InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Dogs, Cats, Wolves, and Humans ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Forgot to mention it in the first chap, I'm trying to restrain from the Japanese words-sorry Japanese lovers-cuz I remember how frustrating it was seeing japanese words and phrases in fics before I learned it. Besides, I'm just too lazy to put in a dictionary:D
 
On to the story:
 
 
 
 
Neko awoke and looked around. Looking up, she saw clear blue sky. `Weren't we just in a well-house at the old man's shrine?' Standing up and dusting herself off, also making sure she wasn't injured and neither of them were bleeding or broken anywhere, she noticed strange markings on her wrists. “Mai. Mai! Wake up! Something wierd's going on here!”
 
The short-haired girl stirred momentarily, and mumbled something about wanting more ramen noodles before she woke fully and stood up. “What is it, Neko? Oh, cool! We're not hurt and you got a tattoo.”
 
“That's okay, Sherlock. We've got tails and glowing body parts too. Isn't that awesome?” she asked, feigning calmness and normality before she started yelling. “What the Hell is wrong with you?! This is not exactly `normal'!!”
 
Mai looked down at her shoe which had a slight purple light emanating from the center of it. “Cool. Now I can save money on night lights.”
 
“Take this seriously. Wait, never mind. Let's just get out of here and figure out what is going on.”
 
 
 
InuYasha put down his ramen and stood, running out the door, heading towards the well.
 
“InuYasha! What is it?!” Kagome shouted, following after him with her bow.
 
 
“The demon's moving now!”
 
 
 
Finally pulling Mai out of the well, the two sat at the edge of it on the grass. “What's this all about?” Mai asked. “Unless it's a park or preserve, we ain't got trees like this near us. I hope Miki's alright.”
 
They walked around the clearing for a short while, stopping when they would hear noises, or one would come up with a scenario for what had happened to them. “Somethin' smells really funky and the smell's gettin' stronger, Neko.”
 
On cue, InuYasha jumped into the clearing yelling, Tetsusaiga poised above him, ready to strike down at the oblivious green/brown-eyed girl below him. “Mai, you idiot! Move!” Neko was getting out of the way of the guy with the weird ears when her friend let it register there was someone trying to kill her and got out of the way.
 
Tetsusaiga struck the earth when Mai yelled, “What's your problem, you stupid mutt?!”
 
Just then Kagome caught up to the scene and stopped next to InuYasha. “Whoa. InuYasha...does that look like...a girl Kouga to you?”
 
“Yeah, she's a wolf-demon. The other one's a cat. What the Hell they're doing together, your guess is as good as mine.”
 
“Why the Hell are you trying to kill me, you stupid dog?! What did I do?! I JUST freaking GOT here!”
 
Recognizing the uniforms they wore, the same one she was wearing, Kagome asked, “What year is it?”
 
“Huh?' The question caught both off guard
 
Neko answered her. “2003. Why?”
 
“Um...how do I explain this? You're from my school, and I guess you probably came through the well. We're five hundred years in the past.”
 
Both girls let their jaws drop.
 
 
 
After a couple hours of explaining the well, the past, the shikon jewel, and Kagome finally convincing InuYasha that they were not threats to the village or them, everything had almost been sorted out. “The only thing I don't undersand,” Kagome started. “Is how you made it through the well. I'm the only one that can go through it, and for some reason InuYasha can, but not one else. Maybe it's the jewel shards you have.”
 
“Oh! You mean that purple thingy thats glowin' outta my foot, right?”
 
“You can see it?”
 
“Yeah. But I can't see the one Neko has.”
“Okay, so you're not priestesses.”
 
“Jewel shards? Kagome, they have jewel shards?” InuYasha asked eagerly. Action had been lacking recently, with the inability to locate any shards in weeks.
 
“Yeah. Neko has one in her hand, and Mai has one in her foot.”
 
“Give me that shard!” He grabbed Neko's hand, not seeing the punch that came from the other hand to his head, or the kick that hit him in the spine from the other girl.
 
“SIT!!!!”
 
The girls laughed when he slammed face-first into the dirt. “That's what you get for touching her,” Mai said, her voice livid with some anger none of them recognized.
 
“Kagome!” A tornado screamed, before ceasing its movement and standing next to Kagome, revealing in the clearing dirt a well-known wolf demon. “How's my woman doing?” He wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her up next to him.
 
Everyone could see her desperation to get away, “Kouga, we've had this talk before. I'm not your woman! I have to agree to that first! And I really don't think I will!”
 
“In time you will. I promise you that, Kagome,” he stood proudly next to her, still not letting her go, but he sensed the foot coming from behind him. He grabbed it and flipped the other demon, making her twist in mid-air and land hard on her back., “You need some training before you try to fight anyone, Girl.”
 
“My name is not `Girl', its Mai. And talk about training,” she started on her rant as she stood. “You need to learn not to treat women so horribly. She said no. Get over it. You can force her to do something if you're human scum like that, or you can be decent and respect her wishes...”
 
She kept going while Neko apologized for her, “She's not actually talking to any of us right now. It's personal. She's kind of in her own world right now.”
 
“Well, she's determined enough, it seems. I can train her for a price,” Kouga replied with an evil grin. Giving Kagome a kiss on the cheek, he picked up the still-ranting-Mai in his arms and disappeared in his signature tornado.
 
“Did I say he could take her?” Mai screamed. “I don't think so! Where the Hell is he going with Mai?”
 
“Geez, wench. You own her or somethin'?” InuYasha asked, pulling himself from the dirt finally.
 
“No.” Neko looked to the ground with despair written on her face. “Since we met we really haven't ever been separated for anything.”
 
“Kouga's good on his word. He'll train her to use her new abilities, and in the meanwhile, we can work with you to learn yours since we don't really know any cat demon's other than the one we helped out with the barrier. But that village is too far away from here to have them help. I wonder how they're doing? Those kids were so cute!”
 
“Kagome, you're off subject,” InuYasha scolded.
 
“Oh!” She laughed. “Sorry about that. Well, let's go talk to Kaede and see what she knows.”
 
 
 
 
Mai finally finished her rant right about the time they reached the mountain where Kouga and his tribe lived and looking at her surroundings, starting yelling again, “What the Hell?! Did I say you could take me anywhere?! I don't THINK so!!”
 
“Can you please stop that?”
 
“Stop what?” she asked, folding her arms and turning her back on him, hiding the infuriated look on her face.
 
“The yelling!” He yelled at her, seeing her wince.
 
“Yeah, I get the point. I'll stop. But you have to answer some questions.”
 
The wolf prince smirked, “Ask, then maybe I'll answer.”
 
Mai turned to face him, still looking livid. “Who are you? What are you? Where am I? What am I? Why am I here? Where's Neko? And what the Hell do you want with me?”
 
“I'm Kouga. I'm a wolf-demon. This is the mountain where my pack and I reside. You're a wolf-demon. You're here to train. Who's Neko? And I am the one training you. That good?”
 
“New question: How am I a wolf-demon? Like an hour ago, I was completely human. I didn't even know real demons existed.”
 
“I don't know how you became one. I just know you are one. And what do you mean you didn't know demons exist? There are more demons than humans!”
 
“Not where I come from. Where I come from, demons are either non-existent, or are really good at playing `Hide-and-Seek'.”
 
“What do you mean `non-existent'? Where do you guys come from?”
 
Mai sat on the ledge of the mountain, next to the river that turned into a waterfall on the same ledge. “This is taking longer than I expected,” she sighed. “According to Kagome, the well Neko and I fell through brought us five hundred years into the past. Which means we are from five hundred years in the future. SO...when do I get to go back to my group?”
 
“I'll take you back whenever,” he promised.
 
“Damn!” she jumped up to her feet. “In that case, I think I wanna go now.”
 
He stood with her, “How about this: promise me three days to teach you basics; Just knowledge you need to survive. You said yourself that an hour ago you were human, which means you don't know how your body works anymore. You need all the help you can get. How about it?”
 
She let out a large breath, “Fine. I guess your right. Three days then. That's it.” She pulled her pack of cigarettes out of her pocket and pulling one out, she lit it while watching the quizzical look on Kouga's face. She exhaled the smoke and then asked, “What? What is it?”
 
His quizzical look turned to a disapproving one as soon as the smell of it overtook his senses, “What is that? And why does it stink?”
 
“It's a cigarette. They're bad for you, but I really don't care. I like them anyway,” she took another hit.
 
Kouga reached into her pocket and grabbed the hard case he'd seen her take a `cigarette' out of, opened it, and threw it into the river below, along with the one she was currently smoking.
 
“What the shit, Man?! Do you know how much those cost?”
 
“No more of this. It stinks and I don't want my home smelling like that. Besides, if its bad for you, you shouldn't do it if you're training.” He turned around and motioned for her to follow him to the cave below.
 
“This sucks,” she mumbled. “No Neko, no nicotine.”