InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Lights Go Down ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

InuTaisho read the piece of paper in his hands for what felt like the dozenth time and sighed. He had already decided not to press charges against Izayoi or her family for their less-than-casual treatment of Inuyasha. As much as he'd hated to admit it, they were part of Inuyasha's family. Eventually the pup would want to meet them, if only to satisfy his own curiosity. Until that point, InuTaisho wanted nothing to do with the Hukara clan . . . then her letter came. Now he felt like he was facing yet another unpleasant situation.
 
'I can't think like that!' he scolded himself as he set the paper down and quietly padded to his youngest son's room. 'She is his biological mother. I can't keep them separated forever. He will want to see her. There isn't anything I can do to change that. It will be only natural for him.'
 
He paused outside the five-year-old's room, watching and listening. Inside were Yashira and Sesshomaru, both playing some sort of game with Inuyasha. Their faces were lit with smiles and laughter, and InuTaisho couldn't help but smile himself. He didn't know why he hadn't seen it before . . . but he had the perfect family.
 
'It's time I bring them together . . . and I can grant Izayoi's requests for pictures . . . it won't hurt anything . . . so long as she understands that she can't see him unless I tell her she can . . .'
 
“`apa!”
 
Tiny arms wrapped around his legs and the child hugging him flashed a fang-ish grin.
 
“Papa,” Yashira chuckled. “He wants you to join us.”
 
“Is that so?” InuTaisho smiled, scooping his son up. “I think I can manage that.”
 
He strode to the center of the room and sat down, joining his family for one final moment together before Yashira and Sesshomaru had to leave . . .