InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Happened To Innocent Life? ❯ Chaper 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Revised)
Chapter 4
Kagome had struggled with some of the wrappings, but otherwise she had done a decent job for someone with one arm. Or so she thought anyway. She would have preferred Shippo there to help her, but she had managed. Now, all there was to do was wait for the pup to wake up.
Well, in Kagome's case, get some pain reliever, since her arm was killing her, and then go to sleep. She'd used a lot of energy healing the pup, probably a lot more than she should have, but she wanted to make sure that there was no internal bleed. So, now what little energy she had left was going towards healing her arm instead of keeping the pain at bay.
“Hey, Kagome, are you goin' be alright?” Inuyasha questioned as she snuggled into her sleeping bag. He noticed that she hadn't even eaten and only hours before she'd been complaining about being hunger. “You should eat, before going to sleep.”
“I used to much of my energy and I used my arm when I shouldn't have. So it hurts. All I need is some rest and I already to some pain reliever for the pain, so that's taken care of. As for the food, I'll eat when I wake up…” Kagome explained everything as she tried holding back her yawns, knowing that he was going to want a full explanation.
Still feeling guilty about her arm, Inuyasha decided to let the subject drop. “Fine, but you better eat when you wake up.” As soon as he finished his sentence, he noticed that it had been a waste of breath for Kagome had already fallen asleep. “Damn it, Kagome, what am I going to do with you?” he sighed as he tenderly brushed her bangs from her eyes.
Seeing that Kagome was in a deep, restful sleep, Inuyasha left her side to check on the little girl.
Kagome slowly opened her eyes only to be greeted by a wondrous field full of many kinds of flowers and a small brook running through it. To complete the picture, a single tree, similar to the God Tree but not quite stood in the very center. Under that tree, Kagome could just make out a figure of a being resting with their back against the tree. Not knowing, nor having any idea what else to do, she made her way with caution towards the tree and its inhabitant.
“It is good to finally meet you, Guardian of the Shikon, in person.” The voice was soft, holding authority and wisdom, even with it echoing all through the field. “I have much to explain, and so little time.” As the voice sighed a small breeze picked up from nowhere and played with Kagome's hair.
“Who are you?” Kagome asked, unsure, once she was about a yard in front of the figure. Though she was so close to the figure, shadows engulfed the person's entire being making identifying them nearly impossible. If she had guess on their gender though, she would be more towards calling them male, just because of how muscular their structure was.
“You, my dear Guardian, may call me Kanaye.” The shadowy figure gestured Kagome closer. “Like I said before, there is much to be explained and so little time.”
She was unsure as to what to do. The feeling that was coming off the being in front of her was something Kagome couldn't describe, though she knew one thing for sure. Whoever this person was, they were trying to hide something in their aura. This made Kagome uneasy, so she stayed where she was. “What do you need to explain to me? And how do you know that I'm the Guardian of the Shikon?”
Kanaye chuckled. “Anxious aren't we…” He quieted before actually addressing Kagome. “Guardian, what do you find different about that half-breed pup that the other half-breed brought in?” There was a tint of disgust in Kanaye's voice as he spoke of the half-breeds, brushing off her question.
“His name's Inuyasha.” Kagome stressed her best friend's name. “As for the pup, she may be a half-breed but that doesn't give you the right to treat her with disrespect.” She had easily picked up on the disgust that this Kanaye was trying to hide from her. She took a weary step back as she watch the shadow that was Kanaye stand up.
“Forgive me, my Guardian.” He bowed; one arm over his broad chest. “But, may you answer my question?” Kanaye stayed in his bowed position, trying to act as none threatening as possible. He, in truth, was of no threat to the slender human female standing only a few yards away. In the place that they were in, the tree that provided shade to cover his body was more threatening to Kanaye's body than he was to Kagome, considering the tree was brimming with purifying energy. In simple fact, he was calm within Kagome's presence and felt more complete than he had since the shattering of the Shikon; why would he want to take that away?
“Well, let me think.” Kagome made sure to keep a watchful eye on the bowed figure as she thought about his question. “Well, the easiest way for me to put it would be pure but yet not, though not tainted either. She doesn't feel like any half or full breed demon I come across before.” She closed her eyes in concentration. “Also, she did feel like a human would. And again I've come in contact with many different,” she strained that word, “humans, but nothing that has felt like this.” Sighing, Kagome didn't know what to think or how to describe the energy that the girl had, though she did know one thing - the pup was injured and in need of help.
Once Kagome opened her stormy blue eyes, she found that Kanaya was nodding his head in agreement, or in approval? She couldn't tell at first, but what he said next made it clear.
“Very good, my Guardian! Very good!” Kanaya praised. “What you felt was the feeling of a forbidden priestess demon offspring.” He said nothing more for the time being, letting Kagome digest the information.
“What…What does that mean? What is a forbidden offspring?” Kagome shivered at the feelings she could feel coming off the creature in front of her, and she took an involuntary step back.
Growling, Kanaya turned his shadowed head to look at something only he could see. “Unfortunately, my Guardian, our time is up.” His voice was no longer soft but held a malice edge to it. “It is time for me to return your soul to your body.”
Kagome watched as he turned his head back towards her, and gasp. She could make out only Kanaya's hypnotic eyes' - swirling soft violet and sapphire. Shaking her head, she realized that he was still speaking.
“I've enjoyed your company, but I send you away with a warning. Perils live ahead and not all are to be trusted. Not all who come to you will be friend, my Guardian, but some will.”
Just as Kanaya's words faded, the world Kagome was in began to ripple then fade into blackness, leaving only Kagome and Kanaya's hypnotic eyes'.