InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why was it you? ❯ chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Please bare with me this is my first fanfic and I am not really good at grammar.

Chapter 1

Kagome is on her way back from the fudal era. ` I am so glad that InuYasha let me finally go back home, even if it was only for a little while. I sure wish grandpa would stop making up all those sicknesses. It sure is frustrating when I eventually go back to school and everyone asks how I am feeling.' She thought to her self.

Kagome was coming to the edge of a clearing when she heard Shippo yelling at InuYasha. Kagome runs towards the noise and finds InuYasha about to catch Shippo. "Sit boy!" Kagome yells. InuYasha goes flat into the ground face first. " Kagome your back!" Yells Shippo who runs into her arms. " Why did you have to do that?" Yells InuYasha. " Because you were bothering my kit." Replies Kagome.

" He was so mad at you for going and slowing down the search for more jewel shards." Shippo told Kagome. " Well that's just to bad for him." Said Kagome and walks off toward the village with Shippo on her shoulder. When she got to Kaede's hut her `sister' Sango smashes her in a hug. " I am so glade you are back Kagome." She said. " Did you have a good time with your family?" " Yes I did, but grandpa made up this non believable sickness that I had to tell my friends that he is a little crazy. " I am sure he meant well." Replies Sango

~ Back at the clearing ~

" Whale she is back my love." Said InuYasha. " Good, go and find more jewel shards, the faster you find them the less time we have to wait to be together." Said Kikyo. In the bushes Shippo is shocked that InuYasha was with Kikyo. ` I thought he loved Kagome.' He thinks to himself. ` I better go tell Kagome what he is up to.' And runs off to tell her what he saw. He didn't notice that InuYasha and Kikyo were kissing.

~ At the hut ~

Kagome sees Shippo running toward her. " Shippo what is the matter?" She asks " I just saw InuYasha with Kikyo, and they were talking all weard. He called her his love, and she told him to get the shards of the jewel so they could be together." Replied Shippo. " Shippo where did you see this" asks Kagome with no hint of anger, but sadness. " In the forest near the clearing." He told her. Kagome puts Shippo down and heads off toward the forest. When she got to where Shippo said she saw InuYasha kissing Kikyo and all Kagome could see was her heart breaking. She runs away from the scene and goes toward the well.

Little does she know, Sesshroumaru was in the trees near by and had seen everything.

` Why would by stupid half brother do such a thing? Why would he want the dead, cold, unfeeling, evil, `mud' person instead of the living, kind, caring, intriguing human who loves him for what he is and not as what he could become?' He asks himself. ` I think I will take advantage of my brother's mistake and take her for my own. She intrigues me.' He goes after her.

When she was running she was not looking where she was going and ran into a hard `wall' of Sesshoumaru's chest. She was about to fall over when she felt an arm go around her. Sesshoumaru had put his arm around her so she would not fall and hurt her self. When she was steady on her feet he let go of her. When she looked up to see who it was she saw Lord Sesshoumaru standing in front of her and gasps. " Why are you crying human?" He asks even though he already knows why. " I was not crying." She responds. " What do you want?" " I want to help you out with your little problem." " My problem?" She asks. " InuYasha." " Oh, that's not a little problem that is a big one. And why would you want to help me?" "Because he hurt you when you trusted him and because he deserves it."

" What's the catch?" She asks. " No catch as you call it, just to come and live with me and take care of my daughter." " That is a catch … wait a minuet you have a daughter?" " Yes she is a human that I found alone and took her in and now I am her father." Kagome thinks to her self for a while. " Ok, it's a deal I guess." " Great!" He says while he picks her up and flies off to his castle.

~ Back at the village ~

" Where did Kagome go?" Sango asks Shippo. " She went after InuYasha, because he was with Kikyo." " He was?" " Yes he was, I saw him with her and he called her his love. I told Kagome and she went after him. Should I not have told her?" " No you did the right thing when you told her, I hope she is all right."

Just then InuYasha appears.

" Where is Kagome?" he asks. "Didn't you see her?" asks Sango "No I didn't" Well lets go look for her" suggests Sango, who does not want to tell InuYasha that Kagome knows about him and Kikyo. When InuYasha gets to the clearing he goes crazy, because he can smell his brother everywhere. " Sesshoumaru." He says with disgust in his voice. "What!" asks Sango. Sesshoumaru has been here." He answers.