InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Horses ❯ Fox Plain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It was midday, and the search for the shikon jewel has taken Kagome, Shippo, Miroku, and Inu Yasha far from the village. Infact, they seem far from just about anything at the momnet. As Kagome looks around, she sees only a huge plain, with no trees, or anything to give shade. '

"Inu Yasha," she pipped out "where are we?"

"Why the hell should I know!?" he demanded.

"I know!" shouted Shippo, jumping up and down. "This is Fox Plain, the place where Kitsunes first came from." He look exceptionally pleased with himself, with a big goofy grin on his face.

"Wow," Kagome looked around at all the plateaus and canyons.

All of a sudden, there arose a mighty thundering. It was coming from all dirctions, and soon the very ground began to shake. Kagome fell down with a little yalp. She stayed on the ground, knowing if she stood, she would fall again. Inu Yasha drew the tetesusaiga, which transformed immediately.

A colorful blur soon began to surround them. The blur was tall, at least six-and-a-half feet. As they slowed, Kagone saw that they were horses. Tal, imposing, dangerous horses. "H..horses?" shegasped out, questioningly.

"Not just 'horses.' "said Inu Yasha.

"They're the Abareuma ((haha, you knew it was coming))." Miroku said, his eyes closed, the way he said important things.

"What?" chirped Shippo.

"The Runaway Horses. One time, there lived only one demon. I great, evil, and powerful demon. He existed to torture men, to kill and thrive on the blood and carcasses of the men he killed. He decided to ceate servants, since mankind were weak, and not worth his trouble. The servants were the Uma, his Horses. And for a time, they lived only to serve him. Meting out his punishments, and carrying his threats.

"But rebellion must come sometime. Years, and years ago, a girl was born. Her spirit was strong, never suppressed by the evils around her. She was Hanran, some believe the very spirit of revolt, sent to fight the so needed battle.

"She incited rebelliion among the Uma, thus saving thousands from death and torture. The revolting Uma were thus the Abareuma, Runaway Horses. When the great demon was killed, he split into the thousands of demons there are today." Miroku finished reverently, his head slightly bowed.

Before anything else could be said, a strong female voice shouted out "Good!" someone was moving forwards throught the Abareuma, who mad a space for her. "Then I am still remembered." The woman, assumedly Hanran, was exactly what a rebel leader should look like. She had hair the color of flame, tanned skin, and piercing lightning blue eyes. Only after noting the more human features, did Kagome notice that she had two swiveling horse ears atop her head, hoove instead of feet, and a swishing horse's tail. "But, priest, you forget that it was the Abares and I that slayed the <i>great</i> one." the "great" was said with an enormous sneer.

"How could you still be alive? You were, are, uh human?" Kagome asked, puzzeled.

"I like the 'were.' " Hanran laughs, kind of out her nose, like a horse. "Yes, and I suppose I still kind of am. As the demon was dying, the Abareuma and myself had to channel the energy, or risk lasting damage to the Earth. Intwining magic so closely with another species left me with a few savory Uma traits." she fingered her swiveling ears.

"Cut the small talk." Inu Yasha said, his normal impatient self. "Where's the shard?" he said.

Hanran turned her head to fix Inu Yasha with her piercing stare. "You must be Inu Yasha. And the girl, is Kikyo." her eyes did not leave Inu Yasha's face.

"Um," Kagome said softly. "I'm not Kikyo. My name is Kagome." '<i>Will everyone continue to see my as Kikyo?</i>'

"Kagome," Hanran seemed to be testing the name. "Huh."

"Jewel Shard." Inu Yasha said, breaking in.

"Sit!" Kagome said, sending Inu Yasha to the ground with a terrible thump. "Do you have a shard, Lady Hanran?"

"Perhaps, Kagome. And just Hanran, please." she smiled. "Come with us, Seekers of the Shikon Jewel." She signaled anf three of the Abareuma came forwards. "You walk to slowly. Ride." she said, bluntly.

"Like hell I will!" Inu Yasha said, quite indignantly. "I run plenty fast, horse."

"Fine." Hanran said slowly, fixating Inu Yasha with another penetrating stare. She signaled one of the horses back. "I assume the Kitsune will ride with you, Kagome?" she swung her head with the grace of a high bred mare.

"Uhuh." Kagome nodded.

"Mount." Hanran commanded. The Abareuma knelt to make it easier on their riders. Kagome and Shippo mounted one, Miroku the other. InuYasha just stood, waiting to get moving. "Move out!" she shouted to her 'troops.' The Abareuma all seemed to become one enormous wave, moving at unreasonable speeds, with the three riding on top, and Inu Yasha panting and running along the side.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/\/

Okay, so this is my first fanfic. How do ya like it? Please, I would like some reviews, so rate me!!!