InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Wish You A Merry Christmas ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not nor will ever own InuYasha and company. They belong to Takahashi-san, not me.
 
After Cellphone became a hit with some of my friends (who didn't realize I was the author), I decided to write a Christmas story! So here it goes . . .
 
 
We Wish You A Merry Christmas . . .
 
 
“Good tidings we bring, to you and your king . . .” InuYasha was immediately confused by the group of people singing outside Kagome's door as soon as he set foot out of the well house. He walked up behind them, knowing that Kagome disliked his habit of coming through her window. He planned to just slip past the people and into the house, but he accidentally caught one of the children's attention. “We wish you a merry Chris- LOOK! It's Santa!!” the child screamed and pointed at him. The other carolers turned to look, but did not see anything as InuYasha ran for Kagome's window. To hell with her rules! I'm not going near those people! Another child punched the one who screamed in the shoulder, “You scared him away! I wanted to tell him I wanted a new bike!”
 
InuYasha shuddered as he stepped into Kagome's room; he had only realized how cold it was outside when he stepped on a snow covered bough of the tree outside her window. He took a deep breathe, trying to calm himself with her scent but was sent into a coughing fit when he realized all he could smell was scented candles. Cinnamon . . . Pine . . . Snow . . . Gingerbread . . . Where is Kagome?! The door creaked open and InuYasha looked up. “Oh, InuYasha! I'm sorry!” Kagome ran around the room blowing out candles, “This is why I told you to come through the door! I would have blown them out beforehand!” InuYasha sneezed, “Calm down, wench, I can deal with this.”
 
“But what about your nose?”
 
“It's fine.”
 
“Really, InuYasha, you should let me look at it.”
 
“It's fine!”
 
“Oh, really?” InuYasha looked at Kagome, not realizing she had walked so close to him. “Yeah, really.” He blinked, “What are you holding over my head?” Kagome pulled it over his ears, “Just a hat, I want to take you out shopping with me.”
 
“No, we're not going anywhere. I came to get you so Shippo would shut up!”
 
“Oh, come on, please?
 
“No!”
 
“We'll get Ramen while we're out.”
 
“Fine! But just this once! Next time I'll take you back no questions asked!”
 
“Sure, whatever you say, Puppy.”
 
“Hey! Stop calling me a dog!”
 
“Mmmm-Hmmm” Kagome noncommittally responded as she ran down the shrine steps with InuYasha on her heels. Underneath his hat, InuYasha's ear twitched as they ran past the carolers who were making their way down the stairs. “Look! Santa is chasing that girl!” “Do you think she was on his naughty list?” “If that's why, I'm never going to be naughty ever again.” “Mommy, is Santa evil?” InuYasha sped up his pace. Damn twerps . . . Who is Santa anyway?
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
First, Kagome took him to a clothing store. She grabbed his hand and led him through the aisles to the men's section. Once there, she let go and ran off to shop. InuYasha stood where she left him with his arms crossed. Before he knew it Kagome was piling things in his arms. “Try on these.” He blinked at her before heading to the fitting room she pointed out.
 
InuYasha sat on the bench inside his stall, looking at the black jeans and red wife beater Kagome had given him. Okay, from all the times I've watched Kagome at the hot springs, I should be able to put these on . . . He looked at himself in the mirror and saw that the hat Kagome had him wear was not one of those baseball caps he always used, but a floppy pointed hat with white fur fringe and a white pom-pom. What the fuck?
 
Kagome jumped up and down and clapped when InuYasha stepped out of the fitting room, oblivious to the uncomfortable look on his face. She walked around him checking the clothes, “Well, they look like they fit.”
 
“They don't.”
 
“What?”
 
“I said they don't fit, wench.”
 
“Too tight?”
 
InuYasha nodded.
 
“Where?”
 
“There.”
 
Where's there?”
 
“A place where you shouldn't be lookin', bitch!”
 
“Oh my god! That phony Santa just called Kagome a bitch!” A teenaged girl called out. InuYasha whirled around and snarled, “Stop calling me Santa!!!”
 
InuYasha . . .
 
He flattened his ears. She's going to sit me! “Yes?”
 
“That was one of my classmates.” Kagome said calmly as she started walking.
 
“Come on! Just sit me! You know you want to!”
 
Kagome brushed past him. As she did so, she whispered in to him, “No, instead of `s'-ing you, I think I'll just not buy you a looser pair of pants. Besides, I think they fit you just fine there.” She ran her fingers across the front of his pants before turning and continuing to shop for him. InuYasha decided it would be best to wander on his own after changing into his normal clothes. Did she just flirt with me?
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
His surveying was stopped, though, when what he had come to recognize as an `elf' came up to him. “Hey, bud, you're late. We's already got a load of kids wantin' to talk to ya. You're an odd lookin' Santa, but kids these days will fall fo' it.” The `elf' grabbed his arm and led him to sit in a chair surrounded by fake snow. He sat down, following Kagome's guidelines to `just do what people tell you to do, you'll fit in better'.
 
First, a five-year-old, “I want a new bike!”
 
A six-year-old, “I want a new video game!”
 
A four-year-old with her mother, “Can I have a pony?”
 
After a while, InuYasha began to understand the entire `Santa' thing. He's a person who twerps think visits their houses and gives them presents? What a dumb idea. And they think I'm him? He was surprised when three girls Kagome's age walked up to him. “We know you're not really Santa, but we still want to tell you our one Christmas wish. You see, at our age, we all want to spend Christmas Eve with the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with, and our friend, Kagome, is in love with this guy with silver hair and gold eyes, and she's not sure if he loves her back, because she thinks he might still be in love with another girl. For Christmas, we want him to love her as much as she loves him” The girls walked away without another word. Silver hair . . . Gold eyes . . . Kagome's in love with Sesshoumaru!? And jealous of Kagura!? What the fuck?!
 
After escaping the Santa exhibit, InuYasha sniffed out Kagome and grabbed her arm, “We're going home.”
 
“What about your Ramen?”
 
“Forget the Ramen, we're going home.”
 
Kagome nodded, realizing she could sit him in public and it was pointless to argue with him otherwise. She let them pull her through the mall to the entrance and out into the streets. After sniffing around, he pulled her into an alleyway and crouched down, “Get on.”
 
And they were in the air. Kagome could feel that InuYasha was tense underneath her hands, “What's wrong?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“I know something's wrong, InuYasha.”
 
“Nothing's bothering me!”
 
“Just tell me!”
 
“Can't you just take no for an answer!?”
 
“Tell me, InuYasha!”
 
“No!”
 
“SIT!”
 
And they fell. Thankfully, they were over a deserted park. InuYasha clawed at the branches of a tree before grabbing one in one hand and catching Kagome.
 
“You idiot! Why did you sit me?!”
 
“Because you wouldn't tell me what's wrong!”
 
“I ought to drop you!”
 
“Baka! I could always sit you again!”
 
“Then I'd land on top of you, doofus!”
 
“What about the clothes I bought you?”
 
“Yeah, what about them?”
 
“And all the plans I made for tonight?”
 
“Feh! What plans?”
 
“Just let me down InuYasha . . .”
 
InuYasha let go of the branch and dropped to the ground, setting Kagome on her feet, “Come on, your shrine is just across the road.”
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
Later, feeling bad for arguing with Kagome, InuYasha walked into her room to change into the clothes she bought him. As he pulled the wife beater over his head and buckled the belt Kagome had gotten to go with his pants, he mumbled to himself, “I can't believe she loves Sesshoumaru; that bastard, I'll kill him. Just as I was beginning to think I had a chance . . .”
 
Kagome gasped as she pulled away from her door. Kikyo loves Sesshoumaru? Poor InuYasha . . . And I flirted with him! That's probably why he was in a bad mood . . . Maybe I should just call the girls and tell them that I can't come to their Christmas party . . .
 
InuYasha's ear twitched. Kagome's outside the door . . . I smell tears.
 
Oh my god, and I sat him for not telling me! He probably hates me!
 
Shit! She heard me! She's disgusted that I think of her that way!
 
I'll apologize to him. Tell him he can do what ever he wants.
 
Best to apologize now.
 
No, I can't apologize. I'd look weak. He always thinks I'm weak. I'll just pretend I never heard that.
 
InuYasha went over to the door and opened it, preparing himself to go over and apologize. My feelings don't matter. Right now, it all about her and what she wants to do. He was surprised, though, when he came face to a smiling Kagome, “Hey, InuYasha, Mom just finished a batch of cookies and wanted to know if you wanted some.”
 
“No, thanks. Are you okay? I thought I could smell your tears.”
 
“It's nothing; I just stubbed my toe on the stairs”
 
“Feh. Clumsy wench.” InuYasha didn't say anything else as he started to walk downstairs, though he knew she was lying. She's too nice for her own good, pretending to be happy to protect my feelings. I still don't understand why she is being nice to me if she loves Sesshoumaru; if she really wanted him to like her, she would be sitting me to oblivion right now. InuYasha stopped at the door and pulled on his new black sneakers, “So, Kagome, where were you planning on taking me tonight?”
 
He's being nice, probably just doesn't want to get sat, I might as well make use of it. Kagome hurried to put on her own shoes and grab InuYasha's hand, “Well, the girls are having a party tonight since it's Christmas Eve. . .”
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
Meanwhile, on the other side of the well, the rest of the shard-seeking group gathered in Kaede's hut. Shippo whined from his corner of the hut, “Where's InuYasha? He said he would go get Kagome for me.”
 
“Yes, agree with the child. Where is InuYasha? I know ye had come to participate in our winter solstice festival. Surely, Kagome, too, wished to partake?”
 
“I really don't know where they are, Kaede-sama. Perhaps they are off partaking in their own midnight `festival'?”
 
There was a resounding slap heard through out the village.
 
“OW! What did I do?!”
 
“Sorry, Shippo, I missed. I meant to hit Miroku.”
 
“But he's on the other side of the hut!”
 
“ . . . I realize that.”
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
InuYasha's ear twitched underneath his Santa hat at the comments the teenaged girls made about him. He could sense them pointing at him, whispering. “Oh my god, look Kagome got her boy to dress up as a naughty Santa!” “He's so hot!” “I'm jealous of Kagome.” Even some boys were staring at him. He could understand the `I would never do that for any girl.' comments but some of the other things being said were just . . . disturbing. Umm . . . I'm going to find Kagome before Jakotsu's reincarnation finds me.
 
The party was actually going pretty well. Kagome went off and talked while InuYasha just stood around, looking cool. InuYasha, as he was getting away from the Jakotsu's of Kagome's time slip, happened to accidentally listen in on one of her conversations with the girls he recognized from the `Sit with Santa' thing.
 
“So?”
 
“So what?”
 
“Tell us about the guy you like!”
 
“Well, he doesn't seem to enjoy talking to me very much, and, actually, when he does he's usually insulting me.”
 
“Wow, and?”
 
“He may have a gruff attitude, but he's a great fighter.”
 
“He's a fighter? Really?”
 
“Yeah, it's mainly with swords, though, like fencing. He looks so beautiful and graceful when he's fighting”
 
“Oh, he's sounds awesome. Does he have a brother?”
 
“Yeah, but you do not want to meet him! He's just . . . Blech!”
 
InuYasha flattened his ears. She really thinks of me that way?
 
“Oh, and you wanted to teach us your new lyrics to `Silent Night' you wrote about him?”
 
“Oh, yeah! I forgot!” Kagome smiled and began to sing:
 
Miserable Night
Moonless Night
Need a way
To tell you
You are strong enough
You don't need any pity
I will always love you
Please don't give love up
 
InuYasha blinked and stopped in his tracks. That isn't about Sesshoumaru. He isn't miserable on moonless nights and he doesn't need to be told he's strong enough . . . Don't give love up? Didn't Kagome say that to me once? When I wanted to follow Kikyo? Wait . . . The song's about me?
 
Kagome looked up when she heard footsteps stop behind her. She had lost herself in memories of InuYasha as she sand the song. It took her a while before she realized the InuYasha she was looking at was not in her minds eye. A blush rose to her cheeks. “Umm. Hi, InuYasha.”
 
“That song . . .” InuYasha paused and looked at the girls sitting with Kagome nervously. Kagome turned to them and shooed them away before turning back to InuYasha. “Yes? What about the song?”
 
“Was it about me?”
 
“Well . . . umm . . .”
 
“It was, wasn't it?”
 
Kagome nodded, afraid of his reaction.
 
“I love you, too.”
 
Kagome opened her eyes and looked at him. “Really?!” And tackled him to the ground with a kiss. They broke apart when the heard an “Oh my god! Kagome tackled the naughty Santa!”
 
InuYasha helped Kagome up. “So, the song really is about me?”
 
“No, I love Sesshoumaru.” Kagome quipped sarcastically.
 
InuYasha laughed.
 
*(<^vv^>)*
 
Somewhere, the great demon lord Sesshoumaru flinched.
 
“My lord! What is wrong, my lord Sesshoumaru?!” Jaken squawked.
 
“I believe hell just froze over.”
 
“Why would you think that, my lord?” Rin quietly asked.
 
“I don't know, Rin. I don't know.”
 
 
 
THE END!! It only took 3 days! I apologize to any SessKag fans who are offended, but I just don't agree with that pairing. It's just . . . Blech. At least to me.
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!