InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome To Shikon High ❯ First Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: This is my first ever InuYasha fanfic that I've posted on ff.net, so please R&R and enjoy! Oh yeah, some of the characters are a little OOC
 
Summery: AU. Kagome Higarashi transfers to the only high school for miles that mixed demons and humans together and makes some friends, both humans and demons. But, no one suspected that evil was lurking in the empty halls. Welcome to Shikon High.
 
Chapter One:
First Day
 
 
“Bye mom!” Kagome Higarashi jogged down the stairs of the Higarashi Shrine, a brilliant smile on her face. She jumped the last two steps and took a right. Today was her first day at Shikon High School, the only high school for miles within Tokyo that mixed demons and humans together. Some said that mixing the two races together was a great idea, and that it might put a stop to all the violence going on the street between the two. Others hated the idea of it, and they protested that nothing good could come of it.
 
But Kagome couldn't wait to go to Shikon High. All her life she had gone to the same boarding school. She had a lot of friends and got the highest grades in all of her classes, but it all felt so fake to Kagome. Like she was living someone else's life. She had nothing in common with her old friends, they acted like they had the perfect lives and were superior to every other teenager in Asia. They got worried when wind blew a strand of hair out of place or if water was spilt on their clothes. The only reason Kagome was friends with them was because they were they only people who she socialized with. Until she met Sango Tamaqua.
 
Sango Tamaqua went to the same boarding school in grade five. She was the one person who seemed real there. Kagome and Sango soon became the best of friends, but unfortunately she moved to a community school in grade eight. They still kept in touch and went to each other's houses from time to time. Sango convinced Kagome to beg her family to transfer to Shikon High, which she was currently going to.
 
Kagome's grin widened as she reached the gates of Shikon High. She could already tell that this was going to be a lot different then the school she was used too by the way the kids were going into the building.
 
“Kagome!” Turning around, Kagome saw Sango running towards her, pushing people out of her way. Her long black hair was in a high pony tale as usual.
 
“Morning,” She greeted cheerfully as her friend skidded to a halt in front of her.
 
“Morning,” Sango smiled, “Come on!” Grabbing her by the arm, she began to drag her into the building, “Aren't you happy that you're finally free from the clones?”
 
Laughing, Kagome nodded, “Yeah, they were so angry when I told them I was going to Shikon,”
 
“Did you tell them that you convinced your family to let you move?”
 
“No,” She said. Sango let go of her arm and motioned for Kagome to follow her, “They would have killed me.”
 
“True,” She said, “Anyway, I checked the schedule and guess what? You and I are in the same homeroom!”
 
“Really?” Kagome said, “That's great!”
 
“I know,” Sango said enthusiastically, “We have Ms. Kaede. She's pretty old and has a weird eye patch, but she's really nice.”
 
“An eye patch?” She echoed.
 
“Yeah, she lost her eye when she was young I think,” Sango said, “Stay close to me I need to go to my locker and I need to warn you of who to stay clear off.”
 
“Okay,” Kagome said slowly.
 
“First of all, Kikyo Yama, the slut of Shikon High. And knowing my luck, she's probably in our homeroom as well. I didn't check you see,” Sango added as Kagome opened her mouth, “Just don't talk to her, she's nothing but trouble. Oh, and whatever you do, don't talk about InuYasha Takahashi when she's around.”
 
“Why?” Kagome asked. The two girls stopped at a locker. Sango fiddled with her combination and opened her locker before replying.
 
“InuYasha was Kikyo's boyfriend for the last two years. She always cheated on him and when he finally found out, he dumped her. Kikyo hasn't been able to accept that a guy actually dumped her, usually it's the other way around,” Sango explained shutting her locker. She began walking towards a flight of stairs, “Now she's doing anything and everything to try and get him back. It'll be hard with you around though,” She added with a smirk.
 
“What?” Kagome said missing a step, “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
“You'll see,” Sango said waving her hand, “Watch out for Kagura and Kanna Kaze too. Kagura's in our grade and Kana is two years younger than us. But still watch out for them, they're close with Naraku which is a very bad thing if you get on either one's bad side.”
 
“Naraku?”
 
“Naraku Onigumo. He is the main man you should stay away from. Go the other way if you see him in the hall.”
 
“Onigumo…?” Kagome muttered, “Why does that name sound familiar?” She was positive that she heard the name Onigumo somewhere before.
 
“His father is Sasku Onigumo,” Sango said grimly, “He was sent to jail for murdering his wife and just got out of jail a month ago,”
 
“Whoa,” Kagome said softly. Her friend nodded, stopping in front of a room.
 
“Here we are, Ms. Kaede's room,” Come on,”
 
Together, the teenager girls walked into the classroom. A few students were already in their seats, they looked up and their eyes widened as they saw Kagome.
 
“I think they think you're Kikyo,” Sango whispered. She groaned as her friend cleared her throat, “Ms. Kaede, this is Kagome Higarashi. The transfer student I told you about.”
 
An elderly woman with long gray hair that was tied back and an eye patch looked up from her desk, “Welcome Kagome,” She said. Grabbing a stack of papers, Kaede began to shuffle through them, muttering, “Higarashi, Kagome,” Moments later, she pulled a couple pieces of paper stapled together out of the stack of papers and handed it to her, “Here you go dear, you can take a seat now.”
 
Kagome nodded and took a seat near the back, ignoring the stares from the other students. She looked at the papers Kaede had given her. The first one was her timetable and the rest were forms she had to fill out. Sango sat down beside her and took the timetable, examining it with hers.
 
“Damn,” She muttered, “We only have one more class together. Health, last period” Handing back the timetable to Kagome, Sango slumped further down in her desk. She suddenly looked up and narrowed her eyes angrily.
 
“Ah, Miss Yuma, how nice of you to join us,” Kagome looked up and gasped. Standing by Kaede's desk was a girl who looked exactly like her, except she had paler skin, shorter hair, and wore make-up and really sluttish clothing.
 
“See? I told you Kikyo would be in our homeroom,” Sango hissed in Kagome's ear.
 
Kagome nodded slowly, staring at Kikyo. She watched as she made her way to the very back of the class, sending a nasty glare at Kagome.
 
The door opened again and in walked a boy with long silver hair and cute little triangular dog-ears on top of his head. Kagome sucked in her breath as she stared, he had the most beautiful eyes Kagome had ever seen, they were a golden color almost like honey.
 
“Welcome Mr. Takahashi,” Kaede said handing him his papers, “Take a seat please,”
 
“That's InuYasha,” Sango whispered in her ear. InuYasha scanned the room before making his way towards them. Kagome's stomach did a flip-flop as he took a seat next to Sango.
 
“Hey,” He said.
 
“Hey yourself,” Sango replied grinning. Kagome stared at her friend in awe, “Oh yeah, this is Kagome Higarashi,”
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome and smiled slightly, “Hey,” He said.
 
“Hi,” She said.
 
“Kagome this is InuYasha Takahashi, he's been my friend since I came here,” She explained.
 
“It's nice to meet you,” Kagome said smiling. InuYasha opened his mouth as the bell rang; Kaede got up from the desk and walked to the front.
 
“Welcome everybody, to grade eleven.” She said. InuYasha closed him mouth and turned to the front
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome looked at the little piece of paper in her hand then up at the numbers on the locker. Maybe it had been a mistake to tell Sango she could find the locker on her own. `209…210…211…212, here we go,' She thought stopping at a blue locker. She grabbed the lock and started to do the combination. '9…35…21…'
 
“Hello there,” Looking up Kagome saw a tall black haired man leaning casually on the locker beside her. His long black hair was tied up in a pony tale and he had what looked like a sweatband around his head.
 
“Hi,” She said slowly, pulling on the lock, it didn't open.
 
“You're new here aren't you?” He asked watching as Kagome tried the combination again. It didn't open.
 
“Yeah,” She said getting frustrated, she tried the combination again and it still didn't open.
 
“Here, let me help,” The man said taking the piece of paper from her. He put in the combination and pulled down and the lock opened, “There you go,” He said giving the paper back.
 
“Thank you,” Kagome said putting her books onto a shelf near the top, “How'd you get it open?”
 
“You went turned the dial the wrong way getting to the last number, that's all,” He replied.
 
“Oh,” Kagome said blushing. `Great going Kagome, making yourself look like a totally idiot in front of a cute guy is a sure way to scare him off,' She thought.
 
“It's okay, I did that too when I first came here, some of these lockers can be pretty tricky to open,” He said smiling, “I'm Kouga by the way. Kouga Ookami,”
 
“I'm Kagome Higarashi,” She said closing the locker, she checked her watch, “I should get going now. Thanks again Kouga,”
 
Kagome turned around and began to make her way back downstairs, “Anytime Kagome,” She heard Kouga yell.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
InuYasha smirked as he watched his best friend Miroku Houshi get slapped for groping some chick's ass. He returned to where they were sitting on the front steps as the woman stalked off, rubbing his cheek, “You'll never learn Miroku,”
 
“Hey, for the record, she was hitting on me,” He said sitting down beside InuYasha.
 
“Sure, whatever,” He said, “Just don't let Sango see you grope any girls,”
 
“I wasn't planning to,” He replied.
 
“And yet you always do,” InuYasha said smirking again.
 
“Whatever,” Miroku mumbled, “I heard her friend transferred here,”
 
“Yeah, we're all together in homeroom. Kami, she almost looks exactly like Kikyo. I actually thought she was for a couple seconds,”
 
“Wow, that hot huh?” Miroku said grinning.
 
“Meh,” InuYasha shrugged, “She wasn't wearing any make up or had on the slut clothes Kikyo always wears,”
 
“So she's a `good girl'?”
 
“I don't know, probably,” InuYasha replied shrugging.
 
“Well, I will have to meet this girl. What's her name?”
 
“Kagome,”
 
“Kagome,” Miroku said trying it out, “I like.”
 
“Hey, Miroku,”
 
“Yeah,”
 
“Why are we still here at school? It's last class of the day and we have a spare,”
 
“Because I want to see this Kagome,” Miroku replied.
 
“Right…well I'm going. Tetsusaiga should be ready by now,” InuYasha got up and waved goodbye to his friend before walking away.
 
 
 
 
A/N: Well that was the first chapter. How'd you guys like it? I'm sorry if some of the characters seem a little OOC, but I need them to be like that for the story. Please submit a review and tell me what you think of it so far….I'll be posting the second chapter soon so stay tuned!