InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Will Happen, Will Happen ❯ The Appology ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any character from the TV show Inuyasha, I do own OCs I'm gonna add eventually, chapter 8-9 probably, whatever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Kagome woke up before anyone, after having had a nightmare about Inuyasha.

'Oh…I'm so tired' Kagome though as she was waking up, 'I can't believe Inuyasha hasn't apologized yet! Although knowing him, he probably never will…Oh I don't know what to do! I need time to think…away from him…'

"Sango" Kagome whispered, careful not to wake anyone else, "Sango!"

"Huh?" Sango grumbled, "…what?"

"I'm going home for a few days" replied Kagome, and walked away.

'I sure hope I'm doing the right thing' thought Kagome as she approached The Bone-Eater's Well. (is that spelled right? I should check it, but I'm kinda lazy, lol…anyways)

"Well…here goes nothing!" she said out loud as she jumped in.

"Mom! Grandpa! Sota! I'm home!" yelled Kagome faking cheeriness as she entered the house, "Hello?"

"Kagome, dear" her mom yelled from the kitchen, "you're back early, we weren't expecting you for a few more weeks…"

"Yup, well I missed you guys" replied Kagome.

"Oh, honey" her mom said, arriving in the living room, where Kagome was, "did you fight with Inuyasha again?"

"Euh…" said Kagome, shocked.

'How does she know??' she thought, and then said with a fake laugh, "what makes you say that?"

"Well, the only time you come home early is when you fight with Inuyasha." Said her mother, knowingly.

"Tha-that's not true…" said Kagome, although knowing it was.

"Come on Kagome, answered her mom, "I'm your mother! I know these things! So what was it this time?"

"Ah" sighed Kagome, "We just had an argument, that's all, okay?!"

"Must have been quite an argument" replied her mom, "to make you this upset…"

"It's okay" reassured Kagome, "I'm fine, I just needed time away from Inuyasha"

"If you say so, dear" said her mother, "why don't you help me make lunch for Sota and you grandfather?"

"Sure mom" replied Kagome, forcing a smile, "what are we making?"

"Ramen" she answered.

"Oh." Kagome said, 'that's Inuyasha's favorite…' (I don't even know what the hell ramen is; I just read Inuyasha likes it)

Kagome and her mom then left into the kitchen to prepare lunch. Meanwhile, back in the Feudal Era, Miroku and Inuyasha were just waking up. Sango had already been awake for a while, ever since Kagome had woken her up.

"Where's Kagome?!" asked Inuyasha, but then remembering he wasn't talking to her, added, "Not that I care…"

"Way to go, man" mocked Miroku, "You really hate her…"

"What?" asked Sango confused.

"Damn Miroku" said Inuyasha, "Tell the world!"

"Would someone mind clearing this up?" asked Sango, still confused.

"Well, in case you hadn't noticed…" started Miroku, receiving a dirty look from Inuyasha, but quickly continuing, "Inuyasha got over Kikyo, and into Kagome"

"Oh!" said Sango, surprised, "Is this true Inuyasha?"

"Feh!" Inuyasha replied.

"I assure you, Sango-Chan, it is" Miroku answered for him.

Inuyasha growled.

"Wow" said Sango, quietly, "so I was right…"

"Now that everyone knows, thanks to Miroku" said Inuyasha angrily, "would anyone mind telling me where she is?"

"She returned home" Sango replied, "For a few days, to clear her head"

"Damn wench!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"Inuyasha, calling her a wench is what got you into this situation" said Miroku, "Don't you think you should avoid doing that?"

"She's not here to hear it, is she?" said Inuyasha bitterly, "Why didn't you stop her?!"

"It's not my place to do so" Sango replied, "It's yours"

"She's right you know" said Miroku, "only you can fix this"

"Just then Shippo woke up, looked around, and noticed Kagome was missing.

"Inuyasha!" he yelled, "what did you do to Kagome?"

"Feh. Nothing you little…" Inuyasha started.

"Actually" Miroku interrupted, "Inuyasha drove her off with his constant insults"

"You baka*!" Shippo said, kicking him. (*baka=Japanese word for like idiot or stupid or something)

"Without Kagome here" Inuyasha said, picking Shippo up by the tail, an evil expression on his face, "no one's gonna stop me from doing whatever I want!"

"HEY!" Shippo screamed, kicking, "put me down!"

"Inuyasha!" Sango threatened with her Haricots, "put him down!"

"Feh!" said Inuyasha, dropping Shippo on the ground.

"Ouch!" Shippo whined.

"Feh!" said Inuyasha, "I'm going to get Kagome"

"Yay!" Shippo cheered.

"Don't mess it up" advised Miroku.

Giving him a dirty look, Inuyasha left. He walked a few minutes n the forest before arriving to the clearing where The Bone-Eaters Well was. He jumped in.

'I sure hope she forgives me' thought Inuyasha as he jumped out of the well and into Modern Times, 'I could never live it down if she didn't!'

Inuyasha entered Kagome's house to find the refreshing smell of ramen filling the air. "Mmmm" he said, as he followed the smell to the kitchen.

"Euh…hi" he said as he walked in on Kagome's family's meal.

"What are you doing here?" asked Kagome, rudely.

"Inuyasha!" Sota exclaimed, "Want some ramen? We have enough…"

"Sure!" said Inuyasha, unable to resist.

Kagome sighed as her mom prepared Inuyasha a bowl.

Inuyasha ate the ramen quietly, as Sota continuously asked him questions, after all, Inuyasha had been his hero ever since he first met him. Kagome didn't say a word and her grandpa blabbed on about one of his crazy 'spiritual' items.

"Kagome" Inuyasha said after his second bowl of ramen, "I need to talk to you"

"Euh…okay…" Kagome answered, looking at her mom, who nodded, "let's go in the living room"

After they entered the living room, Inuyasha turned around to face Kagome. He looked at her a moment, then took her hand, shocking her. She had been expecting another argument, and there he was, holding her hand.

"Kagome…" Inuyasha started, "I'm so sorry…"

"It's okay" she interrupted, knowing this was hard for him.

"No. Let me finish" he replied, "I didn't mean it…I never do…"

"It's okay" said Kagome, "I understand"

"Kagome…" Inuyasha said, "I-I love you…"

'Oh my god!' thought Inuyasha, 'did I really just confess my love to her?! Oh god…'

'Oh my god!' thought Kagome, 'did he really just tell me…he loves me? …wow, Sango was right…'

"Oh…" replied Kagome, "I see…"

"That's all?" he said, very disappointed.

"Yes…I mean no…" said Kagome, "I mean…I love you too Inuyasha!"

Inuyasha then gave her a hug, and a few seconds later, a sweet, passionate kiss. When Inuyasha pulled back, he smiled at her, she smiled back.

"Wow…" Kagome whispered.

"Euh…yeah…" said Inuyasha, embarrassed, "anyways, we have to go back now…"

"Oh…yeah…" she replied, "Of course"

Inuyasha and Kagome left for the Feudal Era, stopping to say bye to Kagome's mom first. They walked slowly, an awkward silence filling the air.

'Wow!' Kagome thought, 'He actually kissed me! This is, by far, the best day of my life! First he apologizes, and then he tells me he loves me and kisses me!! Wow…why isn't he saying anything? Maybe I should say something…but what?'

Kagome then jumped into the well, fallowed by Inuyasha. On the other side, they walked side by side, until they reached the clearing where they had set camp a few nights before. The first thing they saw as they arrived was Miroku laying over Sango, passionately kissing her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~Long chapter, I know, but it was one of the better ones, right? Lol, anyways, I love it! It's my favorite chapter, so far anyways. I'm warning you guys now, next chapter is really messed up… (you'll see what I mean when I post it)…like the start is good, but then…well, I dunno, it's really badly written, but when you read it, you'll see it would have taken such a long time to write any other way, and I was getting bored of writing about the same thing! Plus I suck at battle scenes (ok really minor part of next chapter…) I actually updated on time, lol! Ok I'm really hyper… Anyways, R&R! Oh and thanks to all the reviewers, I love getting reviews! (And Jo, if you still read my story, don't blame you if you don't, lol, REVIEW! Thanks)

Oh and I also read somewhere recently that Sango never calls Miroku, Miroku, well I never noticed this before, and I might have made her call him Miroku somewhere, sorry about that. (If I did it)

Ok, not that anyone really cares, but Friday night I saw Inuyasha episode 38, 'Two Hearts, One Mind', and it was like one of the best episode I ever saw! Anyways, won't say anymore, don't want to spoil it if some people haven't seen it.