen before it happened. Then her day would end the same… she would go to bed in solitude. She had lost her parents in a car accident (amazing how many people lose their lives that way). She had no other relatives. So that left her to fend for herself.



She toyed with her pendant as her blue eyes drifted shut. It was a little habit she had picked up over the years. She would play with the thin egg-shaped locket often; a rose was etched in the front and when she opened the pendant, a small falcon would glide across the smooth surface inside. She bought it on a whim when she was thirteen and had not taken it off since (and she is nineteen now).



Her life was routine, but there was one aspect that she could not predict. She would look forward to going to sleep because that was where
he waited.




They stood before the dark lord himself: Naraku. He smirked at the boy. “Sesshomaru… so good to see you again. And this lovely young woman must have been the one who set you free? I should thank you. Now I am also free to wander.”



Sesshomaru growled and before he could throw himself at the man Kagome stepped between them, glaring coldly at the man. “What do you want?” she asked calmly. “Haven’t you had enough yet? You’ve broken him down once before, why must you keep going? Why do you want power so badly?”



The man chuckled darkly. “What can I say? I enjoy toying with people. I enjoy the cries and pleas as they beg for their lives. I love the chaos that I have caused. Call me a sadistic bastard if you would, but blood… that is what makes it worth it. Creating a darkness that surrounds even the most innocent beings brings me all the pleasure in the world. I love it. The world deserves to be in this living hell and I am the reaper who shall take them there!”



Both Sesshomaru and Kagome unsheathed their swords and pointed them at the man. “This is where it ends,” Kagome declared, all fear now vanished. “We will stop you here.”



Naraku chuckled darkly. “Really? Do you honestly think that some little girl and a worthless coward could ever defeat me? I am Naraku! I will crush you pathetic worms!”



He gathered a large ball of black energy in his palms and threw it at the two, who dodged it quite easily. Sesshomaru shouted for Kagome to stand back and cover him as he attacked. Kagome reluctantly nodded and sheathed her sword, materializing her bow in her hand and pulling the string before a shimmering crimson arrow appeared. She took aim at Naraku, ready to fire at any point.



Sesshomaru charged at Naraku, who did nothing but smirk at the young man’s rashness. Sesshomaru swung his sword at the man, but before it made contact with flesh, it was blocked by a sword that Naraku had created at the last second. The two men struggled against each other for a few seconds before they broke apart, slightly panting. Kagome continued to stand by, her deadly arrow aimed directly at Naraku’s heart, waiting for her opportunity. Naraku smirked. “Well, Sesshomaru… it seems that you have managed to get a little stronger in the years that we have been separated. But, you will never be strong enough to defeat me. You will always be that same pathetic weakling that you have always been.”



Sesshomaru growled before he launched himself at Naraku once again. Kagome was beginning to worry about Sesshomaru. He was never one to lose his cool, but seeing him like that really frightened her. What really happened between them all those years ago? Why was Naraku able to hit a nerve every time he spoke to Sesshomaru? It was not making much sense to her. She repositioned herself on the sidelines; her joints were beginning to get stiff and she did not know if she could wait much longer. She wanted that bastard gone as soon as possible. He had to pay for all the crimes he committed in the past and she was going to help Sesshomaru achieve his goal.



Sesshomaru thrust his sword forward and Naraku simply twisted his body slightly to avoid the tip of the blade; he then swung the blade to the right, catching Naraku off guard and slicing his arm. Naraku hissed in pain, but allowed his cold exterior to remain intact. He managed to stab Sesshomaru through the shoulder with his sword. Sesshomaru stumbled back from the force and clutched his bloody shoulder. Kagome instantly dropped her stance, and started to run toward Sesshomaru, concern evident on her features. “No! Stay back!” he ordered. She halted in her steps and he could not help but notice the small amount of tears in her eyes. He hated when she cried, she knew that. He smiled at her. “Don’t worry. I’ll be fine,” he assured her. “Just remember what you need to do.”



She nodded slowly and took her stance once again. The deadly crimson arrow was once again in place and she aimed straight for Naraku’s heart. Sesshomaru continued to strike him repeatedly as Naraku blocked every blow easily. Sesshomaru finally plunged his sword straight through Naraku’s torso. Naraku’s eyes filled with disbelief as he eyed the blade that was embedded in his lower abdomen. Finally, something in Naraku snapped and he blew the young man away in a sudden burst of power that sent Sesshomaru flying straight across the arena and into the wall, impaled by a stray spike jutting from the wall. Kagome’s eyes filled with horror. “SESSHOMARU!!!”




She did not remember when the dreams began… it was definitely after she had bought the pendant. She did not even understand why she was even having those dreams. However, she was glad that she was happy that she was having the dreams. They first met by a moonlit lake. She stared at the mystical scene before, marveling its beauty; her eyes filled with awe. The wind blew her hair around shoulders as a soft smile crept on her lips. She then felt someone’s presence behind her and she whirled around on him, taking a stance. She took a moment to observe the man: long, flowing silver hair that stopped at the crease of his knee; stunning golden eyes that could halt any woman in her tracks; she also noticed the markings on his face. She knew instantly that this man could not be human, but accepted anyway. He wore a simple white robe with a dark red sash. Even through the garment she could see his lean muscular build. The mysterious man chuckled to himself as he saw the defensive girl before him. “My, my we are certainly paranoid, aren’t we?”



Kagome never dropped her guard. “Who are you? And where the hell am I?”



The man smiled pleasantly. “This is my home. Now would you please relax? I wouldn’t do anything to hurt you.”



Her body slackened slightly, but she was still on guard. “Who are you?” she asked again



“My name is Sesshomaru,” he said with a respectful bow, taking a moment to observe her as well. Long ebony locks that stopped mid back, gorgeous, innocent blue eyes, athletic build, round childlike face… she was in one word, beautiful. “And you wouldn’t happen to be Miss Kagome would you?”



She completely dropped her guard at the mention of her name. “How do you know who I am?”



His smile broadened. “Then you are!” he knelt on one knee bowing low. “It is an honor to finally meet you, granddaughter of Isamu.”



“How did you know my grandfather?”



“My apologies, Mistress. I was once a disciple of Master Isamu. I was my sensei and mentor. He took care of me while on his travels and taught me most of everything I know. He told me that when the time comes to seek you out, for you are the key to finally ending the tyranny of a certain man that we have been after for some time now.”



Kagome’s mind was reeling with the information that she had just received. “Wait a minute… you mean that you know where my grandfather is!” she exclaimed. “Please! Tell me where he is! I need to see him again.”



Sesshomaru bowed his head deeper and looked apologetic. “Forgive me, Mistress, but Master Isamu was killed…”



Kagome felt her heart stop. “What?” she whispered.



“Forgive me… I was not able to protect him from Naraku.”



Kagome’s heart was broken, but she had trained herself to never show her pain. She maintained her composure and calmly asked. “Who is this Naraku person? Tell me everything from the beginning.”



Sesshomaru sighed as he began. “Naraku was once a benevolent ruler of my home country, the Western Lands. Master Isamu appeared there when I was about eight years old. He trained me in the art of swordsmanship and we had traveled to many lands, honing and refining our skills. We returned to my homeland about eight years later to find that my King had been tempted by evil and soon fell into the pits of darkness. Soon his people began to suffer and he killed many innocents. He even killed my entire clan. Master Isamu was furious and challenged my king in order to free the remaining survivors. They fought, but Master Isamu was never able to completely destroy Naraku. He only succeeded in sealing Naraku away… in the process, Naraku managed to get one more blow on Master Isamu, and succeeded in killing him before he was sealed away forever. I am sorry, Mistress Kagome. I was there and I was not able to do anything to help him.”



Kagome digested everything that Sesshomaru had just told her. “So Naraku is the one to blame for all of this. Tell me… where is this Naraku now?”



“The seal on Naraku has weakened. It will be a matter of time before the seal completely breaks and Naraku is free to roam once again.”



“Where?” Kagome demanded once again.



“Here, in Aki.”



Kagome’s fists clenched. “My grandfather said that I am the key to ending Naraku’s tyranny? Then Sesshomaru, teach me everything I need to know to face him.”




“SESSHOMARU!!” she screamed as she watched his body fall limply to the ground. She clutched her bow tightly. She asked any deity out there why this was happening. She wondered how everything could have gone from so perfect to utterly horrible in the blink of an eye. He was her guardian and he vowed to protect her with his life; she had promised that she would stay by his side and protect him as he protected her. She refused to allow him throw away his life. If we have to do this, then let’s come out of this alive! she had told him. She was the one who had set him free, she was chosen by Destiny to fight alongside him as the other half. That was her fate. Because she was Kagome, granddaughter of Isamu, the warrior god; she was the shining hope of a dying world. This was the way it was supposed to be.



She once again lifted her bow, her eyes glowed scarlet as she drew the string, making another crimson arrow appear in its wake. Releasing the string, it sailed through the air before landing square in Naraku’s chest, before disintegrating and leaving a large gash in his chest. Naraku glared at the woman before a barrage of crimson arrows penetrated his entire body. He collapsed on the floor filled with holes, and swimming in his own blood. She smirked as she collapsed on one knee from overexerting herself, panting heavily. She glared at his corpse before realization dawned on her. “Sesshomaru!” she dismissed her bow and ran to the boy’s side, flipping him over to gaze at his bloodied face. She cupped his cheek in her hand, tears filling her eyes. “Come on, wake up. You can’t leave me like this. Not after everything we have been through. Not like this,” he remained unresponsive. His body was getting cold, his skin pale. She smiled sadly, “You know I love you, right?”




“Very good, Mistress. You have progressed very much since we have began.”



“Sesshomaru, what have I told you about calling me ‘Mistress’? You know that I hate that.”



“I apologize… Kagome.”



She could not explain why her heart fluttered whenever he finally said her name. they had been meeting in her dreams for the past month and a half now, refining her skills. Though in the dream world, she retained what she learned the night before and was able to put it into practice the next day. Training her body to the limit until she collapsed on her bed to meet up with him again. She looked forward to falling asleep; she loved that he would be there waiting for her no matter what. He was the only thing in her life that was unpredictable and she loved it. Even though it was a month and a half, she had fallen for him. He was charming and kind, not to mention extremely good-looking. She cared for him a lot in the short time they had known each other.



“Sesshomaru, why can’t I ever see you in the real world?”



He smiled. “Because, I am trapped within the locket you wear. I am the falcon inside the pendant.”



Kagome gazed at the pendant around her neck. “Your soul is trapped inside of here?”



“When Master Isamu died, I sealed myself inside of there, hoping to find his granddaughter. Only she would be able to find the pendant and learn of what was inside. Once my mission of training you is complete, I am to be released from my prison and aid you in defeating him once and for all. Only then can my soul rest.”



“Sesshomaru, whatever happens, let’s get out of this together.”



He smiled. “Of course, Kagome.”



Her heart fluttered again… “Sesshomaru?”



He turned to her. “Hm?”



She snuggled closer in his chest and sighed contently. “Thank you.”



What he did next surprised her: he wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her face closer to his in a heart melting kiss…




She did not get to dwell in her sadness for long before she felt a sharp pain erupt where her heart used to be. Naraku had buried his sword to the hilt in her back. She coughed up blood and shakily turned to the smirking man behind her. “Now you die with him,” he breathed. Kagome stared at the blade that protruded through her body before she stood and removed the blade, causing the blood to pour from her wound. She took ragged breaths as she approached the weakened man his own bloodied blade in her hand, before she drew her own sword from its sheath.



“This is where you die bastard!” she screamed as he blades both glowed in her hands, one crimson the other blue. She plunged both blades into the man, one in his neck and the other in his heart. The man crumpled and all life left him at once. She had finally succeeded in avenging her grandfather and brought peace to her home. Everyone was finally free from that man. His body disintegrated and his ashes was carried away in the wind. Kagome collapsed, clutching her bloody wound, tears in her eyes. This is it. She thought sadly. This is where I die. Grandfather… I’ll see you soon.



Using the last of her strength, she crawled to Sesshomaru’s body and looked at the man she had fallen in love with. “We did it Sesshomaru. It’s over. Naraku’s gone. Please, rest in peace,” she leaned forward and kissed his lips before all life left her body. She never saw the tears in his own eyes and he mouth the words, “I love you,” before he too succumbed to the darkness of death.



When the couple was found, the people saw that they had indeed defeated Naraku. A grand funeral was presented for the couple who had saved them all and statues were erected in their honor. Their story was told to every child in the country. Their heroism would never be forgotten




Kagome slowly opened her eyes to find Sesshomaru smiling softly at her. “Feeling better?” he asked her.



She smiled at him. “So how is everyone doing today?”



“They think of you often. They love you for everything you have done. They still remember your kindness.”



Kagome got up to look out the window. “Look at them. So peaceful. Finally. They deserve it.”



“They love you so much, Goddess,” he wrapped his arms around her waist. “And so do I,” he captured her lips in a passionate kiss.




Kagome and Sesshomaru continued to watch over the people in their appointed place in heaven. The two were reunited after death and their love was allowed to blossom into eternity.







The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams…
--Eleanor Roosevelt




There you have it. I’m not obsessed about reviews, but if you would be so kind as to click the review button it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who have read and I hope you have enjoyed it.

And for those of you who have been waiting for me to finish my CCS fic On the Other Side don’t worry. I am still doing it I just have to redo the chapters, because when I reread it, I realized that some things were off and I skipped a lot of things. I came down with a severe case of writer’s block and couldn’t move forward. Plus, I am never satisfied with my work. I will be updating on that story very soon. Just hang on. Oh, and you may want to reread the chapters because I changed a few things. I hope it will be better.


JA NE!!! ~_~