InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wild Horses ❯ The Abareuma Camp ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kagome looked around, not nearly believing what had just happened, and where she now was. They had crossed hundreds of miles, at least, in only a couple hours. 'Almost as fast as an airplane.' she thought, but thinking of her modern world brought a terrified thought. "Crap!" she said aloud. She had forgotten an essay. It was due monday, but, was it monday already? She thought for a moment about asking Inu Yasha, but remembered what ad happened when she had a date on saturday. Sighing, Kagome decided to forget it.
She looked around at the giant cavern. How did trees grow inside a cave anyways? And where did that grey light come from? Not the sun, that was for certain. They had galloped accross the entire Fox plain, into this cave, and had ended up in this huge cavern. Hanran said the Abareuma had always lived here.
Miroku seemed busy flirting with Hanran, if you could call it that. His face was becoming more and more spread with red hand-shaped marks. Inu Yasha kept looking for the Jewel shard, that he "knew" Hanran had. he came very close to being kicked by razor sharp hooves several times. Shippo was sleeping, a tired little kitsune.
This left Kagome free to explore the marvelous cavern. She walked away, the direction into the deeper parts of the cave. It was odd, the trees seemed to grow thicker and thicker. It was so odd. They were of no kind that she recognized or had even seen. She kept walking, almost entranced by the odd trees and flowers. Speaking of the flowers, they were neon pink, yellow, and green, the oddest colors.
She couldn't stop herself, she kept walking and walking. It was almost sorcery. when that thought hit her head, Kagome stopped dead. She suddenly realized that she didn't know where she was, or how to get back. She trembled, suddenly afraid. "I...Inu Yasha!" she shouted, wondering if he could hear her.

Back in the camp, Inu Yasha cocked his ears. "What is it?" Miroku asked, suddenly realizing that Hanran was listening as well.
"Kagome!" Hanran and Inu Yasha said at the same time. "Shit! The TreeSpell!" Hanran said loudly. When both Miroku and Inu Yasha looked at her she elaborated. "Most humans who enter the cave find themsleves not exactly paid attention to, and look at the trees. These are magical trees, which capture idle minds and set them into a forced thought process. They watch as the trees become thicker, then notice the flowers, then they think the same thing. 'It's almost like sorcery.' It's then that they stop and realize they are lost, calling out for rescue."
"We'd better find her then." said Inu Yasha, sounding just a bit more concerned than her would normally be. Hanran nodded, not only agreeing, but noting his concern as well.
"Come, I know this cave." Hanran led the way into the deeper areas of the cavern. She turned, determined not to pay too much attention to Inu Yasha, he would follow.

Kagome sat down, she seemed to have been out there for hours. "Inu, Inu Yasha!" she cried, tears splashing down on the ground. The trees seemed to be bending, forming a cage around her keeping her in the terrible and dark forests.
"And now Kikyo, there's no one to hear you scream." Sesshomaru stepped out of the trees, pushing through the cage of trees.
"I, I'm not Kikyo!" she shouted, standing, the tears still wet on her face. "I'm Kagome!" her angry glare met Seshomaru in the eye.
"As you may believe, Kikyo."
"I am not Kikyo!" she screamed. "And Inu Yasha will save me, dog!" 'God I'm such an idiot, I should've brought my arrows!' she thought frantically, searching for a weapon.


Hanran tilted her head to one side. "This way, " she led Inu Yasha to Kagome.
"But, it was coming from over here!" Inu Yasha pointed in the opposite direction Hanran had indicated.
"Yes, I know that! But you don't know the forest! That way leads to an impenetrable wall of trees, This way takes us quickly around." She started walking. Inu Yasha conceded, thinking she did know what she was doing.
They walked onwards, heading now in the direction of Kagome's cries. Inu Yasha became more frantic every second, not wanting her dead. They moved on, using Inu Yasha's nose, and Hanran's ears.
"Here." she said, pointing to a place where the trees seemed bent inwards.
"Kagome!" Inu Yasha shouted bursting into the clearing. She was on her knees, on the far sidwe of the clearing, with Sesshomaru on the other, his eyes pure murder.
"Inu Yasha." his brother said, turning to face him.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ \/

Ok, so here's chapter two! Now, will Kagome fall prey to Inu Yasha's brother? Will the siblings confront each other once again? Has Hanran led Inu Yasha into a trap? Find out in chapter two!
REVIEW!!!