InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Exorcists Fall In Love ❯ When Exorcists Fall In Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

When Exorcists Fall in Love
In the series Inu-Yasha, Sango and Miroku's relationship is often overshadowed by the love-story between Kagome and Inu-Yasha. However, it deserves a closer look. The chemistry between them grows throughout the series, making Sango and Miroku's story worthy of this Anime Amour. (Spoiler Alert! This article covers events up to episode 132 of the series, so read at your own risk!)
The Demon Hunter…Sango
After Naraku kills everyone in her village, Sango joins Inu-Yasha, Kagome, and their crew in their quest to collect the Shikon shards and defeat Naraku. Sango is an expert demon hunter and her weapon looks like a giant boomerang. Sango owns a fluffy fire cat named Kirara who keeps her company wherever she goes. Sango's rarely seen without her trusty sidekick, Kirara.
The Perverted Priest…Miroku
Miroku is a lecherous monk who flirts with every girl who crosses his path and asks them to bear his children. As a result of a curse by Naraku, Miroku has a Wind Tunnel located in his hand, which acts likes a vacuum and sucks up everything in its path. Although he may not always act like it, deep down Miroku's really a good guy. The ladies' man with Air Void in Hand!
Not-so-perfect Meeting…Their Story
When Sango first joins Inu-Yasha and Kagome on their mission, Miroku's behavior doesn't exactly lead to the best first impression. He gropes her and his creepy actions make her suspicious of him. Whenever he is near her, she assumes he has ulterior motives. As the series progresses and they spend more and more time together, Sango realizes that there's more to Miroku than she originally thought. Combined with how they grow closer together after they save each other's lives, Sango starts to develop feelings for him, and Miroku starts falling in love with her. Sango never gets jealous of Miroku's constant flirting.
Bear my children?...Evidence
Miroku hits on virtually every pretty girl that crosses his path in the quest to defeat Naraku and collect the Shikon shards. It becomes obvious quite early in the series that Sango disapproves of his behavior and is jealous. In fact, Sango often follows him closely simply to make sure he won't run away with a pretty girl.
They end up saving each other many times throughout the series, and these events are usually followed by moments between them. For instance, in one episode, Miroku uses his Wind Tunnel to save Sango and Kagome from Naraku's poisonous bees. Miroku is poisoned and Sango helps nurse him back to health.
In episode 56, Sango ends up saving Miroku from a demon, but is depressed afterwards. In a cute scene at the end of the episode, Miroku tries to make her feel better. He thanks her for worrying about him. When Sango insists that she's not jealous of his behavior, Miroku puts his hand over hers. She blushes and just when it looks like things are going right, Miroku ruin the moment by acting like a creep. Tender moments are often followed by…Sango's handprint on Miroku's face!
Soon after, Sango leaves to repair her weapon. Miroku worries about her when she's gone. By this point in the series, it's clear he's developed feelings for her.
Episode 78 is a key episode. A prince from Sango's past asks her hand in marriage. Miroku pretends not to mind, when in reality, his heart is breaking. Miroku thinks that Sango will be happier and safer with the prince than she would be fighting demons. In a touching scene, Miroku tells her to “be happy”, proving that he cares deeply for her. Another short, but sweet moment.
Later in the same episode, Miroku saves Sango from a demon and is wounded in the process. Sango is touched, and the act seems to repair the gap between them. In a cute scene at the end of the episode, she ends up sharing an umbrella with Miroku. Miroku is his creepy self, but for the first time ever, Sango laughs it off.
In a later episode, Sango and Miroku go on a mission together to track down Naraku. There's an entire series of episodes with Sango and Miroku evidence, but one of the greatest moments happens in episode 118. In a battle with Kagura, Sango is knocked unconscious. Miroku is determined to protect her and uses his Wind Tunnel despite the fact that Naraku's poisonous bees are around. Sango awakens later to find Miroku laying over her and poisoned. He tells her to go on without him. Sango tells him that she'd rather die by his side.
Thankfully they survive, and in episode 132, they end up in a village possessed by demons. After catching Miroku with a pretty girl late at night, Sango follows him to check on his behavior. Unfortunately, the women of the village capture and possess Sango. Miroku saves her and realizes that it was because of him that Sango was possessed in the first place.
At the end of the same episode, Miroku and Sango sit by a river. Miroku tells Sango that he never thought about falling in love with her. Sango interprets this as rejection, but just as she gets up to walk away, Miroku asks her a question. He wants to know if she would like to live with him and bear his children, after Naraku is defeated. Sango accepts his proposal, and at the end of the episode, they can be seen sitting together on the riverbank.
There are more Miroku and Sango moments in the series and if you haven't seen them already, you can look forward to seeing them yourself.
After the Battle? The Future
Miroku has promised that if he survives his final ordeal with Naraku, he will marry Sango. Whether he does or not, is unknown. What we do know, however, is that they both love each other and will end up in each other's arms. Whether or not these two will be “going to the chapel” remains to be seen.