InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What's Life..Without Any Fun? ❯ The Beginning of the Break ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Ok this is going to be my first fic here so yeah. Please enjoy and tell me what you think about this first chapter and if you guys think it's good, well I'll write more to it and so on ok. R&R
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha and Co. so yeah they don't belong to me and well nothing else does either besides my computer.
 
Note: This is going to be in modern day Tokyo, Japan. With everyone going to either Shikon High School or Tama Middle School. Same old gang with the same old enemies and same relationship problems and same nosy people ok.
 
Ages: Inuyasha: 18
Kagome: 17
Miroku: 18
Sango: 17
Rin: 17
Sesshoumaru: 19
 
 
 
.~.Chapter 1: The Beginning of the Break.~.
 
 
Kagome laid there on her silky pink comforter that covered her decent twin sized bed thinking about her life and what went on through the years.
 
Her facial expression remained emotionless while her eyes blankly stared at the whit ceiling above her.
 
* I have everything I would ever need right now so why….Why do I feel empty inside…I know that everything hasn't been so great since papa died and when we had to move in with gramps…But nothing is terrible…Still….*
 
“HEY KAGOME, BREAKFEAST IS READY!!!!!!” Her younger brother Souta called out to her.
 
“COMING SOUTA!!!!” Kagome yelled back in return.
 
She hopped off her bed looking down at her cloths to see if they had been wrinkled from her lying on the bed.
 
She smoothed out her white shirt which the words “Innocent” put on it in blue.
 
She checked to make sure that her navy denim hip hugger jeans didn't get anything on them.
 
She walked out of her room and headed down the stairs with a skip in each of her steps.
 
“Good morning dear” Kagome's mother greeted as she saw her daughter enter the kitchen.
 
“Good morning mama” Came Kagome's reply as she sat herself down at the table while she ignored her grandpa babble on about different spells and wards to fight off demons.
 
“Come on Grandpa what world are you living in? We live in peace with demons remember. We don't need to “ward” them off anymore!” Souta explained to his grandfather with a look that said “Please tell me he's kidding.”
 
“Souta behave yourself and show more respect towards your grandfather.” Mrs. Higurashi said in calm and collected tone.
 
“Yes mama….Sorry Gramps.” Souta apologized with his head bowed and his arms at his side.
 
“Young people these days! Hmph!! They have no respect for their elders!!! Why back when I was young ….”
 
“Ok Gramps I think that's enough for one day, well it's time to go, come on Souta or I'll leave you behind!” Kagome said while purposely interrupting her grandfather and saving them all from another one of his tales.
 
“Hey come on sis wait up!!” Souta rushed to say as he grabbed his pack and hurried to catch up with Kagome.
 
“Hurry up Souta or we'll be late for school!!!” Kagome said as she placed her pack on her back and ran out the door while saying a quick goodbye to her mother and grandfather.
 
 
After making sure her brother got to Tama Middle School safely she ran the extra two blocks to get to Shikon High School.
 
As she walked through the entrance of the school she looked around as though trying to locate someone.
 
“Hey Kagome wait up!!!!” A voice called out from behind Kagome.
 
She turned around and spotted her best friend since middle school running toward her with a smile gracing her face.
 
“Sango!!!!” Kagome exclaimed happy to see her friend for the first time since the ending of last year when both of them had been juniors.
 
They both embraced each other tightly and then separated an arms length apart to look at one another to try and see what was different.
 
“Wow Sango you look great, almost the same as last year. It's like nothing's change.” Kagome said as she looked at Sango's outfit which consisted of a black short-sleeved shirt that showed a decent amount of cleavage with the words “Bite Me” imprinted on the shirt in a hot pink color and a pair of black denim pants that shaped out her slim legs with a pair of black tennis shoes with hot pink laces.
 
“Thanks Kags you don't look to bad yourself” Sango said with a smile adorning her face.
 
As both the girls chatted about how their summer had been they didn't notice a figure sneak up behind Sango.
 
That is until Sango felt something that shouldn't have been there.
 
“PERVERT!!!!!!!!!” Sango screamed as she turned around and slapped the living hell out of the person who seemed to have groped her.
 
“Can't stay out of trouble for one minute can you Miroku?”
 
“Well you know me Inuyasha I can't just stand by while letting something as beautiful as this go about without being appreciated” The person now identified as Miroku said as he got up from the floor and stood by the character known as Inuyasha.
 
“ I'm so terribly sorry Ms. It's just that you being such a beautiful creature and having your delicate body go unnoticed seemed like a crime I had to right.”
 
“Oh please Miroku, you've done that to already half the female population at this school already” Inuyasha gruffly said to Miroku's excuse.
 
All the while Sango was glaring at the perverted boy with a blush tinted on her cheeks.
 
“Ummm…Sango maybe we should go and find Rin and possibly not find anymore trouble then this.” Kagome said as she looked at the two boys that stood in front of them.
 
The Miroku guy stood dressed in a black dress shirt that had a few buttons undone so you could see a white wife-beater underneath it with a pair of black jeans that sagged a bit and a pair of black tennis shoes.
 
While the Inuyasha person wore a black dress shirt with the buttons undone to show a red muscle shirt under that showed off his well-toned body. He also wore a pair of baggy black pants and black shoes that had red laces.
 
As Kagome and Sango turned to leave it looked as though Miroku was panicking trying to think of something to say that would have them stay.
 
“ Umm..We're new here and we can't seem to find the office to get our schedules!!”
 
“What do you think you're doing monk!!!!” Inuyasha snarled looking furiously at Miroku.
 
Kagome turned around to them briefly saying “ If you go through the main building and walk down the entrance hall and take a left at the second intersection and walk down that hall you'll find that main office where you can get your schedules.”
 
She then turned around without another word and kept walking along side of Sango.
 
“Wouldn't it be easier to just lead us there?!?!?!” Miroku cried out almost desperately.
 
Sango groaned in annoyance while knowing how nice her friend is and also knowing that she would lead them there.
 
Kagome stopped walking and turned around to face the two boys again. She gave Sango and unsure look but Sango just waved her hand telling Kagome it was ok.
 
“Alright well follow us and we'll take you there” Kagome said cheerfully.
 
“Keh we don't need your help” Inuyasha said.
 
“Well your friend says differently” Kagome replied while having a slight glare pointed towards Inuyasha.
 
Kagome turned around once again and began to walk towards the schools main building.
 
Sango trailed along side her with a thoughtful expression on her face.
 
*Wow , that's the first time I have ever seen Kagome glare at a person like that…hell she even puts up with Kouga while having a smile on her face…I wonder what's happening with her *
 
Miroku followed in the back while dragging a grumpy hanyou behind him.
 
“Come on Inuyasha this isn't going to be so bad..and besides both of these girls are actually really polite.”
 
“ Whatever monk all you're doing is seeing how nice their bodies are like the pervert you are!!”
 
“Inuyasha I'm hurt after all these years we've been friends how could you think such a thing of me” Miroku cried out with his hand balled into a fist at his shirt and him faking to be hurt.
 
“ Oh please Miroku save your acting for someone who will actually buy it!” Inuyasha said.
 
Kagome looked back at the two boys behind her through the corner of her eye wondering about them.
 
When they finally reached the office Sango stool beside Kagome with her arms crossed and an annoyed look plastered on her face.
 
“Ok this is where you can get your schedules so you don't need us anymore” Sango said as she turned around ready to leave.
 
“Come on Kagome let's go and find Rin.”
 
“Ok Sango..goodbye to the both of you” Kagome said with a wave of her hand she hurried to catch up to Sango.
 
“Oh wait we didn't even get to introduce ourselves properly!!!!!” Miroku yelled after them.
 
Once again both girls stopped in their tracks looking at each other. With a quiet sigh both Sango and Kagome turned towards the two boys looking at them waiting for their “proper” introduction.
 
“I'm Miroku and this guy with the silver hair is Inuyasha.” Miroku smiled as he pointed to the annoyed boy standing besides him.
 
“My name's Kagome and this is Sango.” Kagome replied pointing towards Sango who had an identical look on her face that Inuyasha shared.
 
“Well we'd love to chat more with you guys but we have to go and find out friend Rin” Sango said while dragging Kagome down the hall by her arm and out of the school building.
 
This left the two boys standing there in an awkward silence while staring at the spot the two had been standing in just a second ago.
 
“Well this is going to be an interesting year wouldn't you say so Inuyasha?”
 
“With those two girls I have to agree with you letch.”
 
.~.Outside the School Building.~.
 
Kagome walked besides Sango as she thought about what just happened.
 
*Ok we have just met two of the strangest people I have ever seen. But they didn't seem all that bad..except for that guy..what was his name …oh yeah Inuyasha, that boy is very rude! What a year this is going to turn out to be.*