InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Hurts The Most ❯ Nice To Meet You ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She was face to face with Inuyasha! No wait. It couldn't be. Inuyasha was dead, and he only had black hair and brown eyes during the new moon anyway. But this boy, Ian, looked exactly like him. Well, exactly like him while he was human

'What if he's..? No, he couldn't be. He wouldn't remember me even if he was Inuyasha's reincarnation. But, my feelings for Inuyasha were the same as Kikyo's... I wonder,' Kagome thought to herself.

"Kagome, do you mind if I had a few words with you, alone?" Ian asked.

"Um... S-sure... I-I guess..," she stuttered in reply. They walked out of an earshot of her friends.

"Why do I know you? I'm sure I've never met you before, but.."

"But what?" Kagome implored.

"But, oh never mind, you probably think I'm mad," he said, the English accent coming out in his voice. Why hadn't Kagome noticed the accent when he first spoke? He had sounded exactly like Inuyasha. Kagome decided she was going crazy.

"I think no such thing!" she retorted indignantly. "But what?"

"But... I know that I know you.. From somewhere.. Do you understand what I'm talking about?"

"Better than you might think."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You'll find out soon enough..," Kagome said enigmatically. 'If you really are his reincarnation,' she thought to herself.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he snapped. "Don't you dare leave me in the dark you stupid girl!"

Kagome just sighed and shook her head, 'It sure seems like he is. He's just as demanding and demeaning.'

"Just meet me out in front of the school after your last class is out. You're going to end up thinking I'm crazier than you are."

Ian looked at her in confusion then stalked off, clearly annoyed.

Kagome's friends giggled until Ian was out of sight, then glared at Kagome with severity.

"What did you do to chase him away?" Yuka demanded.

"You're not gonna pull the same thing you did with Hojo are you?" Eri asked with concern.

"Kagome really shouldn't be worrying about boys right now and you girls know that. She has a lot of schoolwork to be catching up on!" Ayumi exclaimed.

"Yeah guys," Kagome laughed, "I have a lot I need to catch up on."

Kagome spent all of Monday learning just how much she had missed schoolwise. The stress of the ton of classwork and her loss during the weekend made staying calm a challenge. She had especially wanted to dissolve into a teary wreck during geometry when she discovered she had missed four tests. By lunch time she had managed to do the impossible. She had caught up almost completely in her morning classes, and she had managed to do all of this without bursting into tears of frustration. After what seemed like an interminable time stuck in a desk, Kagome was shouldering her backpack. Waiting for her outside in front of the door was Ian. The bright sunshine shown down onto his glossy ebony hair, making it seem even more lustrous.

"So why am I going to think that you're crazier than me?" he asked as she stood in front of him. Ian looked down at the young girl in front of him. She was short compared to him, petite, and pretty. He couldn't help wishing the daydreams were more than just daydreams. Or were they memories? He didn't know.

"You'll see. Just come with me and I'll explain everything. It'll be easier to show you than telling you would be," Kagome answered him and they started walking to
the Higurashi Shrine. She glanced back at Ian for a second. Memories of Inuyasha danced through her mind. Ian looked so much like him that it hurt. But what if he really was Inuyasha's reincarnation? Maybe Kikyo and Inuyasha were destined to be together. After all, Kikyo's soul had been given to Kagome after her death. Maybe it was the same for Inuyasha and Ian. Kagome was getting ahead of herself. She didn't even know this guy or anything about him. Maybe the resemblence was just a coincidence. But that wouldn't explain the so-called "memories" he claimed to have.

The walk through the bustling and noisy city was too quiet for Ian's liking. He felt uncomfortable with the silence between Kagome and himself. He searched his mind for something to say, but he could come up with nothing that didn't sound stupid to him, and he already felt idiotic enough. But, Kagome was going along with this. She didn't seem to think he was crazy. In fact, she believed him. He couldn't believe that she actually listened to him without thinking him a maniac. There had to be more to this than he knew, but he wasn't so sure he wanted to know more.