InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Willow ❯ Chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It had been months since Kagome had left. They both know she had to go back, but that didn't make it easier. Miroku and Sango had their own life together. Naraku was dead and the jewel in one piece again, with Kagome for her safe keeping. Belonging nowhere, he only wandered.
Inuyasha walked through the woods alone. He stopped in a clearing to rest. It was so peaceful that he quickly drifted asleep.
Inuyasha was awakened by a loud crash through the brush. He looked down to see a girl running from a bear demon. Her dress was tattered and her hair flew in her face She turned, grabbing a sharp branch, swinging at it. She fell back tripping over a tree root and crashed to the ground. Inuyasha leapt from the tree tearing the demon apart in one swipe. He turned to see the girl passed out on the ground.
Inuyasha gently picked her up and carried her to a nearby stream. He made a bed of leaves for her to lay in and and stood by her until she awoke.
"What happened?" she asked as she tried to sit.
"A demon attacked you. It almost got you too," Inuyasha looked at her worriedly. "Lucky I was there, but I shoudn't have to go around saving people all the time," he fumed.
"You saved me?" her eyes widened in surprized.
"How else do you think you got here?"
"But you're a hanyou!" she exclaimed. The words stung. Inuyasha glared, trying to keep from yelling at the injured girl.
"Is that a problem?" he growled.
"No," she smiled. "I think you're cute." Inuyasha blushed slightly.
"Oh, shut up," he yelled. She looked as if she might cry. Inuyasha hated to see girls cry.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled. "Now let's get you home."
"I don't have one," she said, a stream of tears slid down her cheek.
"Well, we'll figure out something. What are you doing out here anyway?" he asked.
"It's the only place I belong," she said. She wiped the tears from her cheek and flung them to the ground. Inuyasha stared in surprize as flowers sprouted from the ground where the tears landed. The girl smiled weakly.
"How did you do that?" he asked her.
"My mother was a nymph."
"Oh, okay," Inuyasha wasn't sure what to think.
"So what is your name girl?" Inuyasha asked as he helped her stand.
"Willow. How about you?"
"Inuyasha. So are you okay?"
Willow brushed the dirt off her dress and ran her fingers through her hair.
"I'm fine. Thank you for saving me Inuyasha," Willow smiled.
"It's okay. Whatever. So where do you want to go?" Inuyasha grumbled.
"I owe you my life Inuyasha. I must stay with you. Maybe someday I can repay your kindness.
"Maybe you can grow me a garden," Inuyasha retorted.
"I'm sorry you think so little of me. Maybe you're not different after all," Willow turned and walked away. She tried to muffle her sobs and left muddy streaks on her face as he wiped away the tears, which were quickly replaced by more.
Inuyasha ran after Willow. He grabbed her wrist and turned her to face him. He wiped her face with his robe and looked into her deep green eyes.
"I guess you can come if you want. But don't expect me to be saving you all the time." he managed a weak smile, trying to offset his harsh words.
"Thank you. I'll try not to get in your way."

"Kagome!" Inuyasha yelled, sitting up quickly. Willow sat up and looked at him groggily.
"Are you okay?" she asked, shaking him from his dream. Inuyasha was shaking, still half asleep.
"Yeah," he said once he came to, realizing it was all a dream.
"Who's Kagome?" Willow asked quietly.
"Just a girl I used to know. It's nothing, okay," Inuyasha snarled, turning quickly away.
"Well, if you ever need someone to talk to..." Willow trailed off, gently placing her arm around Inuyasha's shoulders. He started to lean into her, but pulled away quickly.
"What are you doing?" he glared angrily at her.
"Trying to be a good friend. You're the only one I have," Willow frowned.
"I'm not yout friend. You're only here because YOU insisted on it. Remember? I'd have been more than happy to have just left you in the next town we passed through!" Inuyasha yelled, his amber eyes glowing with anger.
Willow didn't say a word, she just stared into the glowing embers that were the hanyou's eyes.
"Why are you staring at me?" he asked still yelling.
"Why are you yelling at me?" she asked, almost in a whisper.
"You're just so frustrating! I don't need anyone, but you're alwasys here. I couldn't get away if I tried," he saw the sadness in her deep green eyes and calmed a bit.
"Just go back to sleep Willow, forget all of this. It'll be better in the morning," Inuyasha laid down and rolled over to go back to sleep.
Willow sat in the shadows staring at the hanyou, finally, she crept towards him and laid down nearby. She drifted to sleep, tring to think of how to soften his heart.

When Inuyasha awoke, Willow was no where to be found. 'Maybe she left' he thought. 'I better look for her anyway' He trudged off to find the tagalong.
He heard her, not too far away. He looked through the brush and saw her bathing in a hot spring. The water sparkled in her golden hair, and she would've looked beautiful, if she hadn't been crying.
'What's her prob;em anyway? She always crying about something. At least she doesn't yell about everything like Kagome did. Kagome' He pushed Kagome from his mind with much effort. He also went back to where they'd been sleeping the night before. He didn't think Willow would want to be spied on like that.
"Inuyasha," Willow called as she walked towards him.
"What?" he turned to say hello.
"I just came to say goodbye," she looked at the ground, refusing to let herself cry again.
"No willow. I was going to tell you before, but you were gone. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings last night. Go ahead and stay," he smiled hopefully at her.
"No, you're right. I'm only in your way. Goodbye Inuyasha," Willow gave him a brief hug and walked off, leaving Inuyasha to watch her go.