InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Werewolf tears, and a Red 9 ❯ Hister's story, the Red 9 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Day the King cried, Brith of the true beast of Hate.

February 13, 1945.

A young woman sits at a table for two, she is Sabina Schinder, she is waiting for her lover. She smiles as she looks in inside a box in her lap, wondering if her man will love the gift. Her lover is an SS commander, put in charge of producing a new wonder weapon, a project Herr Hitler calls "Die Letzten Bataillone". From what Sabina had heard it involved genetically altering men to make them into super humans, which are called 'Rheinlander Wolfe'. She hears heavy boot steps, her man has arrived.

Ludwig stands at six feet seven inches, cutting an impressive figure. His wild blonde hair danced in the night winds, his glasses caught the light of the moon and made him look like a demon in a black SS dress uniform with his custom tailored black trenchcoat. He looked how a warrior should look, a beastly man who'd mere appearence struck fear into the hearts of his enemies. But Sabina wasn't afraid of this man, she loved him. He sat down next to her.

"Sabina, my love. I missed you, I wanted to come see you sooner but..."

"Please, I know your work is important to our country. I'm just happy to see you again, you look wonderful." Sabina kissed him on the cheek, "I have a gift for you, an officer needs a pistol right?"

Ludwig watched as Sabina handed him the box, he opened it. Inside was a Mauser C96 pistol, with a big red '9' craved into the handle, and engraved into the barrle was 'To my beloved Hister, so he can't say I never gave him anything. -Sabina'. Hister smiled, there was a holster with the pistol, he stood and hooked it to his belt.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it. Now I can be reminded of you when ever I look at it, it will be like you're right there with me." As Hister spoke a violin began to play a meloncholic tune. "We can be together forever Sabina, I want you to be a part of my project. Tomorrow I want you to come with me to my base, Sabina."

"Yes?" Sabina could feel the knotts in her stomach. She could hear planes coming in. They're comin' to bomb the rail yard again, no worry.

"I love you, will you marry me?" Hister dropped to one knee and presented her a ring, the violin still played, Sabina's eyes were watering.

"Yes I will...!" Sabina felt to impact as a bomb landed in the street, the impact sent her flying across the diner. More bombs feel, one hit the diner directly. On into the night the bombs feel, the city became an inferno. Sabina cried out for her lover even as she felt a hunk of wood impale her gut, her eyes filled with blood, her back was burned. Then she felt herself being carried at a high speed, it felt like she was flying through the night sky. She smelled flames, that unmistakable oder of explosives then she smelled the grass of a field, and burning fur. Then she felt the cool waters of the Elbe washing over her broken.

"Sabina... SABINA!?" It was Hister, he'd saved her somehow. She couldn't see and all she felt was pain.

"Ludwig..." Her voice was weak, she wasn't going to live much longer, "Finish me... it's just my time I guess... we just weren't meant to be... my love... kill me.. don't give those bastards the satisfaction of being the ones... to kill me... to have made you cry... I'm not long for this world... My legs are gone aren't they?"

"Yes, if that is your wish my love. I'll kill you myself, but don't worry I'll follow soon after."

"No, you've got a touch of destiny left on you. Make them pay, for killing me... For forcing an end to our love before it could come to flower... I'll wait for you... on the other side... show them the pain they caused me... a young Austrian girl... tweenty years old... guilty of nothing more then falling in love.... Of seeing the beauty of a monster's heart... Of seeing.. the light... in such darkness..." Hister kissed her lips and pressed the Mauser's barrel against her temple.

"I'll make them pay with interest... My war cry will strike fear into the hearts of every man, woman, and child. The heavens will cry and hell will cower when I come for revenge. Our tears will be the ruin of this world, green shall turn to crimson. Goodbye my love." Hister pulled the trigger and let his love slip into the current of the river. He threw his head back and howled a mournful cry to the heavens, tears streaming down his face. He stopped, "I'll show them Hell. I'll drag them and their children through all nine circles, kicking and screaming. I'll laugh at their torment and feed on their suffering. I'll show them WAR!"

Hister leapt into the night, he craved blood, the Russians were closest. He found them. Thrity men enjoying the spoils of battle, rapeing the women and stealing all valubles. Hister landed into front of them.

"Who the hell are you!?" One of them cried out to him in Russian. Hister let a cruel grin spread across his face, he began to turn into his werewolf form.

"I am the great equilizer, the torrmentor of men, the beast of the underworld, no I am not the devil. He fears me, I am the crimson war king. The Mad Mercenary Ludwig Van Hister!!" Hister ripped one of the men's head off, then he put a 9millimeter into the next one's gut. For two minutes the Russians tried to gain the upper hand, while Hister tore their bodies appart. After he was done all their faces had frozen into death masks with expressions of true terror and agony upon them, for all time.

Hister looked to the sky, "All will know my pain, I'll make them understand the agony I've suffered for so many centuries. They will know my fury!"

-Kazuki Ferret