InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why Not Me? ❯ One Shot ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: Okay people this is my first fic so, please review. I know there are a quite a few of you out there that I've reviewed and probably ripped your stories to shreds so here's your chance…….Let me know what you think!!!!!
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha does not belong to me AT ALL!!!!!
 
 
 
“What's all that noise about?” he asked himself, as he sat on a boulder not far from the hot spring the girl and her friend was using. `If we were hiding from someone, we would've been found out by now….with all that damn noise their making', he thought as he turned and tried to get a peep at just what they were doing, he then thought better of it, “Feh, that's not worth being `sat' on a boulder over”, as he said this he started to smirk knowing that he was lying to himself, what he wouldn't give to get just one more glance of her. It had been so long since he'd seen her, in all her glory. `If the monk was here I could use him, but knnooww he had to go back to his monastery to do what ever the hell he does there, Heh!' “Oh well, I'm not a lecher, and besides I think I have a pretty vivid imagination” he said as he reclined back with his hands behind his head, smiling to himself. “Inuyasha you've got to get a grip, when did you start talking to yourself?” he said to himself. `Shit there I go again' he thought as he closed his eyes, making sure his other senses were alert to their surrounding.
 
He sat up and sniffed, then sniffed again, “Kikyo” he said. Knowing that smell of bones and earth, the chill of death could be know one else. `Why is she here?' `What does she want?' He looked up into the night sky and like clock work there they were, her soul collectors, flying just above the tree tops, calling to him, alerting him that his presence is requested.
 
`53 years ago things were so different there was nothing I wouldn't have done for her. I remember sitting on the outskirts of her village praying that I could just get a whiff of her scent, and that would be enough to get me through the day. If I saw her or perhaps was able to walk with her that would've made my month. Just the thought that this woman was not afraid of me made my heart beat 100 times faster. When she smiled, even though her smile was never really directed at me, it made my skin become feverish. I would follow her around like a lost puppy hoping that one day perhaps she would welcome me into her village maybe even her arms, or maybe just maybe she would tell me that I was worth something.'
 
He smiled to himself as he thought about the fondest memory he had of her. `We were crossing the river, I can't remember exactly where we were coming from or going, but when she stepped out the boat, she stumbled and fell into my arms. That was the first time anyone besides my mother had touched me with out trying to harm me in some kind of way, that's when it happened that's when I decided that if it would make her touch me more like that, then I'd do whatever she asked me to do. I would remain at her side as her mate if she wanted or as her puppy which I already felt that I was.
 
“Damn Inuyasha, you were something kind of pathetic.” He whispered to himself while shaking his head. Turning his face skyward to gaze again at the soul collectors that still hovered above the tree tops, still beckoning him to come to her, he thought, `When you asked me to use the jewel to become human I was overjoyed, because I knew that then we could be together as man and wife as you had called it.' Kikyo, what a difference a day makes………”
 
He turned his gaze away from the soul collectors and towards the raven haired beauty, still sitting less than 30 yards away from him. Their eyes met and locked on one another, “She knows that I'm looking at her, why is she smiling at me, and not sitting me”. `Does she know I need her? Does she feel my soul calling to hers? Can she hear my heart pounding? How could she? It really doesn't matter she's always there for me'. No matter what.....Kagome knows me better than I know myself, she's never been afraid of me, even in the beginning when I tried to take the jewel from her, she's never been recoiled by the thought of touching me or me touching her. No matter how nasty I get or how much I curse her she is always there, when she goes home she always comes back to me. I would be just as happy if she came back empty handed but she always comes back bearing gifts for me and the others. She's the only person other than my mother and father that has given me anything. All Kikyo wanted to give me was this rosary of submission, and to take my heritage from me. But Kagome, she gives me so much, so much, that no matter how many demons I have to kill for her, or how many times I have to die for her I would never be able to repay her for what she's done for me. Do you know Kagome, that it's you I owe my life to?” He said as her reached down to grasp the gold locket she had given to him a year or so ago.
 
The wind picked up around him tossing his long silver-white hair into his face pulling him out of his reverie, he noticed that Kagome and Sango had gotten out of the hot spring and were somewhere close getting dress. He looked in the direction of where Kikyo was still waiting for him and he said just above a whisper, “For 50 years I was sealed to the Goshinbuko, lingering somewhere between life and death, because there was no trust between us Kikyo, I `m not sure if it was love but I did care about you and at that time I would've have happily given my life to you, but for the past 3 years she's loved me, she's cared for me, she's forgiven me, she awakened me to a life that I did not know existed, she doesn't ask that I give up apart of myself to be with her she accepts me as I am. No, Kikyo I will to come to you, I will not hurt her again, not for you, not for anyone.” He glanced in the direction of the soul collectors and noticed that they were slowly descending back into the tree line. He did a half smile; finally he was able to put it into to words what he had been feeling for so long.
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome said, standing just below the boulder that he was sitting on.
 
He looked down at her, and she met his gaze with a bright smile,”I'm ready if you are, Sango already went back to camp to start dinner”, she said, looking a little more than nervous.
 
Inuyasha jumped from the boulder landing directly in front of her. They stood there face to face for a moment just staring at one another, then he said, “You smell nice”, he reached for her hand, which she gave to him more than willing and they turned and walked off towards the direction of their campsite, both of them for once at peace with the world around them.