InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What You See ❯ Off To Work We Go ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BEEP…..BEEP…..BEEP

A very sleep deprived Kagome hit the sleep button on The Alarm Clock from Hell. Ahhh….now for some nice, refreshing sleeeeeeeep. The girl was in the stage of getting to sleep where the whole world seems to have warm fuzz put over it, making everything and everyone seem slow and lazy. Just as she was about to leave that world, ‘someone’ came in and bounced very hard on poor Kagome’s head.

“Owwwww Sango. What the heck is wrong with you?” Cranky Kagome asked in a ‘Why me?’ tone.

“Don’t give me that Kagome. If you’re gonna be out all night without telling me, I’m not gonna let you sleep in.” Sango hated being left out. “Come on! I made my chocolate chip pancakes and if you don’t get up I guess I’ll just have to eat them all…” That got Kagome’s attention. Sango knew that her friend would never pass up the opportunity of chocolate. Mmmm….chocolate. Yummy!!

Kagome quickly jumped of the bed, dumping Sango on the floor. “Umm… ow!”

“Sorry Sango, but I smell pancakes and they’re calling me!” Kagome ran to the kitchen and had already gulped down half a pancake smothered in chocolate sauce. Sango stared. Oookay, someone’s hungry.

“So what were you doing last night that got you so hungry?” Kagome paused in the act of raising her cholesterol. When Kagome helped a ghost move on, it always made her exhausted for some reason. Like a part of her went with the spirit. But that missing part of her always came back after a goodnights sleep and about three pounds later.

“Uhh, working out.” That was the first thing that popped into Kagome’s head. She’s not the most imaginative of people. Which is odd, because you would think that someone who’s had years ghost busting experience could have come up with something more original. But, Kagome isn’t exactly what you’d call normal, so whatever.

“Uh-huh. So basically you work out to lose weight and then you come home, sleep, and stuff your face with whatever happens to have the most sugar within easy reach right?” Sango said with raised eyebrows.

“Yeah, I uh guess it’s a lost cause huh?”

“You think so?”

“Well you don’t have to be sarcastic.” Kagome muttered, which, of course, Sango heard.

“Yes, I do.”

Kagome stuck her tongue out at her meanie roommate and went to get dressed for work. Kagome worked as a tour guide for this old house on the out skirts of town. It was actually a great tourist attraction. There were several reports of a haunting, but all those mysteriously stopped after a certain tour guide began work. So, losing the real hauntings, the owners of the house rigged a bunch of machines to fake one. Kagome was still getting used to the holograms popping up in the middle of her little, practiced speeches about the architecture.

She quickly dressed in a white short sleeved button up dress shirt, and dark green pleated skirt. Like in the anime. Kagome ran out to her car and pulled out of the driveway. It took her about fifteen minuets to get to the Wicker House, as it was dubbed about five years ago. Yes I know it’s a lame name (hey that rhymed!!) but I’m the author and what I say goes. So there!! (O Kami, now I sound like my mother!! screams in horror) She pulled around back and parked in the woods out of view of the house.

But before Kagome could get out she heard a little coughing sound, the kind someone used to get somebody’s attention. She slowly turned and saw…..