InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Welcomed Nightmares ❯ Chapter One: Truth In Your Lies ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Welcomed Nightmares

 

By Krazy Kilala [aka Vixen]

 

 

Chapter One: Truth In Your Lies

 

 

 

 

And I'd give up forever to touch you

Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

 

She sat by his makeshift bed, her ebony locks hiding the tears on her face as she held onto the sleeping's hanyou, no, human's, hand. Her teeth had bitten through her bottem lip, and blood mixed in with the salty tears. The pain was somehow welcome to her. Physical pain always seemed more bearable then mental pain. She wondered if Inuyasha would agree.

 

At first, he only shrugged of her concern lightly, using all of his energy just to tell her that it was nothing serious. He'd get over it, it would be fine. And for awhile, she accepted it. She even slept now and then, and in the mornings, she give him a bright smile, helping him eat and encouraging him more and more.

 

But slowly, reality seeped in, and denile was over. It just happened one night, as she curled on her pallet by his bed. She knew. He wasn't getting better, he was fading away before her very eyes. But he put up a front of her, because he didn't even want to admit to her. That night, she cried hot tears, everyone of them feeling like acid against her skin. The lie, that in the beginning seemed like truth, was becoming harder for both of them to believe.

 

The next morning, she awoke before the sun, setting next to his bed and just staring at him. His hair which was once a brilliant white with the cutest puppy ears on top was now darker then her own locks, long tresses covering his human ears. His claws and fangs had dulled to a normal human's, even his once beautiful golden eyes were a brown dull color. His life was seeping out of him, and it was all Naraku's fault.

 

They had the jewel, finally. And who would've thought that Kikyou was going to be the one to get it. With her final ounce of power, she had made it appear in her cold hands, and slowly, she crumbled to nothing.

 

But Inuyasha didn't seem to mourn her, for his mourning was done long ago when she was truly dead. Instead, he ran over to Kagome and grabbed her around her waist, both of them barely dodging the enraged Naraku's attack.

 

The battle tredged on for hours, and even after they killed him time and time again, he reappeared. Apparently, the jewel was linked to him somehow, and he regenerated because of it.

 

So there was only one option, get rid of the jewel.

 

And in the end Inuyasha made a rash decision. He wished to be human. Just like that, the jewel flashed and disappeared, and Inuyasha was sucked into a void of light. Everyone watched as he vanished within the bright flashes of light, and as with each flash of light, a piece of Naraku dissenigrated. Until their was almost nothing left, and Inuyasha was cast out of the light. Human.

 

With Naraku's final breath of life he struck out, impending Inuyasha through his chest and leaking the last of his venome into it. And then Naraku died. And then Inuyasha stumbled and fell.

 

And then Kagome's world fell apart around her.

 

"Oh, Inuyasha." She whispered into the dark cabin. It had been little less then a six months since the accident, but their was little or no hope he would recover. The venome had been injected into his blood stream, and it was slowly eating away at him. Killing him.

 

Inuyasha eye's cracked open slowly, and it pained him to see Kagome's tear shimmering on her cheecks. How he wished he could reach and take her into his arms. How he wished he could just hold her, and honestly tell her he'd be fine.

 

But even a once arrogant, determined hanyou knew when Lady Luck had deserted him and left him for the vultrures.

 

He couldn't even manage to whisper her name, and as her tear soaked eyes met his, she cried the tears that he could not. Because, even if Inuyasha wanted to cry, even that took to much energy.

 

Kagome settled herself on the pallet beside Inuyasha's bed, and slowly drifted off to sleep for the first time in days.

 

And as the rain poured outside the hut a little way away from Keade's village, everyone swore that the angels were crying for the miko and the hanyou-turned-human.

 

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming

Or the moment of truth in your lies

When everything seems like the movies

Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

 

 

 

Note: Song called Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls.