InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unkown Title ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: Noticed
 
Kagome looked down at the basket ball that rolled to her feet on the hard wood floor of the school gym. The group of snickering teen boys just stood there, pushing him out.
 
“You threw it, you get it.” One boy said, if she could remember correctly, the boys name was Miroku. Black hair tied at the nape of his neck, piercing blue eyes and a look that any woman would be lucky enough to be drawn to.

Kagome kind of felt bad for the boy he pushed. The school hottie, the man every girl wanted on her arm as an accessory to show off. Yet not to love or care for. Silver hair that fell oddly to his waist and molten amber eyes. Well, she knew why he was the cutest. She stared at the dog like ears that sat on top his head. She's heard stories about him, Inuyasha, if memory comes to serve.
 
Though the stories weren't bad, he had a few girlfriends that always wanted his body, but he refused. It takes a true man to say no to something like that. Decent grades. At least he could graduate. His father owned the biggest company in all of Japan and was said that he was going to work and one day possibly take over with his older brother, or well half brother, after graduation. No matter how much they hated each other. This was decided after their fathers' death, a little longer than a year or so ago.
 
Sesshomaru was his name and a full demon like his father. She knew of him well, he sponsored many donations to the school, and had seen him out on the streets with his girlfriend, Kagura. Being newest of the student board and the only one with the courage to come close to him earlier that morning.
 
He walked over to her, idly scratching the back of his head. Drawing her gaze to the ball again, she bent down and picked it up, turning it a bit in her hands, before bringing her eyes back to the hanyou in front of her.
 
Being in the world where demons and humans lived together, it still wasn't often people saw one like him crossing the streets. Or any where as a fact.
 
“Sorry bout that, I think it bounced off someone's foot.” He whispered to her. They could hear the boys laughing.
 
She smiled and looked at his face, his eyes on the floor and his face dusted pink.
 
“Be truthful, Miroku threw it didn't he?” That gave him the confidence to look at her, he snickered, “How'd ya guess?” He asked as he stuck his hands in his pocket. He straightened out his back, only then did she realize how tall he really was.
 
`Wow, he's got to be at least six feet.' She thought, “I saw him toss it my way.”
 
Kagome extended her hands to pass him the ball. He smiled warmly, which is really rare. To anyone. But people had said that when he did smile, u[you just want to melt away. But they even say that he never smiled a real, genuine smile, his always seemed so cold and hard.
 
“I'm sorry bout that. The damn idiot thinks I have no life. Damn bastard needs to get a life of his own before picking on mine.” Scoffing over his shoulder to the group.

She giggled, “What about your girlfriend… um… Jasmine, Jessica, Jamie… Jenny that's it!”
 
“Keh. Broke up with her long ago. I'll admit, she's a nice girl…”
 
“But there are times when you've had enough of her. I know how that's like. I had a friend like that back at my old school.” Kagome finished his sentence.
 
“Your new here? It's no wonder I never met you before.” He looked at her as she dropped her gaze to the floor.
 
“Oi, Inuyasha ya gonna stand there and talk to her all day or are we gonna finish our game.” Koga, one of his friends called out. “Hey, if you don't mind, get me her number, she's kinda cute.”

Inuyasha looked over his shoulder and waved to them, as if saying hold on a minute, “Forget it you stupid scrawny wolf. Leave the girl alone.” He yelled, before turning his attention back to her. “I never got your name.”

”Kagome. My name's Kagome.” She smiled once more.
 
He nodded, “I'll remember that, Kagome.”

”Damn it, come on, we're waiting on you baka. You've got the ball.”

”Ya, ya I'm Comin, you freaking morons.”
 
He stole one more glance at her and gave her a gentle wave, before walking and breaking into a run, dribbling the ball past his friends, jumping and making a basket.
 
“Hey no fair.” Miroku called, obviously on the other team.
 
“Well you should be focusing more, instead of having your head in the clouds with those pretty girls.” Inuyasha called back.
 
Kagome watched for a moment longer, long enough to see him jump in the air and gram slam for another point. Lucky he didn't break the glass or any thing, but the minute he landed, she felt the floor shake slightly. The strength he possessed was amazing to her.
 
She had her hand on the door by this time now, and she pushed it open and walked in her direction home. She was still new to the area, but the very least she knew how to get home.
 
“Man, why did they live so far from the school. Maybe this is Tsubaki's cruel joke.” She said to herself. Her stepmother Tsubaki was never very kind to her. If any thing she hated poor Kagome. And every time something would happen, her step sister, Kikyo, would do any thing in her power to get her in trouble.
 
“Sigh' the longer it takes to get home the better.” She walked in silence, her bag bouncing gently on her knees.
 
First month back in Tokyo and third day in school, and she had no idea where anything was any more. Thank god there was a McDonalds on her way. She stepped through the doors of the fast food restaurant and ordered a whopper meal and a large coke. Paying the cashier she grabbed her food and sat down. Putting her bag down and taking her time eating.
 
A few minutes had passed and a pair of girls came through. Talking loud yet softly at the same time.
 
One of them looked exactly like Inuyasha, same color hair and eye color, but her features were gentler than his were. And the other girl had brown hair tied at the top of her head, and brown eyes that complemented her face.
 
She knew of the female hanyou, her name was Konohanasakuya. She knew why she was named that, she really was a beauty. And if that's her, then the girl next to her must be Sango, one of her best friends.
 
“Oi, Kyo. You back there today?” Konohanasakuya called as she leaned over the counter.
 
“Hana be careful not to fall this time.” Her friend said next to her.
“Good morning ladies, what'll it be today?” A man that seemed to be a bit older asked them, brown hair with black streaks and sapphire eyes, his full name was Kyoudo.
 
“The usual, that's all.” Konohanasakuya said to him. He leaned over to steal a kiss from her, “Comin right up, baby.”
 
So they stood at the counter for just a minute. When they got their food Konohanasakuya, gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked to a table.
 
They walked by Kagome, stopping for a moment and looked at her uniform, “Excuse me, sorry for bugging you, but are you new here?” Konohanasakuya asked her.
 
“Yes, I am.” Kagome didn't know how to talk to them.
 
“You mind if we sit with you?” Sango asked leaning over the table a bit,
 
Kagome smiled lightly, “Not at all, go ahead.”
“Hi, I'm Konohanasakuya Taisho, and this is Sango Shizuma” She said, properly introducing and bowing to her slightly, before sitting on the other side of the boot.
 
“You can call me Hana.” Konohanasakuya said.