InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Lights Go Down ❯ Chapter 13

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InuTaisho let out a deep breath as he pulled in front of Naraku's daycare center. After he'd met the man at the hospital, they'd both kept in contact, Naraku severing his ties with Izayoi almost immediately. Not because of InuTaisho and their agreement, the spider hanyou had told him, but because Izayoi still didn't get it. They'd run into each other almost immediately after he'd left Inuyasha at the hospital. Her actions had caused him to sit down and think about what it was he truly wanted from a woman and Izayoi wasn't it. What else had happened between them, InuTaisho didn't know. Naraku wasn't volunteering the information and he wasn't going to press for it. In the backseat sat both Inuyasha and Sesshomaru. Yashira had wanted to come but couldn't. The restaurant had called her, saying they had a situation. He would simply have to tell her how things had gone once they were home.
 
“`apa? `ou `kay?” came the quiet inquiry. InuTaisho chuckled.
 
“Hai, Inuyasha. I'm okay. You're here to see Naraku, remember?”
 
“`aku!”
 
InuTaisho chuckled again. When Inuyasha got it in his head to be happy to “see” someone, it showed.
 
“Yes. Naraku. He's going to teach you something new today. You remember what it is?”
 
“`ano!”
 
From his rearview mirror, InuTaisho watched Sesshomaru's futile struggle to not smile at the hanyou's enthusiasm. Inuyasha practically bounced in his seat, despite the straps holding him in place, and the pup had the biggest grin InuTaisho had ever seen. When Sesshomaru moved to release him, however, he immediately sat perfectly still. Once they were off him, he was in his aniki's arms and ready to go.
 
“Nee-cha `ay?”
 
“Yes, Inuyasha. I'm staying. I'm taking lessons, too.”
 
They got out of the car and made their way in . . .
 
* * *
 
Izayoi watched from across the street as InuTaisho, another silver-haired boy, and her son went into Naraku's daycare center. A soft sigh escaped her. He looked so happy . . . without her.
 
When Naraku told her that he was leaving her because of the way she had behaved, she'd lost it. She had said some things, some terrible things, and they had sliced the crimson-eyed man to the bone. Of course, she hadn't known that Naraku has a hanyou himself when she'd said them but they'd still been said. Izayoi cursed herself for her lack of sight. She'd been able to detect things like that before.
 
'But he was right . . . Inuyasha doesn't need me . . . he has a family that already loves and adores him . . . Kami, I've been so blind.'
 
The last several days had been a torment on her, as she'd given up smoking, but she was determined not to give up hope. She's also moved out of her parents' home so she wouldn't relapse. One day she'd be able to visit her son and not have him choke around her. In the meantime, she'd watch him from afar and make sure that he was kept safe. She still had a lot to learn and to do.
 
Izayoi turned away from the window and glanced at the woman who had become her counselor. By her choice.
 
“Sorry about that, Dr. Sugara,” she murmured. “I just saw my son enter the building across the street . . .”
 
“That's quite all right, Izayoi,” she smiled. “And please . . . call me Sango . . .”
 
* * *
 
Dear InuTaisho,
 
I know that I'm the last person that you want to hear from right this moment, but please . . . don't throw this away. What I have to say is very important.
 
This isn't an easy thing for me to do so please bear with me . . .
 
First of all, I wish to apologize for my actions, especially after I found out my son . . . our son . . . still lived. I had assumed that you'd be like most human men and not want to take sole responsibility of such a young child. Therefore, I believed that you'd be glad that I was inquiring about him. When you said those words . . . about me not seeing him ever . . . something in me snapped. I had to take him away . . . for very selfish reasons. I didn't want to believe everything you had said . . . it took me losing someone very important and dear to my heart for my eyes to open to what was going on, to what my actions had done to that child. I just hope that one day you and Inuyasha will be able to forgive me.
 
Second, I wish for a second chance with my son. I know I won't be able to visit Inuyasha in person, not for a very long time, but I would still like that opportunity . . . so . . . if you are willing, I'd like to be able to watch my son grow up . . . I promise I won't approach him until you're ready for me to do so . . . If it isn't too much to ask for, I would really like to have some pictures . . . for the things I've missed . . . and for the things that I don't want to miss. You don't have to give me an answer right away. You don't even have to give me an answer at all. This is merely a request. That's all.
 
I know I haven't given you any reason to trust me . . . Given everything I had done, I wouldn't trust me if I were you . . . but this is all I'm asking for . . .
 
And there isn't much else for me to say now . . . so I'll just end it here . . .
 
Hukara Izayoi
 
******************************
 
Dear Naraku,
 
I'm sorry, baby. Please forgive me.
 
Izayoi
 
*********************************
 
Izayoi set her pen down, smiling sadly at the two letters she had just written. At her next session, she'd show them to her counselor, as she had promised she would.