InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Voices Of a Distant Star ❯ Stage One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
 
 
 
Voices Of a Distant Star
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: No, I do not own this plot, nor do I own the chars. The plot came from a movie called Voices Of A Distant Star. You should see it. It's wonderful!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I was young . . . I believed what I was told; That when you called someone, they would be there. That they would hear you. But I call . . . and I never reach anyone.

 
 
 
 
Hello? Is... Anybody there? I'm so lonely. Inuyasha... I'm coming home. Okay?

 
 
 
Where am I?

 
 
Oh... that's right. I'm out of area...

 
 
 
-Voices of a Distant Star-

 
X
 
 
X
 
 
X
 
 
 
Inuyasha! Wait! Wait up! Kagome called as she race down the school stairs.

Well hurry up. A male voice responded back to her plea. So... what did you make? He asked whenever she got to him.

What do I always make on final exams?

Same high school then?

You betcha! I can't wait! Oh look! Kagome cried looking up towards the setting sky. Wow... it's beautiful. Is it one of ours?

No... U.N ship I think. Where do you think it's going? Inuyasha asked.

Mars probably. You know, after the whole Tarsian attack and everything. They were last seen there.

Oh really? Inuyasha spoke while stopping his bike at the railroad tracks, listening to the annoying sound that warns you if a train is coming.

Look She whispered right into his ear pointing up at the galaxy ships, which were shooting across the setting sky. That's me. I'll be up there someday. You watch. I will be She spoke gripping his shoulders as he started to pedal hers and his weight up the hill to the old bus stop.

 
X
 
 
 
 
X
 
 
 
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Kagome]
 
Space. It was beautiful to Kagome. She was so happy. Finally. She was here. She was in space. Just like she told him she would be. Inuyasha. She had to write to him. Well, type more like it. Oh well. It didn't matter to her how she talked to him, as long as she got to. That's all that mattered. Where was it? Her phone! Oh gosh! What if she... oh. There it is. Thank goodness. Her lifeline. Him. She had to write to him.

` Dear Inuyasha, On mars there was non-stop training. These models are huge and it's so hard how to learn how to control them. And to think, I used to bitch about lifting my sword in Kendo. But you know me. Always on top of my group. The sights are fantastic. It's so strange. Seeing it in real life I mean. You can take a picture of something, and yet it never does it justice. I think about that sometimes when I see a picture of you. The Tarsian's killed everyone in the 1st unit. But we're rebuilding and we've been able to retrieve some of their technology. Maybe... just maybe that will give us the edge we need. The Mew is amazing. It's a wonderful home to me now. By the time you get this... Mars will just be a memory.

I miss you ...


Love,

Kagome
'

 
 
 
X




X




X
 
 
 
 
 
[Inuyasha]

In my now empty classroom, my phone beeped. And I checked it. It
's her. She was ... a friend of mine in school. I thought we'd be together later but... well... all things change. Usually.
She
's on Jupiter now. Her... and me? I just live my life. Looks like a regular school for me. I don't have a job. Don't have a goal.
She was always so strong ... and I was strong with her. Now I
'm weak... `til I her messages arrive. Then I get strength.

 
X




X




X
 
 
 
 
[Kagome]
 
 
Jupiter. So beautiful. The clouds ... Kagome loved them. Kinda like Inuyasha. Kinda how she loved him. But she loved him more. Right?

` Inuyasha,
Finally leaving Jupiter. You know these messages are monitored and our last destination is classified. Sooo... listen. It
'll longer and longer for these messages to reach you. This one should take ... what? Half a year? Yeah... that sounds about right.
Anyways... still call me okay? I kno 20th century airmail isn
't perfect, but it's all we've got.

Still miss you ...


Love,

Kagome
'

 
X




X





X
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Inuyasha]

Everyday... my cell phone says the same thing.


You have no messages

Everyday... I make a vow.
`Don't check it today. Wait a day or two' And yet, everyday, I still check it.

You have no messages

And everyday, I get the same message.


 
X






X





X
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Kagome]

`Inuyasha,
We
're at Pluto now. The end of our solar system. It's been six months since I left Earth. I'm talking my time. The Mew model has followed the Tarsian's all the way from Jupiter. But still... no sign of them. I have to be honest. I almost wish... I almost wish that we never found them. Then I could come back to you ...'

My alarm in my glider went off.
`'Tarsian's advancing. 12 o'clock. Distance: 20 thousand. Get ready for launch out of Mew. In 3... 2...1... launch''

My gosh... it's them. This is it.

I flew out of the Mew ship as fast as I could. Right when I was out, I was bombarded with laser attacks from the Tarsian
's. I fought along with my comrades for heaven knows how long. When I got another warning.

`' Fleet of Tarsian's noticed 120 thousand and decreasing. Return to the Mew immediately. I repeat, return to the Mew.''

I tried my hardest to return to the ship like all my comrades. But there were so many Tarsian
's and only one of me. How could I handle it?

`' Vessel 2! Return to the ship!''

Believe me I'm trying! Finally, I cut a path through some and made it back to the ship.

`' The fleet of Tarsian's have now warped. Well done troops. Well done.''

I have to send it. The message to Inuyasha. I have to.


48 hours to write something that will take over a year to you. I sent it. Please reach him. God. From Cerius, it will take exactly 8 years to reach him. Oh Inuyasha... don't forget me. Please... please don't forget me.

 
 
 
X




X




X
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Inuyasha]

Seasons come and go. Now Summer is here again. Winter... last year, I quit waiting for mail from Kagome. A year. Who could blame me?


My phone beeped as I waited for the bus at the old bus stop me and Kagome used to eat snacks at after school.


It
's her. She's alive. Thank goodness.

`Inuyasha,
After this, the Mew will go on to warp drive to Cerius. 8.6 light- years away. By the time you get this, I will already be there... and now... it will take 8 years and 7 months to reach you. I
'm so sorry. It breaks my heart... that there's so much space between us.

Much love,

Kagome
'

I
've forgotten how long it was since I've last seen her. To me, a distance that takes 8 light-years... that's no different from saying... forever.
You and I ... we drift farther and farther apart Kagome. I
've... ugh... I've had to do some things differently. I had to make my heart harder... colder... stronger.
I stand before a closed door that will never open. Still... I knock on for eternity.

You, my sweet, sweet Kagome, will remain you. Beautiful... young. While I... I will grow older. I will grow older alone. Forever alone. Without you near to me.


 
X




X




X
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Kagome]

`Inuyasha,
We always knew Cerius had its own planetary system, but we are the first in human history to see a new system with our bare eyes.

We are at the 4th planet in the system... Acarta. Acarta has a sky, clouds, seas... it is quite a lot like Earth actually, but it
's not the same. Which makes me realize how far I am from you. And drifting farther.

Love,

Kagome
'

I looked up as I heard dropping noises. The sky... it was... crying. Just like me.
I just wanted something to eat with you... at the most.

A touch. I felt a touch on my forehead and I looked up.


It's me

((Other Kag))
So, you've finally come this far haven't you? Painful isn't it? But, pain is necessary. You'll probably be able to go much farther y'kno? Other galaxies... other stars. Will you come with me? I'd like to give you something very important.

Still, I wept.
I j-just wanna see him again. Just to... just t-to tell him I love him

It'll be alright. You will see him again.

A sound. Beeping. Oh. My alarm.
`'Tarsian's coming in from all over. Be alert!''

Then I saw them. Hundreds, thousands. All aiming for me and my comrades.
NO!

 
 
 
 
 
X



X





X
 
 
[Inuyasha]

That summer day, I remember when I thought 8 years was an eternity. I didn
't think I would have a life, but I was wrong. I'm getting on with my life. I live on my own time, and next month... I'll be getting the Army position that I worked so hard for.

My phone beeped. Could it be? It was.


Kagome... I whispered.

It was two sentences.

`Happy 24th birthday, from your 15 year old me.' The rest was jus static.
It was like a miracle to hear from her after all this time.


 
 
 
X



X



 
X
 
 
 
 
 
 
[Kagome]

I fought on. Long and hard. Watching friends and enemies die around me. Weird. A 15 year old girl witnessing a massacre. And to think... I wanted this.


`Inuyasha,
I don
't want you to feel bad about this, I have so many memories to think about. They're all I have now. You know what I miss? I miss things like summer clouds, cold rain, being with you. The smell of your hair...every moment we spent together. The street at night. A day in the rain. Oh Inuyasha... time is so generous to us, and yet time is still such a cruel thief.'

 
 
 
 
 
 
X




X





X
 
 
 
[Inuyasha]

I just wish it wouldn
't have stolen you... Kagome.

[Kagome]


Inuyasha... we are so far apart but maybe... thoughts can over come time and distance.


[Inu]


You mean... do I think something like that could happen? Like... one thought across time and space?


[Kag]


One thought. Yes.


[Inu]


One thought. What would it be?


[Kag]


It would be...


[Kag and Inu]


I am here.


 
 
 
---END