InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Lights Go Down ❯ Chapter 15

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“`ama!”
 
Yashira let out a soft sigh and shook her head as she set the knife down. She didn't know why but every time she heard that young voice call for her, her heart felt like it would simply melt. Why Inuyasha had started calling her 'mama', she hadn't been able to say. It had always been “`ash'a” then . . . “`ama.”
 
“Hai, Inuyasha?”
 
She turned as the five-year-old came into the kitchen. He held his arms out in front of him and slightly high. Chuckling, she strode to him and lifted him up. With practiced ease, she had him balanced on her hip in no time.
 
“`elp?” he tilted his head as he “gazed” at her.
 
“Help?” she echoed. He nodded. “Do you need help with something, pup?”
 
Inuyasha shook his head then pointed at her.
 
“`elp?”
 
“Do I need help?” Another nod from him. Yashira chuckled once more. “No, pup. I don't need help. Thank you for asking, though.” Then a thought came to her and she nuzzled the tiny boy. “Would you like to dance with me, Inuyasha?”
 
“I would,” a masculine voice stated. “If you don't mind, that is.”
 
Yashira glanced up to see InuTaisho leaning against the kitchen doorframe, his arms folded and a warm smile on his face.
 
“Of course, Tai. That would be nice,” she smiled, nodding her head.
 
He crossed the room, his arms sliding around her waist. Keeping a hold of the pup, she wrapped one arm around his neck and rested her cheek against his chest. InuTaisho had asked her for a second chance. An honest-to-goodness second chance . . . and she had accepted. There were always going to be problems. Izayoi still wanted some form of contact with the small boy. Tai was willing to meet with her requests. She didn't agree with it but it wasn't her decision to make.
 
'That's okay,' she thought as the three of them swayed, their bodies close together in a hug. 'We don't need happy endings. We just need each other and we can survive anything.'