InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Hurts The Most ❯ Back In The Feudal Era ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sango sat outside Lady Kaede's hut in the sunshine that was starting to fade behind a gathering of stormclouds. It had been two days since Kagome's departure and Sango was longing to know how her friend was coping with her loss. Miroku and Shippo, who had both been upset about the loss of their friend, were off searching for the Tetsaiga. They had borrowed Kirara and had left Sango to rest and mourn the loss. Shippo had wanted to stay too, but despite his whining and crying Miroku insisted he come.
"Shippo," Miroku had said, "now that Inuyasha is no longer with us, our quest to defeat Naraku has become even more dangerous than before. If you are going to stay with us, it will require you to grow up quite a bit. From now own you might be needed to help out in battle and be more involved than you are now. Meaning I need your help to search for Tetsaiga."
Shippo didn't protest anymore after that. The pair had been out searching since the day before, and Sango was expecting them to return with the Tetsaiga any time. She felt alone without her friends around and would even prefer that lecher's company to the lack of company she had now. She felt an annoying tickling on her shoulder and brushed it aside. Then she felt a sharp pain as though something was biting her. She looked down at the flea gorging itself on her blood.
"Myoga! What are you doing here?" Sango demanded.
"M'lady, I have come here to warn you of the approach of Koga and a few of his friends. Apparently word of Inuyasha's demise has spread quickly. And to inform you that Inuyasha's Tetsaiga is safe. It is with Totosai."
"Totosai? How did it get there? And how do you know of Inuyasha's demise?"
"I'm sorry m'lady. I'd love to tell you more but I must be off. Places to feed, people to bite," Myoga said while hopping away.
A small cyclone was on its way to Sango. From afar, she watched the wolf demon running to her through the long grass that was parting violently due to his speed, until he was not so far away anymore. Koga skidded to a halt in front of Sango kicking up dust in her face. Hakakku and Ginta were behind him panting, clearly exhausted.
"Where's my woman?" he demanded arrogantly.
"Your woman?" replied Sango defiantly.
"Tell me where Kagome is, wench," he retorted. "Now that muttface is out of the way I can have her all to myself. It's a shame I didn't have the chance to rid the world of him myself."
"Kagome is at home, in her era," Sango growled through gritted teeth. Koga glowered at her dubiously.
"When will she be back?"
"When she is done mourning Inuyasha's loss."
"You mean she's actually in mourning?" Koga laughed. "I will wait for her right here then," he said taking a seat, and then adding, "It shouldn't be too long."
'Well,' Sango thought with a sigh, 'I guess I was the one that wanted company. Koga will have to do.'
Later that night Miroku and Shippo returned empty handed to Lady Kaede's tiny hut. There they found Sango with Koga (who had finally decided to retire to the wooden hut after a fierce storm kicked up), Ginta, and Hakakku.
"Hello Sango," greeted Miroku in a weary voice. It was the first time she had ever heard his silver-tongue falter outside of battle.
"No luck Miroku?" she implored. Miroku shook his head and lifted the already sleeping Shippo off of Kirara's back. He set the sleeping youkai down on a futon in a separate part of the hut and then sat down leaning stiffly against a wooden wall in the hut. Sango could tell he was sore and tired. "I'm sorry you didn't find it Miroku, but Myoga came here earlier today and said that Master Totosai has posession of the sword."
Miroku sighed heavily. "So all that searching was for nothing," he muttered. Sango nodded.
"Why don't you have Kirara take you to a hot springs, Miroku. You look like you could use the relaxation," Sango offered after the storm finally died.
"How thoughtful, Sango," Miroku said, a playful smile forming on his lips. "Would you care to join?" he asked reaching over and groping her rear end. SMACK! Miroku rubbed his throbbing red cheek ruefully. "I'll take that as a no."
Miroku and Kirara left the hut again. Sango watched them fly over the forest, the idea of joining him stuck in her thoughts. But wait, that was Miroku she was thinking about. That lecherous monk would be happy to have anyone, as long as it was a woman, join him in the hot springs.
'If he weren't such a womanizer, he might be nice to have around every once in awhile,' Sango decided thoughtfully.