InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Way Back ❯ Way Back Song ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

WayBack
 
Brought to you by Sango The Lecher Slayer
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Michelle Branch's lyrics/song “Find My Way Back” Goodness. Do you have to rub it in?
 
 
Warning: Angst. Do not cross line if you are weak of heart, pregnant, or suffer from eating too much sushi. Just kidding. If you don't like a small amount of tension then be gone! (No offense please ^.^)
 
 
“…” Words
`…' Thoughts
-…- Actions
Italics Song Lyrics
 
 
It started with a simple show of caring. A hug there, a slight blush here. Holding hands when he thought no one else could see. It was all perfect in the mind of Kagome Higurashi, age 15. Perfect puppy love. (Pardon the pun) Until that one night. Everything changed.
 
 
I used to get away with so much
Now I can't get away
I even thought that it was simple
To say the things I wanted to say
 
 
Suddenly, Kagome wasn't allowed to leave anymore. She hadn't seen her family in months. Why couldn't he understand? What was making him change so drastically? He used to understand, even if he was unwilling to let her go, let her be with the people she belonged with… He wanted her with him always. So he said so. And she promised.
 

And you told me everything I wanted to hear
And you sold me
Now I don't know how I should feel
I should know me
And baby, you would think I knew better
 
That was it. She was sold. Inuyasha had told her everything he knew she had wanted, no, needed to hear. At what price? Her happiness, her love. What he gained were two shikon jewels. Kagome, for the first time in her life, was at a loss as to what to do. Was her value, her worth, equal to that of two shikon jewels?
 


I'm finding my way back to you
And everything I used to be
And waiting is all that I can do
Until you find your way back to me
 
She was coming back to Inuyasha. Within the minute she left, he came to take her away. To take her away from him. She no longer trusted Inuyasha. Now she had to wait, for him to find his way to her.

What if I said what I was thinking?
What if that says too much?
When everybody's got a reason
I feel like giving up
 
 
Of course, she wanted to give up. Let it all be over with, the week just a done deal, never to occur again. Unless, there was another asking price…
 

And you told me, everything I wanted to hear
And you sold me
Now I don't know how I should feel
I should know me
And baby, you would think I knew better

You would think wouldn't you? That she should have more trust in Inuyasha than to do something this heinous? You thought wrong.
 
 
I'm finding my way back to you
And everything I used to be
And waiting is all that I can do
Until you find your way back to me
 
Oh no. You thought wrong.
 
 
Until you find your way back to me
Oh, Until you find your way back to me
 
I used to get away with so much
 
`When I get back home, he is in for the sitting of his life!' She thought ruthlessly.
 
I'm finding my way back to you
And everything I used to be
And waiting is all that I can do
Until you find your way back to me
 
“One more day Kagome, I'm coming. Please wait for me.”
 

And waitin' is all that I can do
Until you find your way back to me
 
“Inuyasha!” “Kagome!!” “Oh thank the Kamis. Did the damn wolf touch you?”
 
 
I used to get away with so much...
 
 
“No Inuyasha, but you should have known better than to trade me for the shikon shards in Koga's legs.”
 
 
“Kagome! It was an offer I- I mean we couldn't resist.”
 
 
-sigh- “Sit boy.” -slam- “Oww…”
 
 
Did that night change everything for better or worse? You may never know…
 
 
Fin Fin Fin
 
 
AN: Okay people do you like it? If I get at least five reviews I'll write the one shot to what actually happened in the story and go on a little into Inuyasha and Kagome's current relationship. It'll be the whole one shot, including what happened during the time Kagome stayed with Koga.
 
 
Lmao, I bet you all thought that something completely horrible had happened, eh? I warned you about the tension in the beginning! Okay okay, I'm sorry. But I promise to right the one shot about this song fic.
 

Thanks for your time. You know you want to push that purple button and review so you can get the whole story. -wink wink-