InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Whose Child is This? ❯ Meeting Everyone ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
The next morning we got out of bed a little earlier than normal to make sure that everything was ready for Ms. Wind and the Fushins. Sesshoumaru wanted to make sure that the weapons I knew were ready in the arena and the board ready for teaching in the study. The activity level was astounding for so early in the morning. Everyone was coming over as well to meet my teachers and so that everyone got some impute but I had a feeling they were meddling and perhaps thinking that I was not as sure of things as I should be. What my sisters always failed to realize was that I followed my heart and my heart had yet to lead me to a bad decision and while I could never explain why I knew things would work out I knew that this time that they would. My sisters were here now and so were Inuyasha and Papa Sugumi. They were all sitting around while Papa and Sesshoumaru talked. Finally nine am rolled around and Ms. Wind was due any moment. I finally tuned the conversation back in.
“Father, I am well aware of the needs of the company and you handled these things before. I see no reason at this time for me to take over the functions as head of the company. I am needed here for the beginning of Kagome's classes and training. The tutors are for the most part unknown though I met the couple for the weapons training. Ms. Wind and Bokusenou Masaki will be starting this week and we will need to iron out the timing between all three people. You can handle taking Mrs. Mamoru in and showing her around. Her husband is probably going to be around awhile, for Kagome took well to Mr. Fushin, and they are going to spar against me to show Kagome some moves about what she is going to be learning.”
“I still believe everything will be fine and we have important board meetings coming up that you should be at not getting briefed on afterwards. This company that we joined with while it was small and poorly managed does have some very bright minds and I would feel better with you there to make sure you know the people and not doing guess work on personalities.” His father implored.
“We can save this discussion for this evening father Ms. Wind and the trainers should be here in moments and I do not need this distraction right now. Things will work out as they always have.”
“Sesshoumaru did you not...”
“Sir, Ms. Wind is here and so is Mr. Masaki with the instrument.” Susumu interrupted as he walked in.
“Sit there and be quiet father as I said this business can wait till this evening. Nothing is scheduled for today since I cleared it with everyone on Saturday.” Sesshoumaru glared at his father and I hummed a little and rubbed his arm to remind him that I was here for him. He started to relax some. “Escort them in Susumu.”
“Very well sir.”
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
The first impression of Ms. Wind was that my little one had an odd way of evening her trainers and teachers. While knowledge and music would come from youkai which would serve her well growing in a youkai household she was being trained by those that had the same strength that she would have. It made me realize that she might not have known that Ms. Wind was a youkai when saying she didn't have a preference it made me happy that while she was being taught I was not going to have to explain much to a teacher that would have the knowledge of why she would not age as quickly as normal.
Ms. Wind have a blood red eye colour and midnight black hair. She had the usual fair complection that all youkai share. She was dressed in a version of kimono that was a bit revealing but it would be classy if it weren't for the underlying thought as to whether this was her choice in clothing or if it was to try and seduce. When she turned to look at us her eyes scanned over me but I approved that she stopped and was looking directly at Kagome. Kagome wiggled out of my embrace and went to stand directly in front of the woman. Kneeling down to put her on the same level she put out her hand for Kagome to take and while I could not see it I knew through the bond that she was smiling.
“Pleased to meet you Ms. Wind. I am Kagome your student for the week or more. Do I meet expectations?”
The woman blinked slowly at Kagome and seemed to think for a moment, she finished shaking Kagome's hand and before anyone could blink her other hand flashes with a fan and I felt wind and rushed to Kagome's side but a barrier was sparkling around her and I stopped.
“That was not wise Ms. Wind, for if I had been a normal child that could have thrown me into the wall. However, since I have been around youkai enough I know there must be a show of dominance and I sincerely hope that your test was sufficient so that we can get onto other things.” For a moment everyone stopped as they were and waited to see what she would say.
“Very good, you are worth my time. Let us see what you know hmm?” Ms. Wind held out her hand again and Kagome took it and they took off to what I assume was the study and I just stood there unsure what just happened.
“What just happened?” shouted Inuyasha.
“It seems that Kagome understands youkai nature better than most. Pups are constantly tested to test their strength and intelligence. Some females still teach the old ways and you must earn your place before they teach you anything further. Kagome just demonstrated that she is aware of her powers and is not afraid to push back. They had an instant melding and understanding of each other. I have not seen the like for centuries.” Stated Sugumi.
“That is all very well and good but she could have seriously have hurt her. She had no way of knowing that Kagome could have stopped that attack! What kind of people are you getting to teach my sister!”
“Actually she did have an idea of how much your sister could take.” I said as I began to piece things together.
“What do you mean?”
“I talked to her Saturday and she was told what level of comprehension she had and so if like followed suit that she would have training in powers or at least movement then Kagome should have been able to either block or dodge the attack. I think Kagome noticed what she was doing long before we did. As my father stated it has been many years since such was needed to weed out the weak and the unworthy.”
Kikyo stared speechless at us for a moment and then Inuyasha pulled her to him and began a low growl to bring in her raging anger.
“It does no good to be upset. I was not prepared for a teacher still following the old ways and now that i know things will work out better. Do not be concerned for she was warned what would happen to her if she harmed her pupil. Have a good day all.”
Leaving the living room I followed the trail of Kagome and Ms. Wind down the hall to the study. It was nice to see Kagome opening books and explaining how far she had reached to her new teacher to show where they could start. Walking in neither paid me any attention. Clearing my throat I waited a moment before speaking.
“Ms. Wind I take it you have enough information now to go on. Are you willing to Teach Kagome?”
“I have not seen such a bright pupil in many years Lord Sesshoumaru. She will be a pleasure to teach. If she can keep up with my teaching then she should have no problem with me. While I do not give a lot of homework I do expect that my students do a self review and tests are usually once a week to cover understanding. From what Kagome has shown me thus far I can say that she has a good basic understanding and will need some intense revisiting on some things that have been glossed over by any previous teaching to cover basics and advance information.”
“What seems to be neglected?”
“From the books here I can see very little history has been covered and since I am going to assume she is in a youkai household she will need court etiquette and formal speech. I will admit Math is not my strong suit but my sister Kanna is and if she advances beyond what I can comfortably teach than she can assist. Right now she is at a university and in a couple years she will graduate and I am sure that is about when I could no longer teach her or later. So that will be taken care of. I am also assuming this energy that I sense between you is some kind of bond and that she will need to know how to run a household and staff. It would behove her to not take advantage of the skills that will be available to her. That is just what I have noticed so far I am sure there is a plethora of other things that will be discovered along the way.”
Nodding as her astute observations I knew that this would be good choice for Kagome. While I still do not like that she didn't ask to test Kagome first I knew that Female youkai thought processes were different and sometimes it was better to go with the flow. She seemed to grasp the situation readily and that was a relief.
“Very well I will leave you here to talk things over and get acquainted. If you need any supplies let me know I and I will get them for you. We only got the basics before so that she could continue where she left off. If you believe that something else is required than what you already mentioned then come speak to me before you leave. I have to get the music room set up and Mr. Masaki settled so that he can come back this evening. Have a good time Kagome, Ms. Wind.”
Kagome's P.O.V.
After Sesshoumaru left I went on to explain to my new teacher the ins and outs of what I had been learning. Showing her the fore mentioned science that I was partial to and the pen pals I had in America. She approved of learning more than one language at a time so that I got used to thinking in English and Japanese. She knew several other languages and was happy to throw that into what we were going to be learning. I had a feeling that she would be a hard task master but was looking forward to it. I wanted to make Sesshoumaru proud of me and my sisters too. The morning flew by as she straightened a few things out on the homework projects that I hadn't had graded yet and before I knew it, it was lunch time.
Lunch was a wonder in and of itself because Ms. Wind wasted no time at all in correcting my eating habits nor Sesshoumaru's though I think he may have been slightly offended. Manners were a big thing for Ms. Wind. I wasn't particularly happy with her either as my food got cold before I could finish eating it, but knew that some day in the future I might need these things I tried to take it in stride.
After lunch was training time and the Fushins and his friends were supposed to show p around one thirty and so I eagerly awaited their arrival because of the fact Sesshoumaru was supposed to spar against them and see what they knew.
Sesshoumaru's P.O.V.
Reizo and his wife showed up with the demon slayers in tow. They introduced themselves as Manabu and Nanami Hamasaki. Both were wearing demon slaying gear and the wife Nanami had a large bone boomerang and the man had a sickle and chain with two swords tucked into his belt. We had already set up a series of dummies for them to show their skills upon and once finished they would try for me.
First we had Kagome come up and show what she knew with the bow and arrow that her sister had been teaching her to use and the staff against her sister Keade. I watched as she concentrated hard and pushed herself to make each move as exact as possible in the katas. It was nice to see the determination in her foot work and practice swings. Once done Kagome sat on the side of the arena with Aiko and her sister s upon a blanket and once everyone was ready we began the demonstration. Nanami moved with grace and ease throwing the demon bone boomerang that had to weigh at least 80 lbs and sliced through the straw dummies on the field. Her husband was next and showed accuracy with the chain to quickly bring down an opponent and the uses of the sickle.
Reizo took the basics and did a few staff and unarmed moves to show the basics. Watching Kagome I could feel through the bond a real interest in what was being shown. I could feel the beginnings of a sense of purpose and drive. It made me smile on the inside. It took an hour or so to give everyone a turn and then came the main event.
“Now Kagome, I want you to watch carefully what is going to happen. These three are all going to come at me at once and someday while you may not have my speed entirely you will be able to do the same.”
She nodded and inched closer to the arena and almost had her small button nose to the fence and with that the small battle hand begun. To make things fair I only had a sword while the other three had their arsenal at their disposal. I had already given them the rules. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nanami pull a small cat from a pouch she had had on her side. IN moments the cat transformed to a larger version and she jumped upon its back. It had been a long time since I had seen a firecat.
Dodging the woman's boomerang and making sure my feet stayed on even ground was harder when I had two men coming at me with weapons that could cross and not tangle each other. After 10 minutes of showing the various ways to dodge I began the attack. Knocking the boomerang into a tree after deflecting it with my sword I was able to incapacitate Nanami and then her husband I used the chain to bring him to me to disarm and Reizo was knocked aside and unable to stand. It was over in five minutes once I went on the attack and I could feel Kagome's amazement as she jumped up and ran over to us.
“That was amazing Sesshoumaru! What you did was neat in that you were able to disarm and not kill which is a harder skill I know from a bow and arrow. When do I start?”
“You will start tomorrow but you will have to build up strength and skill before attempting what I just showed you. You are too small for a lot of things right now but as you grow the repetition of the basics will serve you well later. We must show the Hamasaki's the place in which they may also be staying if they choose to be the co-trainers.”
“Okay! Come on everyone! Let's move out!”
“Kagome they may need a moment to recover I was not gentle in getting things done.”
“Oh! Is anyone hurt?”
“Only our pride little miss.” Said Manabu.
“Okay. Here does this help?” Kagome went to his side and placed a hand on his head and for a moment nothing happened and then a deep purple glow surrounded him for a few moments and then was gone. Not sure exactly what she had done I asked her.
“Kikyo taught me a little healing to its only good on bruises and small cuts but it should have him back on his feet now.”
“Many thanks little miss.”
Manabu stood up and went to help his wife. In a few minutes the group was ready and we made our way across the yard to the house that we showed Reizo and his wife.