InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wait ❯ Wait ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Wait
Prompt: Ready
Category: Word Count Perfection
Words: 400 exactly according to Word
 
Kagome sat in one of the chairs, looking around at the other occupants of the waiting room. They were all carefully not making eye contact with each other. She flipped through the magazines that were on the table next to her, but they were all four years old and weren't magazines she would have read if they were current anyways. Who really reads Popular Science anyways? Who wrote for it? Were they all geeks that had never been within ten feet of a naked boob? Well, maybe on a stripper. But did geeks usually go to strip clubs? Maybe if their cooler older brothers had bachelor parties…
 
Ugh, her mind was wandering. How did people put up with this kind of thing, month after month? Would she be here again, waiting like this? She thought it would drive her insane.
 
She thought about what had led her here. She had married the youkai of her dreams. She met Sesshoumaru, Lord of the Western Lands, during the Sengoku Jidai and after forgiving him for trying to kill her and his half-brother for about four years, promptly fell in love with him. They became mates, and she told him about her life in the future. She told him about the possibility that when Naraku was destroyed, she would be returned there and unable to use the well again. They spoke about using the wish to make it so they would not be separated, but unfortunately, the moment Naraku was destroyed, the jewel was absorbed into her body and she was in her time once more. She tried to use the well, but it was no use. She could not return.
 
After Kagome cried in the well house for her lost mate, she went out to find her family and tell them what had happened. She was so despondent; she walked right into someone in the courtyard. She looked up to apologize, and found herself gazing into the amber eyes of her mate. She smiled up at him and he bent down to capture her lips in a passionate kiss. He had waited over five hundred years for that, and it was worth it.
 
Three years later, she was in this office waiting room. The door finally opened and Sesshoumaru walked out. He smiled at her and said, “I'm done. It is time for the insemination. Are you ready to have a baby?”